Thread: How do you handle your minor league players?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default How do you handle your minor league players?

How does the minor league/farm team work for all of your leagues? Are they accessible at all times? Move them up and down for a fee? Once they come up once, they must stay up? Our league has any player under 23 is eligible for the minors, these players can be called up at any time, but to send them down it costs $10. I want to make players a bit more accessible, but if we allow them to be moved up and down, they basically become extra bench players. Just looking for some options.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: How do you handle your minor league players?

I'm in 2 leagues with minor league players. I do not play in money leagues. Both leagues have players accessible at all times. Neither league requires players who are eligible to be in the minors to stay up - the cap league has no restrictions.

The 16 team non-cap league has freedom movement up & down, and were are limited to 9 minor league spots, and the minor leagues are limited to players with limited NHL games played.

The 12 team cap league is limited to 53 minor league spots, but these rosters are more like an AHL roster. There are no limits on age, experience anything. You can call anyone up. You can send anyone down, but if they make over $3M they are subject to waiver claims by other teams.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: How do you handle your minor league players?

to call up a prospects it costs you a transaction

this particular league has max 2 transactions per week

prospect recalls must by posted in the designated chat channel