Thread: Early rank my keeper forwards for trade purposes?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Early rank my keeper forwards for trade purposes?

So I am trying to gauge my forward keepers so I can make some moves for a D. How do you rank these guys? League in sig. I can only keep 3.

Kucherov
    Connor
    Panarin
    Hughes
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Early rank my keeper forwards for trade purposes?

In a 12 team keep 5 situation I'd lean towards dropping Markstrom and keeping the guys you mentioned. But based on what you asked for, I'd drop Panarin. It's close between him and Connor for me (Hughes doesn't offer peripherals but his points will be much higher than Connor IMO and is much younger than Panarin). Connor had only one year above PPG and Winnipeg is struggling a bit, but he also gets more PPP points and peripherals than Panarin.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Panarin
    Hughes
    Kucherov
    Connor

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
    Panarin
    Hughes
    Kucherov
    Connor
    Wow Kucherov not #1? That was the one I was most confident in and Panarin was the keeper I worried about the most.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Your set up allows 2 forwards and 1 any as keepers.
    In keeping 3 forwards given your scoring categories I would easily keep Kucherov, Hughes, Connor.
    Panarin just doesn’t offer the same volume of shots as those three.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Genius

I am thinking of trading Panarin for Morgan Rielly straight up. I have so many offensive forwards that I am thinking I can sacrifice Panarin for another strong D.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I am thinking of trading Panarin for Morgan Rielly straight up. I have so many offensive forwards that I am thinking I can sacrifice Panarin for another strong D.
    I like that. Panarin, as others have noted, is the least valuable forward you listed based on your format. If you can turn Panarin into Reilly, you do it.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

So I don't currently play in a hits-pims-blocks league but I've heard panarin suffers in that format. He even struggles with sogs which is kinda rare for a truly elite point producer. I think he's kind of expendable but id be very careful. I don't know what to make of kucherov lately but he's got the ability to go absolutely supernova in any given year. I feel like you just hold on with both hands. I own Hughes and hes one of the few guys I would just never consider moving- I mean outside of makar and mcdavid- just wouldn't bother. I like Connor and he does shoot but his other cats are weak again- I love all 4 of these guys but they generally suffer in multi cat- its one of the reasons I avoid these formats- i love how Tkachuk and Wilson have more value but I hate how someone like Kane would have no value this year- it feels dumb to me (just my opinion- not disrespecting people who feel differently) but I always comb the wore and the boxscores looking for whose scoring and if those guys don't have value it just doesn't feel right to me.

Anyways back on topic:

Hughes
    Kucherov
    Panarin
    Connor

But really I feel like Hughes is the only pure hold, kucherovs a hold that could backfire and as good as the other two are and they're VERY good- it might be time you moved them for a multi cat stud or a dman to round out your keepers otherwise you've got an uphill battle at the draft every year.