Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jakob Chychrun Sweepstakes

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Chychrun healthy scratch

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    As a Chychrun owner I think either would be a great landing spot, not sure which is best, I’m going to say LA taking into account keeper leagues as he’s presumably heir-apparent to Doughty on PP1.
    I approve this post.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't know if it's true or not, but apparently this was on the Kings Twitter account last night, and then removed. This image was shared with me a few minutes ago.

Chychrun to the Kings

Byfield, Moverare, 2023 1st and 2025 2nd to Arizona.

Screenshot_20230212_150958_Chrome.jpg

Edit - it was pointed out to me if this was true then Byfield wouldn't have played last night.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I'm not sure there's too many destinations that sustain Chychrun's value. He's so offensively inclined that he'll be productive but defensemen are so role dependent. Boston, get in line behind McAvoy, Lindholm and Grzelcyk. LA, it's Doughty, Durzi and maybe eventually Clarke. Edmonton, Barrie and Bouchard are in the way. Toronto's got Rielly and Sandin. Presumably, one of the names in the way could be moved in any Chychrun deal, which would help. But I think ultimately a ceiling gets put on him by any move to a contender.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

I think like most people I assumed LA was the most logical destination. But now I kinda feel that if he was going to LA, that deal would have happened already. The kings have a stacked cupboard of prospects, and they probably have clear boundaries of who they won't move (byfield, Clarke). I'd assume a deal surrounds a first rounder or two, turcotte and a couple of other average pieces. If that hasn't happened yet, what has changed to make it happen all of a sudden?
    If the coyotes aren't bluffing as has been suggested above (and they might be to create a sense of urgency for other teams), I think Boston is where he's going. They're all in this year with much less regard for the future than a team like LA. This is the end for bergeron. Marchand isnt getting younger. And the last year where pasta costs only 7 figures. They're dominating the regular season but I'm not at all sold on this team in the playoffs. I think they'll sell the farm for chuchryn. First roundercccccç this year and next, lysell and a couple other pieces. That's what the coyotes had been looking for all along and I think the bruins will do it.
    Toronto I don't think was ever much of a threat here.
    Edmonton, I don't see Holland pulling the trigger on what it would cost.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I think like most people I assumed LA was the most logical destination. But now I kinda feel that if he was going to LA, that deal would have happened already. The kings have a stacked cupboard of prospects, and they probably have clear boundaries of who they won't move (byfield, Clarke). I'd assume a deal surrounds a first rounder or two, turcotte and a couple of other average pieces. If that hasn't happened yet, what has changed to make it happen all of a sudden?
    If the coyotes aren't bluffing as has been suggested above (and they might be to create a sense of urgency for other teams), I think Boston is where he's going. They're all in this year with much less regard for the future than a team like LA. This is the end for bergeron. Marchand isnt getting younger. And the last year where pasta costs only 7 figures. They're dominating the regular season but I'm not at all sold on this team in the playoffs. I think they'll sell the farm for chuchryn. First roundercccccç this year and next, lysell and a couple other pieces. That's what the coyotes had been looking for all along and I think the bruins will do it.
    Toronto I don't think was ever much of a threat here.
    Edmonton, I don't see Holland pulling the trigger on what it would cost.
    I wonder if this is simply pragmatism on the Kings' part because of the uneven goaltending they've received. They may simply have been waiting it out as long as possible seeing if prices come down on alternatives, where they're sitting in the playoff race and if they can figure something out in net. They probably want to know if they simply need a left side defenseman or if they also need a goalie. Also, they may be waiting to see if Jordan Spence or Brandt Clarke forced them to make a move on the right side or if an injury dictated that they had less of a strength to sell from on that side.

But yes, I totally get the urgency on the Bruins' part. And landing a Chychrun could keep the window cracked for another run or two after this season if the old guys are still willing to come back.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I’m probably alone, but in a keeper I would prefer Chychrun to stay in Arizona, and be no 1 guy on D, and hoping Bedard arrive there.

Like you said in this thread, everywhere he will go, he could be no 2, 3
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't think that LA keeping their assets is what's going on here. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention, but are there really any goalies on the block this trade deadline season? Gibson has been rumored forever, but he's been pretty bad the past few years. Even if the kings add a goalie, there's no one out there that would require a Clarke or Spence to get a deal done.
    Just took a look at tsn's trade bait list. The only goalie on there is vejmelka. Maybe part of the hold up with LA is the kings wanting vejmelka involved and the price is would take for him. Cause for chuchryn alone I think i don't think there's that much wiggle room on who they'd move. But after singing Copley to an extension, do they want another fairly similar goalie?

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    I don't think that LA keeping their assets is what's going on here. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention, but are there really any goalies on the block this trade deadline season? Gibson has been rumored forever, but he's been pretty bad the past few years. Even if the kings add a goalie, there's no one out there that would require a Clarke or Spence to get a deal done.
    Just took a look at tsn's trade bait list. The only goalie on there is vejmelka. Maybe part of the hold up with LA is the kings wanting vejmelka involved and the price is would take for him. Cause for chuchryn alone I think i don't think there's that much wiggle room on who they'd move. But after singing Copley to an extension, do they want another fairly similar goalie?
    Well I wonder if that Copley signing isn't a hint that they've settled in on that front and are now more comfortable moving on Chychrun.

Dobber Sports Master

Kypreos thinks it’s Brandt Clark going to Az via his Twitter this afternoon

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Well I wonder if that Copley signing isn't a hint that they've settled in on that front and are now more comfortable moving on Chychrun.
    That Copley signing also could be to make sure Arizona has a goalie that isn't crazy expensive coming back, but I think Copley is the goalie they are least likely to trade, honestly. he's been the best of the 3, and is the cheapest.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Kypreos thinks it’s Brandt Clark going to Az via his Twitter this afternoon
    Aparany LA has told Clarke he isn’t being traded. So much rumors I don’t know what’s true.

Dobber Sports Titan

He will continue being a HS until a trade is completed according to the Coyotes head coach.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He will continue being a HS until a trade is completed according to the Coyotes head coach.
    Interesting

Either a trade is really close and the coach is told not to play him so that he doesn't get injured

Or the trade is not really close and this is a tactic to help them catch the blackhawks and blue jackets
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Interesting

Either a trade is really close and the coach is told not to play him so that he doesn't get injured

Or the trade is not really close and this is a tactic to help them catch the blackhawks and blue jackets
    I'm thinking it's a bit of both. PHX picking up too many inconvenient points lately...

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I'm thinking it's a bit of both. PHX picking up too many inconvenient points lately...
    Really f’ing frustrating for his owners though!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper