Thread: Running with a real life D pairing?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Running with a real life D pairing?

Anyone ever tried this? It’s the first time I’m trying it and it’s either going to go well or blow up in my face.

Team 1 in Sig. My team is struggling this year with a 2-5 record. But that doesn’t tell the whole story as I’m still 6th in overall fantasy points, but tough luck has me in 1st in overall fantasy points scored against me - every opponent seems to have a great week against me which I’m hoping will balance out eventually.

Anyway, my D has been struggling for consistency, and I was looking for someone that can provide steady plus/minus even if they aren’t putting up points…so I grabbed Siegenthaler.

But I already have Hamilton who is his real life D partner. So now I’m currently running with both of them, with both potentially starting in my top 4 until Trouba shows signs of life.

Smart or dumb? The top waiver D options are:
    L. Schenn
    Pelech
    Larsson
    Mayfield
    Hakanpaa
    Manson
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Running with a real life D pairing?

Siegenthaler is a ridiculous +22 in the last 30 days. I'd take the gamble for now over what's left on the waivers and maybe look for a trade if need be. Hopefully, your luck evens out the rest of the way!

The Great One

Yea u hink the trick is targeting guys like that who are successful if they happen to play together irl thats a nice plot twist but I wouldn't force it..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It is obvious the Dougie Hamilton is the offensive side of that defense pairing with Siegenthaler. Jonas Siegenthaler will do more on the defense side like block shots than provide offense.