Thread: Eichel for McTavish ++

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Eichel for McTavish ++

Hey guys, first post so I'll try to keep it short. Manager of a 31 team SIM league.
    I am in a full rebuild with a solid crop of young talent and prospects. I've been patient but at some point I want to start making moves to build around my young core.

I was offered this:

His Eichel

For

My McTavish, B. Clarke and one of; J. Boqvist, Peterka, Jarventie, N. Foote, B. Othmann, dellandrea, Barron

I've always liked Eichel. I think he's a top 10 talent in the league but he's a band-aid boy. McTavish will be a stud I think. The others are good prospects but nothing blue chip by any means. If I were to do it, I'd probably do Dellandrea

To give more context, here's my depth:

Zegras
    Caufield
    McTavish
    N. Foote
    C. Foote
    Podkolzin
    S. Wright
    Barron
    McTavish
    Clarke
    Dellandrea
    Jarventie
    Peterka
    Boqvist
    Othmann

Is this trade worth making or should I stay the course and keep growing the core together?
    Last edited by Hikes83; September 19, 2022 at 8:31 AM. Reason: Typos

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Eichel for McTavish ++

Welcome. A good idea is to show in your post (or signature) what kind of league you are in and how many points are awarded for different categories in your league...ie G3, A2, hit .25 etc. Gives the knowledgeable guys here some perspective to help you better.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Eichel for McTavish ++

Welcome to the forums.

First, off many people out here don't regularly play or have never played simulation leagues. I'd post Sim League in your subject to try and get sim league players interested. If you give that info, it may help. What game do you use? I'm only directly familiar with Strat-O-Matic in anything beyond a solitaire sense.

In a 31 team league you need to get talent, and I agree Eichel is a high-end talent, probably a top 10-15 forward talent, roughly. I wouldn't have him top 10 overall, as he's behind some D & G that he isn't passing.

I'd make sure to not give Peterka as the extra - he's coming and soon.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.