Thread: Unfair? Somebody dropped Brodeur

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Unfair? Somebody dropped Brodeur

Okay, I\'ll give you a little background on our league. We have full rosters (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G) and 20 managers along with a bunch of bench slots and 3 I.R. slots.

Yesterday the Brodeur owner just dropped him even though we have 3 I.R. slots and he is not utilizing them.

I have 14th waiver selection so I will not get him. But still I think that this is very unfair and taints the league.
    I\'ve complained to the commissioner but he doesn\'t seem like he is going to reverse the transaction or anything.

So I guess what I\'m looking for are some good arguments I can say as to why this is so unfair.
    Synthetic Warriors:
    C: Oshie, Weiss, Peverly, Duchene, B. Schenn
    LW: A. Kosti.tsyn, Benn, Marleau, Prospal, J. Jokinen
    RW: Kane, Stafford, Gionta, Antropov, Recchi
    D: Markov, Whitney, Goligoski, Visnovsky, Phaneuf, Timonen, Wideman
    G: Luongo, Rinne, Neimi

19 man pts league. Starts 4C,4RW,4LW,6D,1G

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Is it possible that there is collusion involved between the guy that dropped Brodeur and whoever has the 1st waiver priority?

Also, maybe the owner that dropped him doesn\'t know how to use IR slots.

If you can prove either of those things to the commish, maybe you can get him to fix things.
    12-Team Keeper League, 25-man roster; 35-man minor league roster
    Categories: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I don\'t think there would be any collusion between the guy with no. 1 waiver priority.

I\'m trying to prove that the owner did not know how to use the I.R. slots since he dropped Stephan Weiss the same day.
    Synthetic Warriors:

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Assuming the conditions that ska5fe mentions don\'t exist then there is nothing unfair about it - that\'s what waiver priority is all about.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

But in a 20 man keeper league?
    I think it would be fine if it was a seasonal league.
    Synthetic Warriors:

Its not unfair. Maybe it sucks that you\'ve got the 14th shot at him and won\'t get him, but you see strange actions all the time from GMs.

I just hope that if you\'ve used the ww already that you got somebody of value at that time. The ww can be good or bad and sometimes its very hard to pull the trigger while you wait for a stud to show up.

If you\'re 14th on the waiver wire, that likely means that you picked 6th in the league and had a shot at some very good players. The guy that is #1 on the waiver wire is there because he picked 20th and had zero chance to land an Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Heatley, Brodeur or any of a lot of other great picks.

Additionally, this guy won\'t be able to use Brodeur until the end of Feb later, so its not like suddenly his goaltending is going to let him run away with the league title.

I understand your frustration, but that\'s just fantasy hockey. I guess all you can really do is let the other GM know why he should\'ve used the IR so that this doesn\'t happen again.

The Magnificent One

i hear your frustration. that totaly ruins the league basis.

what i would do is find out how much this manager knows about hockey/keeper leagues. maybe he is new to them and doesnt realize what he did. maybe you can explain it to him and then post a message in your league and get a vote. this could undo the move.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Synthetic Warriors wrote:
    But in a 20 man keeper league?
    I think it would be fine if it was a seasonal league.
    Well if the guy is conscious of using the league tools and made this decision then all you can do is chalk it up to a bad move and the bottom line is you shouldn\'t be trying to manage someone else\'s team for them as far as I am concerned.

Afraid I don\'t buy the \"it\'s bad for the league\" argument. It might be bad for a few managers but so goes the fantasy hockey wars.

Dobber Sports All-Star

What it sounds like to me is that you just have a really dumb GM, who can\'t be bothered to pay attention to the rules that govern your league. If so, then you have that going to your advantadge when trying to make a deal with him.

Regardless of whether you think this is unfair, or bad for the league ask yourself this; If you had 1st waiver priority, would this post even have made it up? Or would you be smiling gleefully with Martin Broduer sitting on your IR?
    on fantasy hockey hiatus!!!

Dobber Sports Master

hockeyislife wrote:
    If you had 1st waiver priority, would this post even have made it up? Or would you be smiling gleefully with Martin Broduer sitting on your IR?
    Bingo Bango Bongo
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Banned

If you had 1st waiver priority, would this post even have made it up? Or would you be smiling gleefully with Martin Broduer sitting on your IR?
    exactly, it sucks but not much you can do about it...I personally don\'t play in leagues with managers that do shit like that because it does screw the league up. Every no and again you get one of them and the best you can do is kick em out at the end of the season or get out of the league yourself

Dobber Sports Ace

in yahoo it already said that 895 people have drop brodeur so many don\'t know how ir work or are in 1 year league
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I suspect that there are a lot of smaller leagues on Yahoo where only a few friends are competing. This exaggerates the player dropped numbers since the the FA market would be stacked.

I figure that\'s also why players like Semin don\'t show as 100% owned (crazy)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    exactly, it sucks but not much you can do about it...I personally don\'t play in leagues with managers that do shit like that because it does screw the league up. Every no and again you get one of them and the best you can do is kick em out at the end of the season or get out of the league yourself
    Yeah, the league just started up this year. But some of the managers are so bad I don\'t think I\'ll return. A bunch are just bad managers (make bad moves, don\'t follow it, etc).

For example there was a trade in our league Marian Hossa and Mike Grier for Vrbata and Brodziak.

So when stuff like that is happening so frequently it makes me want to just leave. If this league didn\'t count against my yahoo winning % I would probably do a wholesale trade and get out of the league.
    Synthetic Warriors: