Thread: Huberdeau, what to expect?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Huberdeau, what to expect?

Hi all,

I have drafted Huberdeau with the first pick of the second round this year. No need to say that I am disappointed!

so what should we expect from now on?

I understand this is a bad time to sell him, but his name might still have sone value to a GM. I hope he is the next Kessel after he was trade to Pittsburgh. A bad year followed by very productives seasons.

So I keep him while his value is low and try to sell him when (if ever) it goes up?

I am not competing and holding onto him at 29 years old is not trivial.

Thanks

thanks
    10 team, points only, no cap, Bonus : PPG, SHG, HT, Shoot Out
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Huberdeau, what to expect?

Unless you find someone who is willing to pay May 2022 prices, then you have to hold. We've seen this plenty of times before, new team, trying to fit in. It is possible that Calgary doesn't have the puzzle pieces to fully take advantage of his ability. But selling low now, when there's a very real possibility of him going up is an inadvisable plan.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pretty sure he will be a pts per game player by the end of season. He is a superstar, will find his way.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Stud

I gotta say he looks lost in Sutter' system, the whole team has in fact. The dump and chase is obviously not his thing.
    But you got to remain patient here, the value is at the bottom of the barrel and there will be a correction.
    Just don't expect a 100 points pace going forward.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Monster

You have to be careful if you want to move him. Nothing wrong with throwing his name out there, but don't take a deal if you wouldn't take it if he had just scored 10 points in his last 5 games. You must have a very clear idea of his actual worth and not get too down on this start. Shop him if you want but stick to your guns. Ask yourself what you would ask for him if he was currently 5th place in the league or so in scoring. That's the asking price, and I wouldn't budge much.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sophomore

[QUOTE=pmorrow;2218899]You have to be careful if you want to move him. Nothing wrong with throwing his name out there, but don't take a deal if you wouldn't take it if he had just scored 10 points in his last 5 games. You must have a very clear idea of his actual worth and not get too down on this start. Shop him if you want but stick to your guns. Ask yourself what you would ask for him if he was currently 5th place in the league or so in scoring. That's the asking price, and I wouldn't budge much

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Here's reality...Calgary gave up the farm for him. His $10 million salary kicks in next year. He now becomes a coach killer. Sutter and Huberdeau together need to figure this out or GM/Coach jobs are at risk. Call me crazy but Sutter may want to start putting on 1st line vs 3rd line. Remember he scored 118 points last year and was an MVP candidate. This can't go on for much longer...UNLESS there is a nagging injury issue. Wouldn't it be nice if we could find out more about that

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hubie's value will rebound, you just need to wait. He's 21 games into a new season, new team and new coaching system. He is SH% is 8.8 well below career avg of 12.5%. Also only shooting 1.9 sog per game; career avg 2.3.
    The 2 other kickers is his minutes and playing on the 3rd line.
    I think you see him playing more like we are use to come Christmas
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

The Great One

Ugh I feel for you!! This happened in my first year of rebuild - I felt all this pressure to trade Gaudreau and he was stinking out the joint lol!

I did not do well there. I got Tippett and holtz and have had to drop tippett since - ugh. I'd shop him- that can't hurt- but trust your gut- if you're not getting fair value don't get sucked into talks.

Remember what Friedman always said- when a gm is looking for a life raft thats when other teams start throwing out anchors!

Dobber Sports Titan

His last 10games he's avg 17:47TOI (22.7shifts/game), 2SOG/game, 9.1s%.

His 2022-23 season he's avg 17:09 (22.5shifts/game), 1.89sog/game, 8.8s%, 2.89shot attempts/game, 104.9PDO, 18gp, 5PPP, 10pts (50%ppps)

Last yr over 80games he avg 19:25TOI (23shifts/game), 2.78SOG/game, 13.5s%, 4.3Shot attempts/game, 103.9PDO, 80gp, 38PPP, 115pts (33%ppps)

It's a systems change and the coach and him are adjusting to each other. The Powerplay for Calgary is not doing well (19.70%), especially compared to Florida last yr (~23%). He's getting shorter shifts (45.7s/shift vs 50.6s/shift), he's shooting less (2.89 vs 4.3) and getting less shots on target (1.89 vs 2.78). It's an adjustment from being a top offensive dog in an offense friendly Florida to a "prove to me you're good" with Sutter.

The team itself is performing below what they should be (98.3PDO), but I don't know if Huberdeau turns his offensive season around as quickly as people would hope though. I think he could finish around 65pts (55pts in final 61games).

As for what to do with him, you're too invested in him at this point. I don't know if you could get actual value in him vs what you paid where it makes sense to jump ship. Sutter got extended in October to a 2yr deal (expires after 2024-25 season) so I don't know if he's in the hot seat. I think you hold and hope for a 10pts in 8game stretch to boost his value. Then see what his trade value is.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I traded Eichel for Huberdeau last summer because I'm a contender and I thought Huberdeau was more sure than Eichel. What a mistake! I'm very disapointed but Huberdeau is far better of what he is showing right now. I think you should just be patient. He will produce but I don't think we will see again 100 points seasons from him. 80-90 points per season if old school defensive coach Sutter is fired...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks all!

When I drafted him I have draft a 90-95pts player, not the 115pts player he was last year. As of now, I just hope a 80pts to limit the lost.

if he falls to 65pts than that’s a mess!
    10 team, points only, no cap, Bonus : PPG, SHG, HT, Shoot Out
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post
    Thanks all!

When I drafted him I have draft a 90-95pts player, not the 115pts player he was last year. As of now, I just hope a 80pts to limit the lost.

if he falls to 65pts than that’s a mess!
    If he finishes with 65pts, that's still a strong final 60 games (55pts/60games). You might be begging for that in a week lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll