Thread: Blackwood

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Blackwood

What are everybody’s thoughts on Mackenzie Blackwood? He’s young enough to regain the form of that first season but will he? He’s struggled to stay healthy last year but also on an up and coming team. I have a potential trade offer in which I’d acquire him and I’m inclined to take it but I want to know what my fellow dobberites think of him.
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Blackwood

I have him too in a league. Will compete with Vanecek. Should be a 1A1B, but I don’t know yet which one will be the 1A
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have vanecek also so I think it’s worthwhile to make the deal however it will look bad if he gets shuttled to the minors. I still think he could be a good goalie hope to see if others think that.

Dobber Sports Ace

If you're acquiring him via transaction it would be tough to assess without knowing the other half of the transaction. Although I will say, if you're not buying low, you shouldn't be buying.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The offer is Me giving: Hyman/Dostal
    I am getting: Matthieu Joseph/Mackenzie Blackwood/Fagemo/Latter half second round pick

Now I love Dostal but I have vanecek/Swayman as my goalies. Swayman is the future in Boston but Ullmark could very well still get 1A mins. If I secure Blackwood and he turns back to his former self it’s a win. If he doesn’t at least I get a full season (hopefully) between the two and obviously swayman gets priority when he plays. NJ is an up and coming team. Should get decent amount of wins. Hyman is very good on this oilers team and our league is a multicat with hits/PIM but Hyman really was only average in those areas but he had a career season so he is an above average value player. But goalies do have a very significant part of our scoring system. Hopefully that rambling made sense haha!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wouldn't make that deal. I've been somewhat low on Blackwood for a while, and I think unless that 2nd round pick is actually valuable (meaning there are veterans to pick from) I would pass.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
    The offer is Me giving: Hyman/Dostal
    I am getting: Matthieu Joseph/Mackenzie Blackwood/Fagemo/Latter half second round pick
    This is a hard pass for me. I much prefer the Hyman/Dostal side.

Dobber Sports Ace

Agree with others. This feels like the other GM is just trying to recycle his extras, unless that 2nd round pick has real value there's nothing there for you.

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven

Dobber Sports Superstar

The consensus here is pretty clear, pass.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wow ok thanks guys that helps me out a lot!

The Magnificent One

I am a big fan of blackwood but with the devils signing vanecek to a larger contract and the reports that the devils have soured on him I would have to take it at face value and they are going to run vanecek more than blackwood. I still wonder if he is over his injury. Assume blackwood is the backup unless something happens at this point.

Just to add vanecek hasn’t really proven to be elite himself and ia slightly overpaid so who knows but yeah pass for me until we see otherwise from blackwood
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Plenty of teams looking to take the next step forward have brought goalies in much more established than Vanacek to tandem with a young goalie coming off a mediocre season.
    Blackwood owners should be pleased it was Vanacek and not Kuemper/Campbell.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Plenty of teams looking to take the next step forward have brought goalies in much more established than Vanacek to tandem with a young goalie coming off a mediocre season.
    Blackwood owners should be pleased it was Vanacek and not Kuemper/Campbell.
    Except Blackwood didn't have a "mediocre" season. He was bottom of the league in almost every measurable fantasy stat for goalies that played at least 25 games. The year before that when he played 60 games? Even worse. His only "mediocre" season thus far was the one (19-20) that led everyone to believe he was better than mediocre, and even that wasn't that great, the underlying metrics were pretty meh. This is a hard pass still.

Farm (notables):