Thread: Acquiring DeBrincat

The Great One

Default Acquiring DeBrincat

Context! This is a very sog and goal heavy league- g4,a3 and sog 1- so they add up!

I have recently decided not to move Necas at all. My logic is that you see guys that we thought were just very good becoming elite at an all time high this year. That also applies to riding the coattails of a guy who explodes like with Hintz. I think at 22 and drafted 12 oa that could be Necas or maybe its Svechnikov and he could be inflated by that. The fact is his age, deployment and team situation are all very encouraging so I want to see his production level out before I decide what to do with him.

That being said DeBrincat is likely a stud in our format. It seems less about can he figure it out and more about when.

Would you explore a 1 for 1 deal? What if I could add boeser for my bertuzzi?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Acquiring DeBrincat

Are you asking about Necas for Debrincat one for one trade? If you can acquire Debrincat in your format, I think that's a good move. But I'd personally try do it without having to give up Necas , if possible! Necas has over 50% of his shot total from last year in 26 games (275 shot pace if I've calculated correctly). That's a pretty great pace and he is set up on that left half wall on the powerplay (stamkos/ovechkin spot) and seems to get a lot of one timers from there. He only has 3 less shots than Debrincat, atm.

Anyways I think they are both great owns in your league. Debrincat's shooting percentage is really low so he should even out soon, but he also doesn't have Kaner anymore feeding him absolute gifts.

All in all though, I don't mind Necas for Debrincat, I just would want both if I'm rebuilding. So, I'd try find a way to get him without giving up Necas.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You should absolutely go after the cat in this format. How ever if I were the other gm I wouldn’t accept Bertuzzi and boeser. Try with that offer though and see what the gm says.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post
    Are you asking about Necas for Debrincat one for one trade? If you can acquire Debrincat in your format, I think that's a good move. But I'd personally try do it without having to give up Necas , if possible! Necas has over 50% of his shot total from last year in 26 games (275 shot pace if I've calculated correctly). That's a pretty great pace and he is set up on that left half wall on the powerplay (stamkos/ovechkin spot) and seems to get a lot of one timers from there. He only has 3 less shots than Debrincat, atm.

Anyways I think they are both great owns in your league. Debrincat's shooting percentage is really low so he should even out soon, but he also doesn't have Kaner anymore feeding him absolute gifts.

All in all though, I don't mind Necas for Debrincat, I just would want both if I'm rebuilding. So, I'd try find a way to get him without giving up Necas.
    I don't want to move necas either lil! I think that's the only way it gets done though. Think kuzmenko gets it done? They live in van and they drafted both joeser and higlander...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I don't want to move necas either lil! I think that's the only way it gets done though. Think kuzmenko gets it done? They live in van and they drafted both joeser and higlander...
    Hmm, good question! I'd give it a shot with Kuzmenko first, but I'd assume you'd have to add a bit?

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

The Great One

I've noticed this gm almost exclusively makes deal where hes getting the bpa. I could try to add hut this may be a bridge too far...