Thread: Miss you all! McDavid Trade!?

Default Miss you all! McDavid Trade!?

Hey friends, miss you guys and hope all is well.

Hart and Hill have both been FA pickups (grabbed Hill last night) and I have two trades in my inbox right now.

Stamkos/Vasilevskiy for McDavid/Hill.
    Stamkos/Vasilevskiy for McDavid/Hart.

Thoughts on PHI and Hart? Hart/Hill/Knight might be tough to carry me in H2H. Ditching the Vegas #2/#3 Goalie seems logical.
    I like the idea of Vasilevskiy in the playoff weeks as well honestly.

Thoughts?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Miss you all! McDavid Trade!?

I would not trade for either Hill or Hart with the thought that I would need to rely on them. I would be trying to send them with a lesser player for an upgrade on the lesser player. Stamkos and Vasilevskiy for McDavid isn't totally unreasonable, but my general rule would be not to trade away McDavid in any league unless the return was so great that it was shocking. The fact that the other owner is willing to take Hill or Hart is a sign that he doesn't care who he gets; it doesn't matter. He places no value on either Hill or Hart. You shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I would not trade for either Hill or Hart with the thought that I would need to rely on them. I would be trying to send them with a lesser player for an upgrade on the lesser player. Stamkos and Vasilevskiy for McDavid isn't totally unreasonable, but my general rule would be not to trade away McDavid in any league unless the return was so great that it was shocking. The fact that the other owner is willing to take Hill or Hart is a sign that he doesn't care who he gets; it doesn't matter. He places no value on either Hill or Hart. You shouldn't either.
    So taking Hart and/or Hill out of the equation, you don't think Stammer/Vas is enough for McDavid?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    So taking Hart and/or Hill out of the equation, you don't think Stammer/Vas is enough for McDavid?
    I mean, it's enough to merit some thought. But again, my personal rule would be to not trade McDavid unless the offer was ridiculously good. I think Vasilevskiy and Stamkos isn't ridiculously good, just ok. You're never going to feel bad about having McDavid on your team.

Put another way, you've been able to pick up/cheaply draft two goalies to provide some level of useful production. You would not likely be able to pick up anyone close to a McDavid's level of production.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    nope

Dobber Sports Pro

To me, there's no reason to trade McDavid here, especially not to simply improve your goaltending. I'd find another way to do that while riding Hart's hot streak right now.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Am I the only one who would heavily consider accepting Stamkos and Vasilevskiy for my McDavid in a one year league?

How have your first 3 matchups gone in terms of categories? If you're struggling to win goalie categories adding Vasilevskiy, a top 2 goalie in the NHL, will definitely help improve that. And getting Stamkos on top of that seems like a great deal depending on who you drop/give up. Knight and Hill are likely going to be backups the entire season, likely playing 25 games give or take. Hill is currently seeing more starts and playing better than Knight, but it's early and could change at any moment.

It's H2H and cats are 6:4 skaters:goalies (including GAA and SV%). Personally, I don't see you winning a championship in your league with Hart, Knight, and Hill. You'd have to stream and get very lucky. Vasilevskiy is an incredible upgrade over Hill or Knight and Stamkos, while a sizeable downgrade from McDavid, is no slouch. You're in a one year league and the goal is to win playoffs this year so I see no issue trading away McDavid if it improves your chances at winning.

I think this is a trade worth considering.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post
    Am I the only one who would heavily consider accepting Stamkos and Vasilevskiy for my McDavid in a one year league?

How have your first 3 matchups gone in terms of categories? If you're struggling to win goalie categories adding Vasilevskiy, a top 2 goalie in the NHL, will definitely help improve that. And getting Stamkos on top of that seems like a great deal depending on who you drop/give up. Knight and Hill are likely going to be backups the entire season, likely playing 25 games give or take. Hill is currently seeing more starts and playing better than Knight, but it's early and could change at any moment.

It's H2H and cats are 6:4 skaters:goalies (including GAA and SV%). Personally, I don't see you winning a championship in your league with Hart, Knight, and Hill. You'd have to stream and get very lucky. Vasilevskiy is an incredible upgrade over Hill or Knight and Stamkos, while a sizeable downgrade from McDavid, is no slouch. You're in a one year league and the goal is to win playoffs this year so I see no issue trading away McDavid if it improves your chances at winning.

I think this is a trade worth considering.
    You're not wrong that it's worth considering.

What doesn't work for me is that there is a myriad of other ways to improve goaltending than trade McDavid. I would try and trade a streaking Bratt or Necas for a goalie (obviously not Vas). Trading McDavid would be the last thing I'd consider.

In H2H, you're already extremely dependent on luck in the playoffs as every goalie can be amazing or terrible over a 7-day stretch. McDavid is amazing the whole year and I would not use him to try and improve the most fickle position in fantasy sport. Case in point, if fantasy hockey playoffs were the last couple of weeks, Hart would've eaten Vasilevskiy's lunch money!