Thread: JT Miller

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default JT Miller

Interested in how everyone is viewing JT Miller right now. Sensational season, heading into contract year. Some uncertainty around playing in VAN or elsewhere… dobber high on him to repeat big numbers … do you view him as a top ten points only asset? Is it possible he is Marchand 2.0 in terms of finding another fantasy gear in his late 20s-30s? Interested in thoughts. Will hang up and listen.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: JT Miller

i think hes got a decent shot at repeating in the 90s. Hes a good player surrounded by many other good players and a talented powerplay. he hits, shots and wins faceoffs while wing eligible in some leagues. what more do you want?
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Superstar

still scold my team for that awful trade.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I just don't see any red flags that suggest that JT will not have another good year.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Genius

I think everything went right last year for JT Miller to just fall short of 100 points. I hope the Canucks keep him around at least until the deadline where we can determine if were in position to push for the playoffs or trade him to another team as a rental. However, if they don't and he ends up getting traded here in the offseason or early in the year I got to think his potential to repeat will be limited. I would go with a more conservative yet still fantastic 80 to 85 points next year.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Titan

There's nothing really out there that's a red flag in terms of his stats and his history. The big thing is he was leaned on more offensively.

My guess for him is:
    80gp, 180-210sog, 13-16s%, 1:2 G:A ratio. 23-34g, 45-65a, 68-99pts is his "worst case to best case" range. His "realistic" would be 78-88pts (25g/53a, 30g/58a).

I wouldn't bank on another 100pt potential season, but he has that outside shot at it again. And I wouldn't be worried about a floor because worst-case, he's still a 70pt guy. My brain even says his low should be closer to the 72-75pt range.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BigAppleMothMen View Post
    Interested in how everyone is viewing JT Miller right now. Sensational season, heading into contract year. Some uncertainty around playing in VAN or elsewhere… dobber high on him to repeat big numbers … do you view him as a top ten points only asset? Is it possible he is Marchand 2.0 in terms of finding another fantasy gear in his late 20s-30s? Interested in thoughts. Will hang up and listen.
    No, I don't view him as a top 10 (PPG) player in a points only league. I do put him in the top 20 though. I'd project him to repeat his numbers from last year, but I don't see "another gear".

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    There's nothing really out there that's a red flag in terms of his stats and his history. The big thing is he was leaned on more offensively.

My guess for him is:
    80gp, 180-210sog, 13-16s%, 1:2 G:A ratio. 23-34g, 45-65a, 68-99pts is his "worst case to best case" range. His "realistic" would be 78-88pts (25g/53a, 30g/58a).

I wouldn't bank on another 100pt potential season, but he has that outside shot at it again. And I wouldn't be worried about a floor because worst-case, he's still a 70pt guy. My brain even says his low should be closer to the 72-75pt range.
    This is my thought as well. Elias Petterson was really slow out of the gate last year but is still considered our top gun in Van. Boeser had a lot of distractions off the ice but the year prior was our best forward. One could say like Calgary last year that their might be even more potential with others contributing but sometimes it also takes away opportunities, see Kadri's insane start but cooling off when Mack came back in.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    he hits, shots and wins faceoffs while wing eligible in some leagues. what more do you want?
    He was the #2 ranked player in one of my leagues last year. The HITS and getting those FOWs from a LW spot makes him extremely valuable.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Top 10 points only? No.

Top 10 multi-cat? Sure.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What stevegamer said 👍

Dobber Sports Veteran

In a partial keeper multicats league, I even considering keeping him over Crosby.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Any speculation on where JT Miller could be signing his next contract? I have to decide between JT and Zib (pts only) and the eventual landing spot uncertainty is making me lean towards Zib