Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leo Carlsson or Perfetti

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Leo Carlsson or Perfetti

I have the option of trading a draft pick that I'm very sure will be Leo Carlsson for Perfetti. Should I do it? Perfetti has good upside and is already performing, but people keep saying Carlsson would go first overall in other years and I'm wondering if he will end up better.

The Great One

Default Re: Leo Carlsson or Perfetti

Tour not wrong about Carlsson but look at guys like kakko and lafrwniere- there's so much more to development than raw skill. Some guys don't even believe in those two. I certainly do but even I recognize there will be a wait and maybe said skill doesn't translate to the NHL like we thought it would.

Perfetti plays a pro game and hes producing right out of the gate. His place on the team is secured- he is really showing he has "it" and seems to be separating himself from the guys he was drafted beside. Remember in that draft it was a clear Laffy at number one then stutzle and Byfield seemed to be in a second tier- but after that there were like 8 guys tou could have went with and most outlets agreed they were similar. The funny thing is most outlets "gun to my head" orders featured perfetti at or very near the top. The jets were thought to have gotten a steal just by virtue of waiting and taking the bpa. That draft was loaded and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he develops into a star if not a superstar in the peg.

I think if you keep the pick you're swinging on even greater upside that does inherently come with some risk which would be fine. I do think there's an argument to going for perfetti though. If you're a risk averse type take perfetti. If you like gambling go Carlsson lol!

Or if he's keen on moving perfetti then write back that this years draft is legendary and that you need a real plus with it. Worst he can say is no...

Dobber Sports Star

I'd rather have Perfetti.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Tour not wrong about Carlsson but look at guys like kakko and lafrwniere- there's so much more to development than raw skill. Some guys don't even believe in those two. I certainly do but even I recognize there will be a wait and maybe said skill doesn't translate to the NHL like we thought it would.

Perfetti plays a pro game and hes producing right out of the gate. His place on the team is secured- he is really showing he has "it" and seems to be separating himself from the guys he was drafted beside. Remember in that draft it was a clear Laffy at number one then stutzle and Byfield seemed to be in a second tier- but after that there were like 8 guys tou could have went with and most outlets agreed they were similar. The funny thing is most outlets "gun to my head" orders featured perfetti at or very near the top. The jets were thought to have gotten a steal just by virtue of waiting and taking the bpa. That draft was loaded and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he develops into a star if not a superstar in the peg.

I think if you keep the pick you're swinging on even greater upside that does inherently come with some risk which would be fine. I do think there's an argument to going for perfetti though. If you're a risk averse type take perfetti. If you like gambling go Carlsson lol!

Or if he's keen on moving perfetti then write back that this years draft is legendary and that you need a real plus with it. Worst he can say is no...
    A lot of good points here. Summarized, the fact that a player is drafted very high does not mean they will have instant success in the NHL, in fact, some end up busts. For the vast majority of young prospects, the road to both NHL and Fantasy Hockey relevance is a process which takes 2 to 3 years, and it is fact that some fail. So, is Leo Carlsson and exception to this? I suspect not. Perfetti is now 21 and has established his NHL career and is performing well on the 2nd line and with 2ndPP minutes at the age of 21 and I would suggest is on track to hit his 90 pt upside. The bottom line here is that you move Perfetti at risk. It all depends on your appetite for risk. As a last point, I would add that Carlsson like so many others will be a wait, the process will play out. He may get there, and he may not. But I highly suspect you will have a 2 year wait to find out. Personally, I'm quite happy to roll with Perfetti.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

id go with Perf..i watched teh WJC and i really watched LC to see the "it" but i didn't see any "it"...maybe it was because it was so overshadowed by Bedard?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    id go with Perf..i watched teh WJC and i really watched LC to see the "it" but i didn't see any "it"...maybe it was because it was so overshadowed by Bedard?
    Watch his highlights

As for OP… I rather have top 5 pick than Perfetti but I maybe in majority here

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wayzer View Post
    I have the option of trading a draft pick that I'm very sure will be Leo Carlsson for Perfetti. Should I do it? Perfetti has good upside and is already performing, but people keep saying Carlsson would go first overall in other years and I'm wondering if he will end up better.
    I have not heard anyone say that Carlsson would go first overall in other years. Not that what I hear is the defining element here, but I've not read anything or seen anything to that effect. What I've seen repeatedly is that any of Bedard, Michkov, and/or Fantilli could have been #1 overall picks in some other years, especially in comparison to 2022. For fantasy purposes, I don't believe he's a top 5 pick and perhaps not even a top 10 pick this summer.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Watch his highlights

As for OP… I rather have top 5 pick than Perfetti but I maybe in majority here
    i could cherry pick Perfs highlights too...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Newbie

Give me the guy already set up for success and is contributing. Perfetti for me!
    14 Team Keeper (Keep any 10)
    H2H Bangers League, Cats: G, A, P, H, W
    3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G 9Bench

G : Ilya Samsonov, Vitek Vanecek, Jack Campbell
    F: Sebastien Aho, Brayden Point, Kirill Kaprizov, Alex Debrincat, Kevin Fiala, Drake Batherson, Robert Thomas, Tanner Jeannot, Jake DeBrusk, Lawson Crouse, Ross Colton, Matt Duchene, Cole Perfetti, Joel Farabee
    D : Cale Makar, Rasmus Dahlin, Adam Larsson, Cam Fowler, Alexander Romanov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would go Carlsson in this one. I know I'm, the minority in this one but I think he going to be excellent
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well I’d say this. Fantili and Michkov are much better prospects then Carlson imo. If you can snag one of them then maybe.

The Great One

This is a great topic!

I know I voiced the argument for perfetti and I stand by it but I absolutely see the appeal of trading too haha! Thats why I added the bottom bit- if im "on the edge" like this already- see what else he would throw you- it wouldn't take much to talk me into doing this. One for one you gotta hold but there could be merit if he adds value...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    Well I’d say this. Fantili and Michkov are much better prospects then Carlson imo. If you can snag one of them then maybe.
    i think Mitchkov is # 2 talent in this draft, maybe even #1 but his status will scare teams off and it shoudl scare fantasy owners off too...i would not take him in top 3 because of that

I think Carlson and Fantili are very close in talent level but i personally like Carlson's game more...he is very smooth on his skates and he makes plays that normal human eye does not see...extremely

creative and finds ways to execute his visions...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I was really looking forward to this draft when they started debating Bedard and Michkov and was hoping we would truly have a competition at the top and a surprise at the #1 overall pick... but fast forward and now its not even a conversation.

As for Leo Carlsson.... sure he will be good... but I like Perfetti in the situation he is in... playing top 6 minutes.. I think you got to keep him unless the other owners is going to throw in some extras somewhere.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Wayzer View Post
    Wayzer trade that pick for Perfetti.
    The kid plays in the NHL; not a still waiting to make it. He plays top 6 mins, on the #2PP unit, and has been producing in what is truly his 1st full season in the NHL.

Carlsson is just the new shiny item, and you don't even know the team he could play for. Forget the fact he still has to make his NHL team.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov