Thread: Looking for help to buy at low?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Looking for help to buy at low?

Looking to go after a player with my 1st rd pick!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Looking for help to buy at low?

Welcome to the forums.

Not much information to go on there. You need to offer some details as to options. I usually like to share this tidbit to all new members to get the best possible replies to your questions.

1. League type (Dynasty vs. Limited Keeper vs. One -year, Roto vs. H2H vs. Points only) Note: A points league that gives point values to categories does not equal points only.
    2. Salary or non-salary (also follow NHL salary cap hit or another type of salary setting)
    3. Scoring categories
    4. Full team Roster - Gives perspective when discussing trades
    5. Forward position differentiation (i.e. C/LW/RW, or simply F) - Important when discussing trades.
    6. Daily starts vs. Weekly starts
    7. How many players at each position iced per night. (i.e. 2G - That is a big one that makes a huge difference when discussing advice). Minimum goalie starts (i.e. 1 per week, 2 per week)
    8. Number of teams in the league - Important when talking goalies. There are 30 teams in the NHL meaning 30 starters in the NHL. If you're in a league with 16 teams that ices 2G per night..etc.
    9. League Provider -Don't assume that everybody uses the same league provider as you as some providers have different position eligibility among other things.

For your question, is this a prospect draft or a redraft situation?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

12 team, points only

18 man roster (no position)
    Keep 5 at end of season

Scheifle, Dubois, Hyman, JGaudreau, lee, MStone, Oshie, Barkov, RThomas, Kyrou, lehkonen, Norris, Morrisey, OPower, Petry, Dobson

Vasilevskiy, Vanecek

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doodoo33 View Post
    12 team, points only

18 man roster (no position)
    Keep 5 at end of season

Scheifle, Dubois, Hyman, JGaudreau, lee, MStone, Oshie, Barkov, RThomas, Kyrou, lehkonen, Norris, Morrisey, OPower, Petry, Dobson

Vasilevskiy, Vanecek
    Thank you for that.

Now can you help explain your question posed. When you say "Looking to go after a player with my 1st rd pick!!", what does that mean, especially when your title is "looking for help to buy at low"? Is this for a prospect draft? Is this for the redraft in your league seeing as you only keep 5 players.

Help us help you by offering as many details about this as you can. Lots of smart hockey people willing to help, but we can't guess at your situation.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yeah it’s a redraft

Looking to use my first pick for next year to go after a player to help my team

Dobber Sports Deity

Gotcha.

Well, I'll be honest with you, without knowing who's available for redrafting, it's hard to give much advice. Are prospects available in this draft? If so, I'd probably consider drafting Connor Bedard over most available in the redraft anyway.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Grab Bedard if you can. After that it's just preference or positional need in a Keep 5. From your posts it looks like you're looking to trade your 2023 1st round pick now to upgrade your team in the present. If you're competing and going all-in this year, then Huberdeau could be a buy-low target.

I'm assuming you'll be keeping Gaudreau, Barkov, Thomas, Dobson, and Vasilevskiy. There will be a lot of players available in the first round, too many to really go over so your 1st is really valuable.

Considering that you'd have to drop one of those guys to fit in your new keeper, it would have to be a heck of a player to make that worth it. Frankly, I wouldn't move your 1st in any deal as the cost of losing one of your current 5 keepers plus your 1st round next year would outweigh any benefits in acquiring most players in this format.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think the OP wants to deal away his 1st round pick next year for immediate help. If that's true, post to your league forum, and see who offers you what in return.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.