Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Connor Bedard Sweepstakes - Draft Lottery May 8th

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Connor Bedard Sweepstakes - Draft Lottery May 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I was rooting for CHI for a very selfish reason - in my main league, I was linked to CHI for the draft lottery.

A lot of arm chair GMs don't like the fact Bedard is going to CHI, but don't forget they cleaned house after the Beach debacle. Also, CHI was obviously tanking for Bedard, but they weren't the only ones - they were just the most obvious imo.

Pundits are also saying there is nobody in CHI for Bedard to play with.

Crosby, and before him Lemieux, didn't have anyone to play with in PIT either. CHI will continue to suck for the next couple of years, ensuring a couple more very high draft picks. This will add to Reichel, Nazar & Korchinski (who played on the same line with Bedard during the WJC) that are already in the CHI system.

In regards to the NHL draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see Michkov drop in the draft, down to the 6-10 position (or possibly further). The Russian factor, Ukraine war and the wait time will turn off a lot of GMs.
    And korchiski and nazar and reichel- hell be fine- thats not the issue for me anyways but fair enough point...

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure I buy the whole "he has no one to play with" narrative. This supposed generational talent should make the players around him better.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Pitts had Malkin (2nd overall), MAF (1st overall), and Whitney (5th overall) when they drafted Crosby. Then J.Staal (2nd overall the next yr).

On the roster was Gonchar, Lemieux, and Recchi (old though).

If Pitts was like Chicago, they'd move those guys for picks to try and get better odds at Crosby.
    Yerp- and thats why I think its so irritating. We've never seen a tank job lime this- don't forget they started sitting soderblom cause he had the nerve to start stealing the odd game! As a hockey fan I cringe at the idea of more active tanking but if it goes that way Bettman made his own bed...

Dobber Sports Titan

I also don't really have an issue with tanking. I have a bigger issue with teams not trying to win the cup. As in, Ownership doesn't want to go through the pain yrs to be able to get a cup, they want to do well enough for fans to come out, and maybe get a few playoff games here and there.

Vancouver, NJD (for a while), Ottawa, Arizona, and Sabres (for a while). Like Vancouver hasn't had a yr over 500 when it's been a full length season since 2014/15 where their leading goal scorer was Vrbata, and Ryan Miller was their starter. That annoys me as an organization over Chicago just out right tanking like they did. The way Chicago did it, they still need quite a lot of pieces to pull it together, so they could still mess this up and waste millions in lost revenue.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Well that was awfully disappointing. Seems fitting though. Kane out Bedard in.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Well that was awfully disappointing. Seems fitting though. Kane out Bedard in.
    Maybe Kane back in? Man it's just so annoying. And I had forgot they were 5th the year they got Kane. I thought they were 2nd or something.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Doing some reading...
    It would've been cool to be a GM "in the room" last night.
    Apparently the order of balls pulled (once a ball is pulled, it doesn't go back in) was as follows:
    First ball: 5
    Second ball: 13
    Third ball: 4

Here are the teams that were alive and praying on that 4th ball:

Matthew DeFranks
    @MDeFranks
    Here were the possible outcomes with the last ball yet to be drawn:
    1-4-5-13: CBJ
    2-4-5-13: SJS
    3-4-5-13: WSH
    4-5-6-13: ANA
    4-5-7-13: NSH
    4-5-8-13: STL
    4-5-9-13: CHI
    4-5-10-13: ANA
    4-5-11-13: ARI
    4-5-12-13: SJS
    4-5-13-14: CHI

The order of the 14 balls doesn't matter.
    Regardless of the first 3 balls, there are exactly 11 remaining balls after the first 3... so that's how many possibilities were left.
    CHI had 2/11 shot
    ANA had 2/11 shot
    SJS had 2/11 shot
    ARI, CBJ, NAS, STL, WAS all had a 1 in 11 shot.

No number repeats in any available combinations, so everybody simply has their list of combinations.

NINE was the magic celebration number for the Hawks:

*Vancouver wasn't "as close" as people think by the list of numbers, because it isn't pulled like that.
    But makes for good twittering...

Dobber Sports Star

It can be fun to joke about rigging and seize upon a tv production error as "proof." But Chicago winning was one of the most likely results, so well within the realm of possibilities. Back to normal now, speculating about where children will be told they have to work.

Dobber Sports Deity

Frank Seravelli was one of three media members present during the actual lottery process. He details how it works well here:

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/th...t-lottery-room

Interesting read. He even mentions about Weekes "gaffe" regarding Columbus.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Weekes #3 reveal doesn't have anything to do with rigging.

There are numbered balls drawn in a room with an accounting firm - accessible live to team reps (GMs) well before the actual "TV Reveal" that we all were privy to.
    So the NHL elite already all had the results.

What we saw was "just a show".
    Otherwise, buddy could just shuffle the cards and... nobody would be the wiser.
    (That's not happening. There's full behind-the-scenes transparency and definitely will be evidence of the balls and what "combination" of four numbers was pulled.)
    The shot of each GM looking super mundanely "blah" is because they already knew they had NOT moved up.

With Weekes - I'm sure it was just confusion.
    He would've assumed the break after the commercial was the "surprise of #1 vs #2"...
    And the NHL obviously was pausing for the top 3.
    But... it was all settled way before then - and Weekes surely had the list & script to properly announce the order.
    That'll all be covered in the next day or two - even that'll have some transparency as to what happened.

As for draft, I think we see ANA go with Fantilli, CBJ go with Leo Carlsson (Jarmo can't "wait" and they need a center), and SJ (Grier, as new GM) can afford to "wait" on Michkov at #4.
    Michkov gives Grier "hold" time on his position - great thing to have for new GM.
    People will have to treat him like MIN with Kaprizov... "this guy could be dynamic".

In fantasy hockey - besides the obvious direct winners of Bedard.
    Anybody holding NAZAR, LUKAS REICHEL, or KEVIN KORCHINSKI should be rubbing their hands together right now.
    Lucky you, that's a big hike on the value of those three players.
    The fact they do it behind the scenes itself opens doors for speculation my friend. Make it all live, everything out in the open, pure transparency to put the rumors to bed.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    The fact they do it behind the scenes itself opens doors for speculation my friend. Make it all live, everything out in the open, pure transparency to put the rumors to bed.
    Go read the link I just shared. Yes it's behind the scenes, but it's not like they dont have witnesses.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Here's the legit lottery that's filmed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHyS...ab_channel=NHL

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Here's the legit lottery that's filmed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHyS...ab_channel=NHL
    Respectrfully it doesn't prove anything- its a nice story and a cool read especially if you're looking for closure but all it really tells you is that they're committed to the bit and we already knew that.

"He snipped a ribbon"... and?? Is that supposed to be hard proof the balls weren't tampered with?

"Daly didn't even know at the time"... said you!

They've faked a lot harder things than a lottery draw in our lifetime- if they can fake a war, a terrorist attack, a moon landing, and a revolt at the Whitehouse they can sure a shit fake a lottery deaft- lol! Just like id never be convinced im sure you'll never be convinced the other way.

But how about this- just for the sake of thoroughness- let's see if we can find an article or an expert analysis of just exactly how much money they would have stood to lose hypothetically- i mean for posterity sake...

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PoolPartyPuljeejarvi View Post
    if they can fake...a revolt at the Whitehouse
    "Olympus Has Fallen" is a movie. Aaron Eckhart is an actor, and was not president in 2013.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PoolPartyPuljeejarvi View Post
    Respectrfully it doesn't prove anything- its a nice story and a cool read especially if you're looking for closure but all it really tells you is that they're committed to the bit and we already knew that.

"He snipped a ribbon"... and?? Is that supposed to be hard proof the balls weren't tampered with?

"Daly didn't even know at the time"... said you!

They've faked a lot harder things than a lottery draw in our lifetime- if they can fake a war, a terrorist attack, a moon landing, and a revolt at the Whitehouse they can sure a shit fake a lottery deaft- lol! Just like id never be convinced im sure you'll never be convinced the other way.

But how about this- just for the sake of thoroughness- let's see if we can find an article or an expert analysis of just exactly how much money they would have stood to lose hypothetically- i mean for posterity sake...
    Mine was a video, there's no reading...and Daly isn't doing anything in the video. And they have reporters there btw. You probably didn't watch it, or you meant to reply to the DailyFaceoff article post.

But I think we know really what is going on with the post.