Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Necas for Rossi and ehlers

The Great One

Default Necas for Rossi and ehlers

So a couple things I think I need to add to begin with and on top of that not too long ago he said he viewed necas as a 0.85 ppg player. Not sure if that was haggling or his actual view. I sent a longer email explaining why I think he's arrived so to speak.

So questions-

Would you consider this angle- again i know i need another piece going back but is this an angle worth pursuing?

What piece would you add? Hes got a stacked roster so its very difficult to add a roster player who would make the grade. Probably have to be bertuzzi if anyo w and im actually pretty high on bert- not much of a buy low of i include him. I'd do bunting but he's already said he's not a bunting fan. Lastly im rebuilding so moving any pick is problematic but I've already moved ny 3rd in a 3 round draft so the only asset I have outside of my prospects I could consider is my 2nd but as a lottery pick in an 18 team league im looking at 19-22 type pick in a loaded draft. Obviously I'd prefer to keep that if I can
    I traded my 2nd and 3rd last year so it'd be an odd way to rebuild if I kept panning off my picks lol!

There is a third option.. sort of. Theres a guy whose expressed interest in bunting. Im having a tough time cause I want his first as hes a top team so it will already be in th 14-18 range. That being said I might be able to get krebs OR a second for bunting. I would not be adverse to adding either piece into this to acquire Rossi and ehlers

Thoughts?

The Great One

Default Re: Necas for Rossi and ehlers

No. Ehlers is facing significant surgery and Rossi is unproven. I would not do this.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think I agree with tweetdrivr here. Just a bit too much risk coming back for Necas. If you did feel tempted to make the trade, i personally wouldn't add much if at all to Necas, as you're taking much more risk here.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

The Great One

The other owner is saying necas is an 0.85 ppg asset thats overachieving. Whats weird is hes offered to do me a favor and throw some interesting assets my way for him while he's "still hot" though lol! He countered that if I included my 1st instead of krebs I'd have to at least consider it. I'm dead last by a fair margin. We have a lottery so o can get as low as 4th but it is weighted the further you place. My thinking is that Leo karlsson might not be as good as the top 3 but they're saying even he would have likely went first the last couple drafts. NOT moving my 1st...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am not quite sold on Rossi and Ehlers might not be the same when he returns for his surgery. I would not make this trade.

Dobber Sports Novice

I don't know much about Necas other than he is young and is definitely having a breakout season. He is already more than halfway to his total point mark in any season before. Rossi is going to be a bluechip player, but how many years is that away? Ehlers is in the midst of a serious injury and we all don't know what impact that will have on him. Necas is who you should have on your roster.

The Great One

Thanks guys- ill report back if talks pick up at all but he's not shown real interest outside of an offer around tolvanen or berggren and once again these comments have put things in perspective for me.

I think of necas as a guy like Troy terry. Last year I wouldn't have paid any real amount for him and this year I understand he's a core asset/buying block.

I kind of thought that ehlera and Rossi was enough to consider moving a guy like that if we valued him as such but your not wrong am injured 26 year old and a slumping prospect might not be the best target. When talks open and that offer is laughed at its at least indicative that were probably too far apart by any stretch lol!

Cheers all!

Dobber Sports Icon

If you are not competing this season, than Ehlers and Rossi is the winning side. They could both potentially outpoint Necas next season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Easily the rossi and ehlers side, unless you are in it to win it this year

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    If you are not competing this season, than Ehlers and Rossi is the winning side. They could both potentially outpoint Necas next season.
    agree with this
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This is more likely to be right than not. The thing with Necas is that he's not the straw that stirs the drink, while he is good, he's pulled to some extent by Svechnikov. Necas will probably out produce Ehlers for the remainders of their careers, but Rossi hitting even the midpoint of reasonable expectations probably tips it over.

The Great One

I actually like ehlers to break out a bit more as he does struggle to get deployment but having owned ek65 in my other league and Seguin in this one im not nearly as some people are with season ending injuries. Could take years to bounce back- some never do.

The bigger issue is the other owners in a different area code value wise. He sees necas as a60 point asset and I don't think that'll change until next season when all the projections for him have changed. I even offered to add a secondary asset to the necas side like krebs and hes said iys a non starter. Oh well..

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post

The bigger issue is the other owners in a different area code value wise. He sees necas as a60 point asset and I don't think that'll change until next season when all the projections for him have changed. I even offered to add a secondary asset to the necas side like krebs and hes said iys a non starter. Oh well..
    I think you'll be happy in the long run that the owner under-valued Necas. Necas looks like a different player this year compared to last. And he fits in great with the Cane's top 6 and will have quality linemates. Ehlers and Rossi are much bigger question marks IMO.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Yea me too. I don't think necas is in that better than a ppg tier but I suggested that once he puts up a pog season its only logical that we change both our expectations and our limitations on a player. Like the recent discussion about Hints being 100 point player. A couple years ago that would be the height of ridiculousness but now that he's estrled in where he has its only logical that we wonder if he can produce even more.

At the end of the day I think Necas is a core piece now. Whatever he did this off season it worked and hes developed into a core player. I think if for some reason he was shuffled to the 2nd line he'd a) elevate the players around him and b) retain first unit pp deployment. I've heard people say he's a supporting cast character but thats where I veer off- I think he's a former 12oa who has grown into a core component.

I think Ehlers CAN get there even though he took longer. I think Rossi CAN get there despite recent setbacks but neither are there yet and other owners tend to downplay the criticality of that distinction. I'm guilty of it with my players too sometimes lol but if were calling a spade a spade this trade is a core player for two guys we really hope can become ones. I think I'd make it cause I'm a gambler but im ok not making it as well. I'm definitely Italy ot gonna shovel a shit ton more assets at him to get it done lol!

Dobber Sports Icon

I hope everyone realizes that Ehlers is only out 6-8 weeks…

https://twitter.com/illegalcurve/sta...IoPppXu3P2YjVA
    Never in a million years would I do this trade if I were Rossi/Ehlers owner.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper