Thread: Guentzel for Svechnikov?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Guentzel for Svechnikov?

Team and league in sig.

Looking to make a trade, as I've got a surplus of Skaters and hoping to upgrade a bit while bringing in Marchand off IR.

I was offered:

Guentzel and Saros

for

Svechnikov, Point, and Georgiev.

(I had originally offered Hughes or Toffoli instead of Svech).

What do we think about this offer? I likely get an upgrade/workhorse in net (though currently available FA goalies are Hart, Skinner). I'm just not sure if Guentzel (+activating Marchand) is enough to match Point + Svech.

Other players of interest on his team include: Matthews, Sheifele, Marchesault, Huberdeau, Fox, Gudas
    Yahoo! H2H, Daily Starts, Min 3 G starts/Week, Max 2 Pick Ups/Week.

1 Year,12 Team
    G, A, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

2 C: JT Miller, Giroux
    3 W: B. Tkatchuk, Toffoli, S. Reinhart
    4 D: Hamilton, Heiskanen, Nurse, Sanheim
    2 G: Venecek, Jarry
    4 BN: Wilson, Nelson, Svechnikov, Barkov
    2 IR: Meier

The Great One

Default Re: Guentzel for Svechnikov?

No you count shots so AS is actually the better own. Hast may come to earth but you should add him for free while he's hot. Isn't Georgie playing well? Francouz really has not been much competition. I'm a little murky on that situation but unless I'm missing something its basically Georgie getting the lions share of starts on a dominant as team so even the goalie swap is deceptively unhelpful lol!! I'm not sure why you have to add point on top in a one year league. I feel like your top two will end up being Hughes and mcD which leaves point as a very good bench option. You CAN move him but you should get value if you do and this deal comes up short basically everywhere.

Key points:

- i know Guenther is hot right now but AS will get pretty dang close on his own and when he does hell add a decent amount of sogs. Guenther an ok shooter but AS could crack 300 this year.

- With marner Kane and Bratt being a tour de force you're actually trading for what will likely be a ben h starter each week.

- Saros is a great add but is he really even an upgrade in net? Again I'm not really informed on that goalie switch but it seems like Georgie is pretty much the starter?? Bennington looks solid af so you kind of got lucky on your goalies. I mean it looks like you took a swing at a zero g type of draft and it basically worked out lol! Seems counter intuitive to move depth to address it now when it seems to be working out ok no?

- Your starting Cs will likely be Hughes and mcD anyways so like the winger example Point becomes your best bench option. You CAN move him but having one great bench option at each position is a safe and solid play.

- it feels like they're asking for a lot because I have some counter suggestions but if thats they're bring in bet you might not have much to work with.

So keep AS take that right out. Its not an upgrade and its basically were the value seems to be coming from on his end. If you feel you need to make the goalie swap id try to just move point for saris or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    No you count shots so AS is actually the better own. Hast may come to earth but you should add him for free while he's hot. Isn't Georgie playing well? Francouz really has not been much competition. I'm a little murky on that situation but unless I'm missing something its basically Georgie getting the lions share of starts on a dominant as team so even the goalie swap is deceptively unhelpful lol!! I'm not sure why you have to add point on top in a one year league. I feel like your top two will end up being Hughes and mcD which leaves point as a very good bench option. You CAN move him but you should get value if you do and this deal comes up short basically everywhere.

Key points:

- i know Guenther is hot right now but AS will get pretty dang close on his own and when he does hell add a decent amount of sogs. Guenther an ok shooter but AS could crack 300 this year.

- With marner Kane and Bratt being a tour de force you're actually trading for what will likely be a ben h starter each week.

- Saros is a great add but is he really even an upgrade in net? Again I'm not really informed on that goalie switch but it seems like Georgie is pretty much the starter?? Bennington looks solid af so you kind of got lucky on your goalies. I mean it looks like you took a swing at a zero g type of draft and it basically worked out lol! Seems counter intuitive to move depth to address it now when it seems to be working out ok no?

- Your starting Cs will likely be Hughes and mcD anyways so like the winger example Point becomes your best bench option. You CAN move him but having one great bench option at each position is a safe and solid play.

- it feels like they're asking for a lot because I have some counter suggestions but if thats they're bring in bet you might not have much to work with.

So keep AS take that right out. Its not an upgrade and its basically were the value seems to be coming from on his end. If you feel you need to make the goalie swap id try to just move point for saris or something.
    Guenther=guentzel

The Great One

Default Re: Guentzel for Svechnikov?

Yeah a no from me as well.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch