Thread: Rank this 7 Rookie Forwards (Dynasty league)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Rank this 7 Rookie Forwards (Dynasty league)

Hi,
    I'm in a dynasty league, point only, one assist and one goal equal one point. So among these rookie forwards, which one do you think will be the most productive in their career????

Sillinger
    Tomasino
    Krebs
    Podkolzin
    McMichael
    Mercer
    Kaliyev

Thank you for your time to respond,
    Dre

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Rank this 7 Rookie Forwards (Dynasty league)

For points only? no cats added in?

Sillinger
    Mercer

McMichael
    Podkolzin
    Tomasino
    Kaliyev

Krebs

I think there's a very distinct gap between Krebs and the rest of the pack. I think Sillinger will be the best of the bunch and Mercer has some great upside but opportunity limits him. That all said, the middle bunch I see as all very close. Podkolzin will take longer to develop but when he does, the guy will be a solid player (more so for cats)
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Rookie

Why do you put Krebs last, personally I find him amazing, maybe not defensively, but for runs only, he's a home run. For Mercer, I agree, the guy is constantly improving, but he will have to force the club to put him in the right place to produce.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have these ranked based on opportunity. Top tier have clear opportunity on their teams for future top line top pp. Second tier are projected to be productive second liners. Third tier rely heavily on who they play with and how their teams shape up in the future.

McMichael
    Krebs

Sillinger
    Mercer
    Tomasino

Podkolzin
    Kaliyev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Kerbs
    Kaliyev

Podkolzin
    Silinger
    Tomasino
    Mercer

McMichael
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

With that group, you're not going to get a clear consensus I think, there is no clear guy above the others for the most part and they all have some pros and cons about them, their game and the roster they are on. That being said, players are moved around all the time and none of these guys are can't touch prospects in trades, so there is good possibility at least a few of them are moved within the next few years, so let's take opportunity out of the equation as who knows where they may end up or what their team looks like in a few years (if this was just for next year, would make more sense to look at where they may fit into their teams roster).

Krebs - High pedigree as a pick, took him a while to finally arrive in NHL, some injury troubles along the way. To me he screams 2nd line player, his defense..."not great, not terrible" he doesn't strike me as a player who can elevate the other players on his line, if he plays with highly skilled players, he will put up points, if he doesn't he will struggle, I see him as akin to a Strome somewhat, Ryan or Dylan, pick your poison.

Sillinger - I think he will have the term better in real life then fantasy applied to him for most of his career, he's a very good player in a lot of areas of the game, he seems to lack that extra little bit of skill/talent to truly be a top line talent. I think he could be on the first line here and there if a team doesn't have the talent to put a true top line out there, but he's more likely better served as a strong 2nd line pivot, or worst case, elite 3rd line C.

Tomasino - This guy is very hard to peg, he will be an NHL player, very little doubt in my mind, I think he has high (not elite) upside, where if he gets lucky and gets good chemistry, could be a future 1st line player that puts up 65-70 points, could very well end up as a 2nd line/middle six player who plays in every situation, is a player every team wants to have, but never puts up big points and is stuck around the 45-60 range.

Mercer - Honestly, see above for Mercer, I think him and Tomasino have the same range and could end up in the same roles.

Kaliyev - Honestly, I know very little about him, so no comment here.

Podkolzin - His teammates love him, think very highly of him, he started the season pretty slow but got better as it got going. Just based off pure skill alone, he is not a top line player, in my mind anyways, but he brings a tenacity and just plain pain in the ass to play against that could earn him a spot somewhere in a top six as he brings an extra flavour to whatever line he is on that a lot of players don't bring. I don't ever see big numbers from him, but in right situation, could see him become a 30/30 type player.

McMichael - Out of everyone here, he probably has the highest offensive upside, he's also struggled the most out of everyone last year as well. I don't see any of the players I've listed (Kaliyev the exception as I don't have a damn clue) who I think will have a real legitimate shot of being ppg players, McMichael is the only one. He has a lot of talent, he just needs to put it together, I'm not entirely sure if he will be able, but if he does I think he's the best of the bunch for just pure points, but I also think he could be the biggest risk.
    I said I wouldn't talk about opportunity because you asked about their careers and who knows where a player might be 3-4 years from now, I think McMichael is the least likely to be moved as he is the caps only true blue chip prospect (all due respect to Lapierre) and that team looks truly awful a few years from now bereft of almost all talent and anchored by elderly, former great stars.

If it was me in a points only league, I think McMichael has the highest ceiling, but is also the least likely to reach it. The safest player I think would be one of Pod/Tom/Mercer. Don't see any of those three putting up more then 70 though.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov