Thread: Holtz, Rossi, Guenther - Chances of stardom?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Holtz, Rossi, Guenther - Chances of stardom?

I have Swayman occupying a spot in my IR... I'd like to get him out, but it would mean either dropping one of these 3 or David Perron (Most likely not play - insurance in case of injury) I received Perron in a trade this year and he has no long-term spot after this year in my lineup.

I still haven't decided what I'm going to do, but I thought I'd get some opinions on these 3 long term. I was in a similar situation last year and dropped Perfetti, Sillinger and Jarvis at various points in the season. We have limited development spots in our full keeper league so I would be willing to hold on to 2 of these beyond this year with the hope that one takes off.

I was high on Rossi coming into the season, as everyone was. I liked Holtz's opportunity and shot in Jersey on paper. Guenther is a treat to watch. I'm scared that if I drop him, he has a crazy world junior tournament, and someone grabs him. I don't think many in my league have heard of him.

I'm winning currently and am not in a rush to make a decision. I appreciate your insight.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Holtz, Rossi, Guenther - Chances of stardom?

If you can freely pick up a guy remotely like Perron later, he's the drop. Honestly, you could porably deal one of those 3 prospects to a rebuilding team for a in case of injury guy that's better than Perron.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

If you're currently winning your league, you could drop Perron and hang onto all 3 prospects. This gives you time to make a call on one of them if you have to, because you've bought yourself time with your early lead. This also gives you time to see what the trade value is for all 3 and try to move them with another player to get a better roster player. Perron is likely replaceable if you need to later in the season. All 3 should have better trade value than Perron.
    12 Team H2H Full Keeper Weekly Roto: G, A, PPPTS, SOG, HIT, BLK, TOI, W, SVS, GAA, SV%
    Play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2Sk, 2G Daily

F: Miller, Pettersson, Zegras, Bratt, Fiala, Kaprizov, Rust, Tippett, Bertuzzi, Crouse, Dubois, Batherson, Norris, Guenther*
    D: Makar, Hamilton, Chychrun, Jones, Ekblad, Romanov, Morrissey, Faulk
    G: Jarry, Kuemper, Jones, Swayman

Prospects: Wyatt Johnston*, Clarke, Pelletier, Tomasino, Nazar, Lysell, Annunen, Stankoven, Brink, Othmann
    Long Term IR: Perunovich
    *I rotate these prospects through 1 open roster spots to squeeze out more starts

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ste.anne View Post
    If you're currently winning your league, you could drop Perron and hang onto all 3 prospects. This gives you time to make a call on one of them if you have to, because you've bought yourself time with your early lead. This also gives you time to see what the trade value is for all 3 and try to move them with another player to get a better roster player. Perron is likely replaceable if you need to later in the season. All 3 should have better trade value than Perron.
    agree with this

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would as the others have said, keep all 3 of the prospects and drop Perron. You(The OP) have said that he will not make your active roster unless an injury occurs. The 3 prospects you have mentioned have way more value than Perron and I guarantee you if you drop any of them they would be picked up right away in a Dynasty league and Perron would definitely not. So drop Perron anhang onto the 3 prospects.