Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kochetkov potential?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Kochetkov potential?

Just thinking Andersen and Raanta are both UFA next year, are always injured and spit balling if Kochetkov might have an outside chance at stealing some games.

Grabbed kochetkov for the week since Andersen is on IR and Raanta flubbed his last start, but what is the outlook on this kid in a year or two?
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

The Great One

Default Re: Kochetkov potential?

He’s at #19 on Dobber’s top 50 prospect goal tenders. So not bad. Not great but not bad. He’s 23 and not a top prospect so probably 2 years away from really making an impact.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    He’s at #19 on Dobber’s top 50 prospect goal tenders. So not bad. Not great but not bad. He’s 23 and not a top prospect so probably 2 years away from really making an impact.
    In the 2022 prospects guide I see him at 8 (Dobber) and 3 (Hall).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    In the 2022 prospects guide I see him at 8 (Dobber) and 3 (Hall).
    Ok. The top 50 list was updated recently. I’m not sure what you’re saying…so he’s really good?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The situation for him is great. Is he ready for it, I am not sure. Freddy Andersen and Raanta will have injuries throughout the season and he will get his minutes. It is up to him if he steps up or not.

Dobber Sports Guru

One thing to keep in mind is that Carolina is not worried to go to free agency for cheap goalies. A few years ago, we thought Alex Nedeljkovic would be their number one guy after he was nominated for the Calder and Reimer and Mrazek were going to be UFAs. Instead, the Canes signed Andersen and Raanta, and traded Ned to Detroit.

If the Hurricanes believe they are contenders, they may look to do the same for the next few years.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Ok. The top 50 list was updated recently. I’m not sure what you’re saying…so he’s really good?
    Honestly I have no idea, I'm just relaying where he was ranked in the latest guide - acc to Hall only Askarov and Tarasov are ahead of him, but Dobber is not as high.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Star

Kochetkov is good, not at the pedigree level of Sorokin, Wallstedt, Shestyorkin, Askarov, but good. He had stellar years in the KHL before coming over. I can't recall the specifics of that Dobber article from several months ago, but for good, not great, goalie prospects, the target year for usefulness begins around age 25. Kochetkov is age 23. We'd expect some bumps for the next couple of years but I think that barring a long-term FA signing of another goalie this summer by Carolina, you're looking at Kochetkov being the backup for the next two years or so and then a 1 or a 1A in 2-3 years.

The Great One

Sounds familiar.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Kochetkov is good, not at the pedigree level of Sorokin, Wallstedt, Shestyorkin, Askarov, but good. He had stellar years in the KHL before coming over. I can't recall the specifics of that Dobber article from several months ago, but for good, not great, goalie prospects, the target year for usefulness begins around age 25. Kochetkov is age 23. We'd expect some bumps for the next couple of years but I think that barring a long-term FA signing of another goalie this summer by Carolina, you're looking at Kochetkov being the backup for the next two years or so and then a 1 or a 1A in 2-3 years.
    he's getting the start tonight so ill be watching. This kid is very watchable lol. He is hot headed, chirps in Russian and his style seems to be a fan of Hasek.
    https://streamable.com/2dozf1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5T9ZT_hnM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPUtQSnvipE
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's got potential. Given the injury prone guys in front of him, he could get a significant number of games, and in spurts when both are hurt this year.

I'd figure him as a likely backup.tandem guy next year, if they bring one of the vets back, or a different veteran in.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

He's been tabbed the future starter for this team for a couple years now, but then again, so was Nedeljkovic and he got traded so who knows how this plays out for Kochetkov. I think a lot of his early success has to do with the team playing in front of him. He's fortunate the play in a very good defensive system. I am not saying he's not a good goalie, I think we all know that, but I am saying playing in Carolina helps his stock immensely. I think it's a good chance he's a full time NHL player next year but I am not going to tab him the starter next year. Much like Skinner in Edmonton, he will come in as the 1B and will get his starts but how many will depend on how he plays. He's young and still growing and learning.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

There just might be a decision to make once Andersen returns. Andersen will definitely go back as the starter, but will Kochetkov become the #2 over Raanta?

The Great One

Kotchketkov is waivers exempt - so no.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish On Ice View Post
    There just might be a decision to make once Andersen returns. Andersen will definitely go back as the starter, but will Kochetkov become the #2 over Raanta?
    Highly unlikely. They aren't going to pay Raanta an NHL salary to play in the AHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."