Thread: Huet/Khabibulin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Huet/Khabibulin

I have Huet (along with Luongo and Fleury) and I keep hearing that Khabibulin is going to get shipped. Anyone have info on when that might happen? I may look into trading for either Theodore or Ellis because Huet starts only half the games. I\'d be interested in any thoughts to keeping Huet or making a deal for another goalie.
    10 Team H2H 7 Keepers, Roster of 20
    Nightly Lineup: Play 12 (6-7F, 4D, 1-2G)
    Stats: G(4), A(2), +/-(1), SOG(.5), PIM(.5), PPG(1), SHG(2), GWG(2), SHOG(1), HT(6), W(5), SO(5), SVs(.2)

F: Ovechkin, Giroux, Nash, Kopitar, Hossa, Selanne, Getzlaf , Versteeg, Wheeler, Stastny
    D: Green, Letang, Souray, Garrison, Edler, Subban
    G: Luongo, Fleury, Pavelec, Nabokov
    IR: Montoya

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Huet/Khabibulin

It\'ll happen. But maybe not until closer to the All-Star break when Khabby\'s salary is more affordable. I think Jersey is hoping to ride out the storm with Weekes unless something else catastrophic happens.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Huet/Khabibulin

My guess is Khabi will go to russia. He got the OK to receive offers from the KHL and will get more $ after his contract here expires. I doubt any NHL team is gonna bet on him at this point, but i could be wrong. Huet will be #1 in Chicago before the season ends.
    Points only Keeper, forwards assists worth 0.5

C - Malkin, Kopitar, M.Richards, Sam Gagner, Kadri, Bozak, Burmistrov, Kuznetsov
    LW - Ovechkin, Gaborik, Booth, A.Kostsitsyn, JVR, Clowe, Tanguay, Tedenby
    RW - Kane, Stewart, Briere, Penner, Downie, Hayes
    D - Gonchar, Markov, Visnovsky, J.Johnson, Karlsson, Kulikov, Shattenkirk, Gudbranson
    G - Miller, Anderson, Schneider, Neuvirth
    Enroth, Pickard, Reimer

Dress weekly: 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Huet/Khabibulin

Khabibulin allready talked to clubs in Russia, but he decied to stay in Chicago. I think the chances he will go to the KHL this year a very slim.

Khabi will get traded, itīs just a matter of time. There are some team that should be interested. L.A., Colorado and New Jersey just to mention 3.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Huet/Khabibulin

With the goaltending you already have, why would you be looking at taking on Theodore or Ellis? Luongo, Fluery and Huet should be more than enough to carry your goalie cats, even with Huet playing half the games. Neither Theo or Ellis is playing particularily well right now; all they would do is hurt you.

Khabibulin will get moved, but right now no one is desperate enough to take on his contract. NJ won\'t; they don\'t have the cap space and Broduer will be back before season\'s end. Colorado is a good fit; they are in need of a quality keeper to get them to the playoffs.

I don\'t see any trade for Khabby anytime soon. Perhaps mid to late December, but not before then.

Just my $.02
    on fantasy hockey hiatus!!!