Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Provorov won't support Gay Pride

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Provorov won't support Gay Pride

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's become a fiasco because the media is spinning it into one. You know who you don't hear complaining to the media about all this? The LGBTQ community.
    Listening to Marek the day after was unreal. I can't count the number of times they complained on the show about how the Provorov issue overshadowed all the great work that JVR and Laughton have done for Pride and how no one is talking about that now. They then proceeded to continue to talk about Provorov for the entire show.

That's not to say it isn't worth talking about, but they could have at least covered the positive side of what the Flyers did as well instead of reducing it to a footnote and complaining about how it's simply a footnote.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    If that particular community made a big deal about every single time people treated them as lesser individuals they would have nothing else to do with their time. Don't take the lack of response as anything other than "Yeah, what's new." It's not because it doesn't matter. It's because it's still so commonplace in society.
    Like I said, my cousin finds it humorous how crazy this story has become. The non-LGBTQ community is waaay more upset about this than they are.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Like I said, my cousin finds it humorous how crazy this story has become. The non-LGBTQ community is waaay more upset about this than they are.
    This is a great example of what occurs in the real world outside of these forums. Axeman if you read this whole thread has been more on doulos side but even that isn't good enough, so eventually he get's attacked for not being all in. This does more harm to the cause than good.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Wizard

There is a woke pandemic that is quite troubling because there is no vaccine for it and it has the potential to make some people's lives miserable.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    There is a woke pandemic that is quite troubling because there is no vaccine for it and it has the potential to make some people's lives miserable.
    Do you know who's lives are becoming more miserable?
    Bigots, racist, misogynists, and unrepentant a$$holes in general.

Can't say I feel too bad about those sections of society feeling the heat rise. If anyone feels more stressed by 'wokeism', they might want to look in the mirror to figure out why. Chances are good they belong in the above list.

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is amazing boomer facebook copypasta

Dobber Sports Veteran

Buzzword buzzword buzzword, fake outrage.

The issue most people have with “wokeism” is, those terms are thrown around so loosely.
    Someone has a difference of opinion? “Bigot!”
    Someone doesn’t actively support a group? “Racist!”
    Someone doesn’t wear a pride jersey. “Homophobe!”

Just curious how people get a clear view of your pro-pride t-shirt from way up on that high horse.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Do you know who's lives are becoming more miserable?
    Bigots, racist, misogynists, and unrepentant a$$holes in general.

Can't say I feel too bad about those sections of society feeling the heat rise. If anyone feels more stressed by 'wokeism', they might want to look in the mirror to figure out why. Chances are good they belong in the above list.
    You want this to be true, we all do but i dont think those people will get the message. In fact they will find each other and solidify their stance.

This is about changing mentality, a mentality passed on thru generations. Most people dont have the capacity to make these kinds of changes over night or even over a decade, and its harder to do the older one gets. We have to be patient. Negative energy directed towards a minority group is what we are trying to prevent, so we shouldn't be doing it ourselves even though its intended for the greater good.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Look, the only time I care about someone's sexual orientation is if I want to have sex with them. Other than that, I don't give a damn. There is nothing to be proud of when it comes to your sexual preferences. A minority group decides that they feel they need to announce their sexual orientation to the world in a loud fashion and then they and the woke crowd call everyone who doesn't go along a homophobe. That's what I call woke craziness. Provorov did nothing wrong. This is a nonstory yet it's all over the news and here we're talking about it too.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Look, the only time I care about someone's sexual orientation is if I want to have sex with them. Other than that, I don't give a damn. There is nothing to be proud of when it comes to your sexual preferences. A minority group decides that they feel they need to announce their sexual orientation to the world in a loud fashion and then they and the woke crowd call everyone who doesn't go along a homophobe. That's what I call woke craziness. Provorov did nothing wrong. This is a nonstory yet it's all over the news and here we're talking about it too.
    Amen

Dobber Sports Stud

are you ok with same sex marriage? What about same sex bathrooms? What about transgenders in sports?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    are you ok with same sex marriage? What about same sex bathrooms? What about transgenders in sports?
    The first sentence in my previous post should give you a strong clue about the answers to your questions.

By the way, same sex bathroom is a weird one. What if didn't support same-sex bathrooms for the reason that women take forever to use the bathroom and I don't want to wait longer than I'm used to?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Don't care
    Don't care
    No transgenders in sports to me is a no no especially males going to compete in womens sports.

Sorry not sorry

Dobber Sports Star

Anybody who thinks that the purpose of the LGBT movement is to support people who feel the need to announce their sexual orientation to the world in a loud fashion, is either out of touch with the reality of the abhorrent treatment that members of the LGBTQ community have suffered for thousands of years (Largely, at the hands of those in the religious community I might add), or they are insistent on downplaying those atrocities. It makes me sad that people think this is simply about screaming "I'm Gay" to everyone...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bingo.

Careful though, you'll be labelled a homophobe because you forgot to wear your pride shirt before you spoke the truth.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby