Thread: (Connor + Seider) vs (JT Miller + Trocheck + Werenski)

Dobber Sports Novice

Default (Connor + Seider) vs (JT Miller + Trocheck + Werenski)

Dynasty league with info in signature.
    Defending champion, currently in a two team battle for this year's championship.
    Other team is as strong as me and barring bad luck with injuries, I'd say odds are 50/50.

A rebuilding GM has placed JT Miller and Trocheck on the block.
    I offered R. Thomas and Laine in a 2 vs 2 trade.
    Classic trading of youth for higher production.
    I like Thomas, but it will be difficult for him to reach Miller or Trocheck' productions short term without better peripherals.

Other GM is not interested in Laine.
    He has his eyes set on my Seider.
    I said I would only let go of Seider for an overpayment, which would be Trocheck + Miller, AND I would also need to swap a (F) for a (D).
    My offer : (Thomas + Seider) for (Trocheck + Miller + Werenski).

I don't think I would consider trading some of those assets if they didn't have a slow start, certainly not Seider, but at the same time it is a game of numbers and adding an extra elite player could be the difference maker in winning a 2nd straight championship. I am also set to take a step back next year as Bergeron and Pavelski should retire, getting 3 players for the price of 2 could offset that lost. Either way, winning this year trumps everything. None of the players I would be giving have yet reached the level of production that Miller and Trocheck have already reached, and this trade could make me better over the next 3 seasons.

We have been at a standstill for a few days, other GM not sure if he wants to pull the trigger.
    I'm thinking the deal gets done if I offer (Connor + Seider) instead of (Thomas + Seider).
    Would I be going too far overboard here and pay too steep of a price to upgrade my production ?

I would like to get a deal done not only to make my team better, but also would to both players from the market to make sure my opponent don't nab them.
    I don't want to fleece the other GM and would like this trade to be as good for his young rebuilding team as it would be good in helping me win the championship, even if he were to overpay for Seider.

Am I thinking too highly of Seider, or am I selling him too short ?
    I'm seeing Hedman like multicat production of 1.4 FP/G when he gets to 400 GP, but that's a long way.
    Don't know if it will be rollercosters until then of if he'll quickly got back to last year's production and higher.

------------------------------------------------

Trocheck is currently producing at 1.24 FP/G.
    He was at 1.0 FP/G in 21-22 , 1.2 FP/G in 20-21, and 1.3 FP/G in 17-18.

Miller is currently producing at 1.13 FP/G (trending up).
    He was at 1.4 FP/G in 21-22, 1.1 FP/G in 20-21, 1.3 FP/G in 19-20

Werenski is currently producing at 1.0 FP/G
    He was at 1.2 FP/G in 21-22, 1.1 FP/G in 20-21, 1.1 FP/g in 19-20

Laine currently at 0.7 FP/G.
    1.1 FP/G in 21-22, 0.8 FP/G in 20-21, 1.1 FP/G in 19-20.

Thomas currently at 1.1 FP/G
    1.1 FP/G in 21-22

Connor currently at 0.9 FP/G
    1.3 FP/G in 21-22, 1.0 FP/G in 20/21, 1.2 FP/G in 19/20

Seider currently at 0.85 FP/G
    1.1 FP/G in 21-22.

15 Teams Dynasty League (No Salary Cap)

4C / 6W / 2F / 6D / 2G
    5 Bench / 25 Minors
    (Protect 20 + 25 Minors)

G, A, SOG, Blk, Hit, Fight, FOW/FOL, TOI,
    SA/GA, SV%, SHO

C: Crosby, Draisaitl, Point, Trocheck
    W: Connor, Giroux, Miller, Pettersson, Stamkos, Terry
    F: E Kane, Nichushkin
    D: Doughty, Hedman, Josi, Letang, Nurse, Petry
    G: Ullmark, Swayman

Bench : Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Couture, Walman, Merzlikins
    IR :

Minors: Brindley, Goyette, Voit, Huuhtanen, Kantserov, Lardis, Melanson, Petrov, Trikozov, Whitelaw, Ziemmer, Behrens, Cagnoni, Engstrom, Morin, Nelson, Nikishin, Price, Spence, Ufko, Bussi, Hrabal, Johansson, Merilainen, Silovs

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: (Connor + Seider) vs (JT Miller + Trocheck + Werenski)

I would not trade Connor and Seider for those players in a dynasty. I think They both start playing better soon and long term like them a lot. I like the players you’d be getting as well but not as much and Werenski and Trochek both seem to get injured each year as well.