Thread: Almost time to pull the cord.......

Dobber Sports Star

Default Almost time to pull the cord.......

...on Elias Lindholm???? To see he's been my most disappointing draft pick (1st rounder) is an understatement. I've drafted him the past 2 seasons and have reaped the rewards. Not sure how much longer I want to wait for the "turn around". Especially when there are centers lighting it up like Beniers and Cozens sitting out there for the plucking.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Almost time to pull the cord.......

I think I would still hold on here.

Dobber Sports Ace

Calgary as a team is underperforming imo, hopefully they get things straightened out soon. I own him in a one year but I think I'm waiting until after christmas to make a decision
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lindholm has only surpassed PPG once in his career and that was last year and that first line for the Flames had one hell of a year. This year, Lindholm has none of those previous linemates and I'm not certain that once they figure things out Huberdeau, Toffoli and Lindholm are likely to be one of the best first lines in the NHL like that line was last year with Tkachuk and Johnny Hockey skating with Lindholm. I think we need to temper expectations here. However, I don't think 17 pts in 23 games so far is that far off what we can expect ROS from Lindholm. I don't think PPG this year is likely, but it could be close if that line finally gels. The thing is, we have a lengthy track record with Lindholm whereas we don't for Cozens and Beniers. Both are off to great starts for sure, a bit better than Lindholm, but is that sustainable or will they cool off. The uncertainty is enough to make me lean toward sticking with Lindholm. While one or both of Cozens or Beniers could go PPG this season, I think that's not likely a high percentage bet.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

You have a player in Nicholas Paul who is putting up just about the same exact goals and assists as Elias Lindholm and Lindholm in the past has out performed him by leaps and bounds. Either you believe Paul will perform at a level that is going to be much better than Lindholm for the ROS that will constitute your ability to drop Lindholm or you need to hold onto Lindholm. Elias Lindholm is also playing close to 20 minutes per game which Matty Beniers is playing 17 right now. Sure Beniers is doing great, but for the ROS, I don't think it will add up to Lindholm's numbers. I will hold onto him. I however would drop Paul for Beniers.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by On A Heater View Post
    You have a player in Nicholas Paul who is putting up just about the same exact goals and assists as Elias Lindholm and Lindholm in the past has out performed him by leaps and bounds. Either you believe Paul will perform at a level that is going to be much better than Lindholm for the ROS that will constitute your ability to drop Lindholm or you need to hold onto Lindholm. Elias Lindholm is also playing close to 20 minutes per game which Matty Beniers is playing 17 right now. Sure Beniers is doing great, but for the ROS, I don't think it will add up to Lindholm's numbers. I will hold onto him. I however would drop Paul for Beniers.
    While I agree, this is more the fact that Paul is also slated as LW in Yahoo, with 4 Center only forwards and only 2 slots, I'm leary that I'll be benching a C on more nights than I would wish. All good food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    Calgary as a team is underperforming imo, hopefully they get things straightened out soon. I own him in a one year but I think I'm waiting until after christmas to make a decision
    I think it's fair to hold off until the new year before making a decision on Lindholm. My offense has been clicking the past few weeks so this isn't make or break either way.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Administrator

He scored last game and he's a short hot streak away from being in the point/game ballpark

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    While I agree, this is more the fact that Paul is also slated as LW in Yahoo, with 4 Center only forwards and only 2 slots, I'm leary that I'll be benching a C on more nights than I would wish. All good food for thought.

I think it's fair to hold off until the new year before making a decision on Lindholm. My offense has been clicking the past few weeks so this isn't make or break either way.
    Than I suppose it comes down to if you think Beniers is going to reach the 70 to 80 point mark by the end of the season. Right now Beniers has 21 points while Lindholm has 17. Not really much of a difference. With the 4 keepers you have listed Beniers isn't going to be a Keeper so that is not a factor. If you think Beniers can equal or pass the totals that Lindholm can put up the ROS than make the change, if not than hold onto him. First, I would try to trade him instead of dropping him.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL