Thread: New Goalie Post (beta)

The Wolverine

Default Re: New Goalie Post (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by Riasat View Post
    1. Just to make sure I understood your request properly:
    - Probable: No notif
    - Like: notif
    - Confirmed: notif

2. Additionally, don't set likely status without details.

For 1, I can make the notification system more granular where you can select for yourself. Right now we are working on in-app notification; I'll make this feature a part of it.

For 2, this is done by the "manager team"; Not really my area to say anything. Reach out to dobber directly.

Finally, I haven't forgotten about your password login request. It's just that I need to do a significant refactor on the user service for this and it keeps getting pushed by other important features. I am truly sorry I promised you this long ago and haven't been able to get to it yet.
    Thanks for your follow up comments.

1. That's correct.
    2. That's correct.

Re: #2: I'll contact Dobber directly (or if he reads this thread?) but would be good to understand the process better. How does it work then? Does the manager team determine all the statuses when they change? I don't know how a status would be changed to 'likely' if there wasn't any information attached to it.

About the password login request, it's not urgent and I can login without issue using the one time code. I'm glad it's a code to my email rather than phone text, so if it's too much of a hassle to set up the password option, then I'm ok with you leaving it for now. I guess it depends if others want it or not.

Thanks.

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    The colors on the website are much, much better. I will download the app and take a look.

I think that you're going to find 4 kinds of league schedules:

1. Daily move leagues - they won't care about schedule format.
    2. Sunday through Saturday leagues.
    3. Monday through Sunday leagues.
    4. Weird leagues with other schedules - they aren't worth worrying about, dues to frequency.

As far as Tuesday 10/3 being the first day of the scheduler, the solution is to roll that first day back to either 10/1 or 10/2 depending on what format is used. That day will have no games, but it will be clear, and set up for the rest of the season.
    Thank you for the compliment.

Main benefits of app over web (in this case):
    - UI is smooth as silk
    - P3/HDR colors (WIP)
    - Instant notifications (WIP)
    - (Opinion) It is more comfortable to use

Otherwise, it is the same as web.

As for starting day, we have started the work to let you select it (default will be Monday). Once you select it, it will stick even if you use a different device. You'll need to login to use this feature.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Update: The maroon is good for both the app & the website.
    I tend to use desktop webpages on my phone over apps, because I've found that apps are sometimes more limited.

I didn't sign up, because I need to figure out what the best default start date will be for me. Need to figure out if any leagues die and get replaced. The Roto league won't care, and my weekly start 1 goalie league with league week starting on Thursday won't be an issue, as I have to switch out my D if switch my goalie.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Is the desktop version ever going to support basic accessibility stuff like searchable text? Over a year, and this is one of the most inaccessible websites I've seen in a long time. It's borderline unusable.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Software Engineer

Update: The maroon is good for both the app & the website.
    I tend to use desktop webpages on my phone over apps, because I've found that apps are sometimes more limited.

I didn't sign up, because I need to figure out what the best default start date will be for me. Need to figure out if any leagues die and get replaced. The Roto league won't care, and my weekly start 1 goalie league with league week starting on Thursday won't be an issue, as I have to switch out my D if switch my goalie.
    We don't usually do that. Doing it actually increases our workload as we are delivering same system everywhere. There are some exceptions like in top goalies page, we have sparklines (mini graphs) that shows goalie's past rankings. There's no space to show this on typical phone view. But if you use tablet, you'll see it.

You don't need to figure it out right now. and you'll be able to change it with a click at any moment! it's not a set in stone preference. You can also get some extra features if you login; such as downloading CSV of top goalies.
    btw, I said "started the work", the feature is not done yet or not deployed. I'll update once it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    Is the desktop version ever going to support basic accessibility stuff like searchable text? Over a year, and this is one of the most inaccessible websites I've seen in a long time. It's borderline unusable.
    CTRL+F support will be there; i need it too.

Unfortunately, our team is overwhelmed with work as we want to achieve the primary goal of GP+DN with notifications on both Android and iOS (that's 4x apps + 2x sites + n-backend services) before this season starts. Once this is out of the way, we will focus on QoL features such as ctrl+f, password login or anything else you request. Apologies for the delay.

I...am your father.

Regarding "Likely" status with no information:

For this, we just use logic. I, personally, am the person who probably uses this status the most. So I guess you could use "Dobber" as the source? haha

I would set a goalie to "Likely" if it is the second of back-to-back games, and the other goalie started the night before. I would also use it if the starting goalie is injured, but the team hasn't confirmed a goalie therefore it is 'likely' that the backup will start. No source, just my brain
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Checking out the New Goalie Post, a question comes to mind. I checked on weekly for the schedule and was taken to the week of October 1-7. How do I advance the weekly schedule to check out following weeks?
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Software Engineer

The colors on the website are much, much better. I will download the app and take a look.

I think that you're going to find 4 kinds of league schedules:

1. Daily move leagues - they won't care about schedule format.
    2. Sunday through Saturday leagues.
    3. Monday through Sunday leagues.
    4. Weird leagues with other schedules - they aren't worth worrying about, dues to frequency.

As far as Tuesday 10/3 being the first day of the scheduler, the solution is to roll that first day back to either 10/1 or 10/2 depending on what format is used. That day will have no games, but it will be clear, and set up for the rest of the season.
    Starting week selection feature just went live (web/android/ios). You will need to login to use this.

If you are not logged in, it was supposed to ask you to login but that part is not working right now; so it'll appear to revert to Monday (default).

If you change it, we will save it as a preference and later if you login again or use different platform, you'll get the same starting day.

Note: Instant notifications are not ready yet; will need more time for this.

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Checking out the New Goalie Post, a question comes to mind. I checked on weekly for the schedule and was taken to the week of October 1-7. How do I advance the weekly schedule to check out following weeks?
    You can access schedule from two places.

Bottom action bar: This shows current week only

Top right menu -> Weekly Schedule: This shows current week with week selector

In a future update, we will merge both views to be same.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Great stuff on this. I'm loving it so far.

Is there an icon or something that shows if it's a B2B day for a team?

Used the app today.

I noticed something that might be an issue at some point: names. Using just last names is mostly fine right now as Craig Anderson is out of the league and neither Matt Murray is currently playing in the NHL. A first initial might be a good thing to be ready to add. Hopefully Toronto's Murray doesn't come back to muddy the waters more.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Got this error when loading on my desktop.

"Exception: Match error found during build phase Exception: no routes for location: /index.php" F5 refresh got it to load fine.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Used the app today.

I noticed something that might be an issue at some point: names. Using just last names is mostly fine right now as Craig Anderson is out of the league and neither Matt Murray is currently playing in the NHL. A first initial might be a good thing to be ready to add. Hopefully Toronto's Murray doesn't come back to muddy the waters more.
    My app shows full names.

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Great stuff on this. I'm loving it so far.

Is there an icon or something that shows if it's a B2B day for a team?
    If you click the ? on home page (today | tomorrow | more | ?), you'll get a popup explaining the icons and some other things.

Used the app today.

Can you share a screenshot please? Also your phone model?

Got this error when loading on my desktop.

"Exception: Match error found during build phase Exception: no routes for location: /index.php" F5 refresh got it to load fine.
    That's really weird to say the least! We don't use PHP for this at all. Would really appreciate a screenshot if you see this happening again!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In the starting goalies section I would love to know if the start is part of a B2B, front or back. For example, I really like the way Leftwinglock gives info about the starter in a B2B situation.
    Weekly H2H 4gm/week 14 Teams,21 Player roster+3 protected prospects
    20wk Reg season+3Rd of Playoff
    Keep 10

G+A=1pt, Dman G+A=1.5pt, PPG=1pt, PPA=0.5pt, SHG=1pt, SHA=0.5pt, ShootoutG=0.25pt, GWG=1pt, Hatty=3pt, DMan Hatty=5pt, +/- (For D only)=+/- 0.5pt, W=2pt, L=-1pt, OTL=1pt, ShootoutL=0.5pt, SO=1pt, S=0.1pt, GA=-0.5pt, Goalie Goal=5pt

Play 2C 2LW 2RW 3F 3D 2G
    C:Zibanejad Stamkos Schmaltz
    LW:Panarin Kaprizov Bunting Barbashev D.Strome
    RW:Keller Terry Necas Kakko Raddysh
    D: Carlson Theodore Morrissey Matheson
    G:Vasilevskiy Sorokin Merzlikins Johansson
    Prospects: Miroshnichenko Dostal Commesso