Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: U20 World Junior Championship 2023

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: U20 World Junior Championship 2023

First off, great game, again. This really could have gone either way. The Czech's didn't seem to control a lot of the game but were very opportunistic and waited for their chances and mistakes by the Canadian defenders. Both goals they scored in the 3rd were off poor clearing attempts from Clarke and Zellweger. Shocker.

Milic was steady. He wasn't as busy or as good as the night before vs the US but he stopped the ones he was supposed to. Both goals he gave up were tough breaks in front of him and he just missed getting a toe on both that got by him. Neither could be blamed on him.

Once again, Canada faced a goalie who stood on his head. There seemed to be a lot of that versus Canada in this tourney. Suchanek was stellar. I knew in the 2nd period, when he got bowled over that he wasn't coming out of that game. He was screaming like he was in serious pain but he was fine. I said that to my wife. He's looking for a call here, he's not really hurt and won't be coming out. I was right. Canada deserved a goalie interference penalty on that play too but the refs didn't seem to want to call too much last night.

Nice to see Wright get a dandy of a goal on his bday last night too. He played a solid game again. He might not have always showed up on the score sheet, and didnt get all the glory like Bedard, but I really like his game. I dont see him as a high end scorer in the NHL, but he will be an excellent 2-way guy for Seattle for years and will get his points. He should settle in as a quality 2C in the NHL for years. I hope he proves me wrong and betters that expectation, but that's what I see.

Czech's did a good job shutting down the Bedard line, although they got a few good looks but couldn't beat Suchanek. Speaking of that line, I think Stankoven is going to be a dandy of a player in the NHL for years. He's small but he's gutsy. Reminds me a lot of Brayden Point.

With the end of this tourney, such ends the Christmas season for me. I am back to work on Monday. Boo!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Who are some players from this tournament who have a chance to become absolute stars in the NHzL??
    Not named Bedard or Cooley ofcourse!!
    Luke Hughes, leo Carlsson for two
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    First off, great game, again. This really could have gone either way. The Czech's didn't seem to control a lot of the game but were very opportunistic and waited for their chances and mistakes by the Canadian defenders. Both goals they scored in the 3rd were off poor clearing attempts from Clarke and Zellweger. Shocker.

Milic was steady. He wasn't as busy or as good as the night before vs the US but he stopped the ones he was supposed to. Both goals he gave up were tough breaks in front of him and he just missed getting a toe on both that got by him. Neither could be blamed on him.

Once again, Canada faced a goalie who stood on his head. There seemed to be a lot of that versus Canada in this tourney. Suchanek was stellar. I knew in the 2nd period, when he got bowled over that he wasn't coming out of that game. He was screaming like he was in serious pain but he was fine. I said that to my wife. He's looking for a call here, he's not really hurt and won't be coming out. I was right. Canada deserved a goalie interference penalty on that play too but the refs didn't seem to want to call too much last night.

Nice to see Wright get a dandy of a goal on his bday last night too. He played a solid game again. He might not have always showed up on the score sheet, and didnt get all the glory like Bedard, but I really like his game. I dont see him as a high end scorer in the NHL, but he will be an excellent 2-way guy for Seattle for years and will get his points. He should settle in as a quality 2C in the NHL for years. I hope he proves me wrong and betters that expectation, but that's what I see.

Czech's did a good job shutting down the Bedard line, although they got a few good looks but couldn't beat Suchanek. Speaking of that line, I think Stankoven is going to be a dandy of a player in the NHL for years. He's small but he's gutsy. Reminds me a lot of Brayden Point.

With the end of this tourney, such ends the Christmas season for me. I am back to work on Monday. Boo!
    I loled when the Crowd started singing happy Birthday.

He was doing stretches outside my office earlier in the day. Seems like a nice enough kid
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G