Thread: Grubauer

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Grubauer

Looking for opinions on Grubauer for the remainder of the season. Cats are W, GAA, save%. He's been good lately but started poorly...
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Grubauer

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Looking for opinions on Grubauer for the remainder of the season. Cats are W, GAA, save%. He's been good lately but started poorly...
    Jones has been so putrid Grubs has taken back the starter gig. Only took a 10 game stretch of Jones letting in 4-5 goals most games for them to finally see it.

My guess is Grubs takes 60 to 75% of the starts moving forward if he can keep a reasonable level of play like he has since the break

Would I bet money on it? No. Goalies are voodoo. But I picked him up myself seeing the way the wind was blowing a month ago when Jones was allowing 5 goals a lot and thus far it has paid off. Grubs just got consecutive starts 4 games in a row. That alone is a big flag that Jones has the lost confidence of the team
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think he'll be okay, and likely getting slightly more of the starts. I'd have him kind of middle of the pack, so that's fine - but I could put lots of goalies on decent teams in that mix.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I've owned Jones for some time with Jarry out and the flame has gone out. I also have Grubs and he has clearly taken back his crease. I would say conservatively it's a 60/40 split the rest of the way in Philip's favor.