Thread: The Most Obvious Sleepers Ive Ever Seen...

The Great One

Default The Most Obvious Sleepers Ive Ever Seen...

Not including first year players of whom there are many.

Jakub Vrana- was notably shunned in Washington due to his defensive lapses. When it comes to offense however he was a beast. He was third in even strength goals accross the entire league behind only Matthews and Ovie. Let that sink in a second- third in the entire leaGUE??!! Hes had gamebreaker upside since he was drafted but he was cleverly camouflaged by slow season to seaqson growth that culminated in being in a season where he still broke out for 25 points in 40 gfames despite being largely relegated to the third line without pp time. Those in the know knew the lid was about to burst when he got moved to Detroit. The funny thing is that even though it did-13 goals and 19 poiunts in 26 games- his injury masked what would have been a fiarly easily attainable 40 goal pace. Thats even though he was ploaying through a nagging shoulder injury. Now that hes had surgery and time to fully heal his shoulder, will be a staple on the first line with Larkinb and will be spoon fed pp time like a hungry gerber baby- aqll bets are off. Hes the easdiest call to get 40 goals for the first time this yeare and I think he'll cake walk to a ppg pace. hes pastrnak level good. You can get him much much later than that.

Kevin Fiala- So the guyt getrs 85 points and 250 plus sogs and still gets no respect? He got that with a very pedestrian first half point per game pace and had all of 17 powerplay points. Severnteen is good dont get me wrong but going to be the trigger man on a team that will be leaning heavily on him for offense in LA- it would not be out of line to see him add 5-10 points easily in that area. Factor in that hes started slow every year so far and a correction to thaT COULD SEE HIM PAD HIS STATS 5-10 points more. Everything about his season last year was sustainable and repeatable. He'll be stapled to Koipitar on the topline and essentially the designated triggerman on pp1. Youre looking at a guy who could easily get 35+ goals and 90 plus points.

I think Tage Thompson is a good candidate too and hes a sog pig which you have to love. Not as obvious as the first two but a good bet noinetheless.

Heiskanen bouncing back and being the man in Dallas is so predictable its practically a gimme. In that vein Nils Lundqvist is being auditioned heavily on the first line and breaking 30 or even 40 for the first time looks highly doable if he can stiock.

A ton of first and second year options- but that can be a trhead in itself. Watch how camp goes for KJ (topline center?), Jack Quinn (topline winger?), Holtz (he and Hughes look poised for greatness someday), Nickl Robertson (Uh oh hes started camp on a tear!). Jarvis (Wunderkind with elite upside imho), Kaliyev (being forgotten about but a top six role could keep him on a steady inclinbe), Zegras (is just plain the man).

The top two are being so unvbelievably underdrafted and forgotten about in my estimation though. i think a ppg with 30 goals and 240 sogs is a floor fopr both with top 10 winger upside if they can keep an evcen keel and avoid injury...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: The Most Obvious Sleepers Ive Ever Seen...

Some good points here. Big agree on Fiala and Vrana. In banger leagues here are a few I found going under the radar.

Jamie Benn - He's not going to put up 80+ points but covers categories well. Seems like he has been forgotten about.

T. Jeannot - covers lots of categories and is under the radar. If he can repeat last years peripherals he is a steal.

Ryan Strome - A veteran and quality centre in Anaheim. He will put up respective numbers which could be great if the young core falters.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR