Thread: Daniel Sprong

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Daniel Sprong

As a fan of his in QMJHL I find myself still intrigued with him as a fantasy asset in the NHL. We are in a salray cap league so his $750,000 is attractive. Is there hope for this guy at the NHL level? 3 points the other night in Seattle!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Daniel Sprong

I’m asking myself that same question. Problem is that he’s playing less then 10:00 minutes a game on a bottom 6 role. He is seeing some pp minutes but I don’t know how long his point/per game production can hold up.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Unless you are in some really deep league, I wouldn't add him. His production will fade if he continues to play in the bottom 6 and under 10:00 per game.
    League: 14 team H2H 12 category scoring: G/A/P/PPP/SHP/SOG/BLK~ W/L(Least)/GA(Least)/SV/SHO
    Bratt Pack: Team & Record: 43-43-10 (23 player roster with 6 IR positions and 2 NA positions)

C: Scheifele-WPG, Seguin-DAL(RW), Reinhart- FLA(RW), Monahan-MON, Parssinen-NSH
    LW: Laine-CLS(RW), Benn-DAL(C), Zucker-PIT, Sheary-WSH(RW), Maccelli-ARZ
    RW: Bratt-NJ, Fiala-LA(LW), Zacha-BOS(LW/C), Peterka-BUF(LW), Wilson-WSH IR
    D: Hamilton-NJ, Chabot-OTT, Trouba-NYR, Addison-MIN, Ekman-Larsson-VAN, Letang-PIT IR
    G: Saros-NSH, Kuemper-WSH, Schmid-NJ, Francouz-COL

Administrator

For 750k I think it's good value but don't think of him as a long-term fix. It's working for him right now.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He’s been one of those extremely talented and highly touted prospects who never could seem to get a fair shake of ice time. Going to Seattle could be the best thing that happened to him. I agree he’s probably not going to sustain a ppg pace but if he keeps scoring at this torrid pace at some point one thinks the coach is to give him more than 4th line minutes. I traded him in the offseason for a 3rd round draft pick as we have a very deep league rather than dropping him. I just traded back for him noah cates today (and naturally cates got an assist already tonight &#128514. Sprong doesn’t get much for peripherals so if he stops scoring I lose that deal haha.