Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [EXTENDED] Huberdeau 8x$10.5 in CGY

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [EXTENDED] Huberdeau 8x$10.5 in CGY

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Flames scored 291 goals last yr. They lost Thackuk (42g), and Gaudreau (40g) which was 28% of their goals and replaced those goals with Huberdeau who's career high in goals was 30 last yr and elevating Mangiapane role (who likely will regress). Lost 515shots, replaced it with Huberdeau who is a 200sog/82gp guy.

Markstrom had a career yr and Calgary allowed 3rd fewest goals last yr at 208ga (2.54GAA). Not sure how much better their defensive system can get.

It's more about how well they did in 2021-22 and not replacing Tkachuk, than who they acquired.
    Lost Gaudreau, replaced with Huberdeau
    Lost Gudbrannson, replaced with Weegar
    Lost Tkachuk, replaced with no one.

I think Calgary got worse from their 2nd best season in franchise history points wise. I can't see how they repeat their success of a 50-21-11 (111pts) season with the roster they have. With LAK and Vegas likely better than they were last yr, Canucks could as well.
    I’d love to hear the argument as to why Mangiapane is going to regress with more ice time and more PP time and a barely elevated sh%, other than “I don’t really know who he is so he must be due for regression”. Mangiapane is as likely to take another step offensively as he is to take a step back.

Also, considering Weegar for Gudbranson as an even swap in swap out is…something.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I don't know if I'd call it a "steal" of a trade... I'd take prime Tkachuk over 30 something Huberdeau for the same cap hit any day. If they sign Weeger as well then it's a win for sure.

Having said that, Calgary has effectively neutralized what would have been a truly shitty situation. Now they can carry on as a good but not great team for the foreseeable future.
    Your options aren't prime Tkachuk or 30 something Huberdeau. Your options are no Tkachuk, and no replacement after this season if you don't make this trade. After watching JH leave and get nothing, they decided to turn 1 year of Tkachuk into 8 years of Huberdeau, 1 year (or more) of Weeger, a prospect, and a 1st round pick. If that's not a steal, I'm not sure what is.

Dobber Sports Initiate

it's shocking to me how many people grossly overrate Tkachuk.

Calgary got ahead of a situation that left them for dead for the next few years.

Huberdeau easily is better than Gaudreau which we can all agree are the comparables here.

Tkcahuk isn't replaced but not having him in Calgary is a win.
    You will never win a cup with this guy on your team as he disappears in the playoffs. That's pretty awful for a player who should rise when the game gets tough.

We won't be missing the turtle in Calgary that's for sure.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post

You will never win a cup with this guy on your team as he disappears in the playoffs. That's pretty awful for a player who should rise when the game gets tough.

lol this is so silly. You're just making yourself look like a petty, bitter old man.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    it's shocking to me how many people grossly overrate Tkachuk.

Calgary got ahead of a situation that left them for dead for the next few years.

Huberdeau easily is better than Gaudreau which we can all agree are the comparables here.

How quickly the faithful have turned on Tkachuk now that hes gone. Oilers fans call him the turtle at the time and Flames fans defended him. Now he's the turtle to you too. Awesome!

I hated Tkachuk but to say this team is better without him, and no replacement, is just comical.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    How quickly the faithful have turned on Tkachuk now that hes gone. Oilers fans call him the turtle at the time and Flames fans defended him. Now he's the turtle to you too. Awesome!
    Honestly I never was a fan. This guy is supposed to be a pest similar to Marchand.

Except, he isn't a pest as he shy's away from any sort of altercation, and he isn't as good offensively as Marchand either.

I seriously think Matthew is very much overrated. We'll find out next season if Flames dodged a bullet with him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Shying away from altercations is what makes him a pest. Gets under your skin and won't fight which gets you even more frustrated. He's exactly what you want in that type of player.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I’d love to hear the argument as to why Mangiapane is going to regress with more ice time and more PP time and a barely elevated sh%, other than “I don’t really know who he is so he must be due for regression”. Mangiapane is as likely to take another step offensively as he is to take a step back.

Also, considering Weegar for Gudbranson as an even swap in swap out is…something.
    The bottom 'replaced' section of my post isn't saying Gudbranson=Weegar. It was just a player was replaced with a player. Not that Weegar will only replace what Gudbranson brought (or didn't bring). Weegar is obviously better.

Calgary's top 9 last yr was arguably:
    Tkachuk - Lindholm - Gaudreau
    Mangiapane - Backlund - Coleman
    Toffoli - Dube - Jarnkrok

This yrs top 6 is arguably:
    Hube - Lindholm - Toffoli
    Mangiapane - Backlund - Coleman
    Dube - Monahan - ???

Mangiapane's first 41 games:
    20G, 5A, 25pts, 101sog, 19.8s%, 15:54TOI
    Mangiapane's final 41 games:
    15G, 15A, 30pts, 84sog, 17.9s%, 15:34TOI

Flames first 41 games:
    22-13-6, 132GF (3.22GF/GP), 102GA (2.49GA/GP), 100.1PDO
    Flames final 41 games:
    28-8-5, 161GF (3.93GF/GP), 106GA (2.59GA/GP), 102.7PDO

In that final 41 games, he had 10g/9a, 24.4s% in a 20 game stretch where Calgary 15-3-2, 78GF (3.9), 45GA (2.25), 102.9PDO. I just think he had a 2nd half propped up by a very hot Flames team. And his 2nd half propped up his yr totals. I think he's a 50pt guy. And if he's not scoring, his line won't go because he's got Backlund and Coleman...

If he's getting a bump in ice time, it would come from the PP time. There's an argument he won't see PP1, but it's up for debate. He'll likely be used in the same heavy offensive zone start role with Sutter still. So he won't likely be getting a chance at more offensive chances (outside of his own creation, if this makes sense). If the top line is as dominant as it was last yr, then he's not getting more minutes. If it isn't as dominant then he can get more minutes, but will Calgary be as dominant? My initial argument is Calgary would regress. It's hard to repeat 50win seasons, it's even harder when you lose your two 100pt guys and replace only 1 of them. Like will Hube+Weegar be as effective as Tkachuk+Gaudreau? Prolly not. And if they can't replicate the success would it be hard to deny that they will be hard to get to 111pts again?

I can see Mangiapane get 40-50pts. I can also see him scoring 15 goals in a down yr where he's battling terrible luck or an injury. He's also going to likely get 55% of his points via goals. 180sog (avg 130 the last 3yrs, 185sog last yr), 17-18s% = 30g-32G, 17-19A = 47-51pts/82gp next yr is a guess. IF he somehow ends up on the top line playing his off-side (RW) then this is all different because he's with Lindholm and Hube.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Shying away from altercations is what makes him a pest. Gets under your skin and won't fight which gets you even more frustrated. He's exactly what you want in that type of player.
    I disagree. When the game really gets tough in the playoffs he is very ineffective. Look at the Oiler/Flames series. What did he do to derail Draisaitl, McDavid? Kane had his number on every aspect of that series.

The Great One

I have to agree that trying to spin this as a win for Calgary really strains the credibility, and yours was pretty shot to begin with. This is a terrible take.

I also noted Hubredeau’s 8 year deal comes with a limited 8 team no trade list clause. That’s actually pretty good on Treliving’s part as it makes Hubredeau quite tradeable for the next few seasons. So he’s got a decent shot at an out if the Flames end up not in contention in the next few seasons.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I have to agree that trying to spin this as a win for Calgary really strains the credibility, and yours was pretty shot to begin with. This is a terrible take.

I also noted Hubredeau’s 8 year deal comes with a limited 8 team no trade list clause. That’s actually pretty good on Treliving’s part as it makes Hubredeau quite tradeable for the next few seasons. So he’s got a decent shot at an out if the Flames end up not in contention in the next few seasons.
    He's got 1 yr on his previous deal that has a MNT (8 team can't trade too list), then a NMC 2023-29 (6 seasons), then a MNT 2029-2031 (12 team TRADE TO list)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Calgary should be sucking tkachuks dick with the favour he did them by telling them he wasn't going to sign long term....he could a signed a deal that brought him to UFA and just walked....

class act by tkachuk

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He's got 1 yr on his previous deal that has a MNT (8 team can't trade too list), then a NMC 2023-29 (6 seasons), then a MNT 2029-2031 (12 team TRADE TO list)
    Cool thanks man. I was just looking at CapFriendly and it only lists the NTC for the current contract on the Flames page. My mistake. So BT only has a year to move him if he so desires with the 8 team list.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Cool thanks man. I was just looking at CapFriendly and it only lists the NTC for the current contract on the Flames page. My mistake. So BT only has a year to move him if he so desires with the 8 team list.
    Ya and that would be quite the trade lol. But it's not like Huberdeau moving was a shock to begin with, so what's reality with Hube really.

I wonder if they keep Weegar not extended as an option to move at the deadline. Their whole D-core is young, but UFAs in 2 seasons (Kylington, Hanafin, Valimaki, Weegar, Zadorov) so who knows.

Dobber Sports Star

I would be very surprised if Weegar doesnt take a big contract from Calgary if offered. Something in the neighbourhood of 8x6.5m per season. John Klingberg was apparently offered 8x7.25m early last season and presumably his agent advised him to turn it down. Free agency did not work out for him to say the least. It is hard to turn down that guaranteed bag, you just dont know whatll happen in a year.

I definitely wonder how good Tkachuk will be without puck wizard Johnny Gaudreau next to him. Its not a guarantee he plays with Barkov either. If he plays with say Bennett and Reinhart then he may only put up 65-70 points or so while I expect Huberdeau to challenge 100 again
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.