Thread: Growing impatient (Bobby Ryan)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Growing impatient (Bobby Ryan)

I have 2 NA players on my team (Filatov & Ryan) with one waiver pick left. I have been waiting it out for Ryan to be called up. (Filatov I will hold onto all year for next year.) How much longer do I need to wait for this to happen? I assumed Klee was to help clear some cap room and he is doing well in the \'A\'. So I ask ... yet again, is it time to dump him or keep him. His peak (according to the Dobber report) will be less then 50 pts. If I keep him for next year he will be $6. If he is only going to put up less then 50 pts this year I might be able to draft him again next year for around the same or less.

Possible FA: Clowe, Weight, Chimera, Hudler, Zajac, Moreau. that I am looking at to replace him.

My potential keepers so far are Filatov $7, Getzlaf $15, Kane $17, Sharp $16, Toews $18

We are only allowed to keep 3 forwards so to loose Ryan is really no big deal, unless can get called up and produce.

It seems I am trying to convince myself that I need to make this move, but would like some input on this.

Thanx Eh!
    Forwards: "Nuge", Couture, Moulson, Kovalchuck, St. Louis, D. Roy, N. Backstrom, Downie, Voracek, Stepan, Briere, Purcell, Huberdeau, A. McDonald, Okposo

Defence: Letang, Green, Phaneuf, Carle, Redden

Goalies: Rinne, Lundqvist, Price.

10F, 5D, 3G minumum.

Cat's: G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    Rotisserie 9 team Keeper Leauge (5F, 2D, 1G)

Dobber Sports Sage

First of all; Id be keeping Staal, Getzlaf and Kane... no iffs and or buts about that. Also want to keep Green and Loui for sure... though I dont know about how many D/G you can keep?

Anyways, yeah. Id definitely take a look at Hudler here. He was off to a poor start at the beginning of the year but has been given a 2nd chance now and hasnt disappointed... looks like hes finally clicking on that 2nd line with Zetterberg and Samuelsson though I dont know if that will last wants the Mule is back....

Hudler should grab you at least 55 points... maybe 70 if he continues to play the way he has over the last couple of games. I dont see Ryan producing those kind of numbers for at least a year or two...

Just some thoughts!

Ben
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

ryan wont be called up because the ducks have salary cap issues
    12 team dynasty yahoo h2h g,a,+/-,pim,ppp,gwg,w,gaa,sv%,sho
    center-spezza, getzlaf, stamkos, frolik, oshie
    left wing-cammalleri, osullivan(c), perron
    right wing-boyes, alfredsson, hudler, stafford
    defense-weber, whitney, bieksa, yandle, jack johnson
    goalies-price, steve mason
    ir- erik johnson, vanek

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Staal is $38 next year. Can only keep 3 forwards 2 dmen 1 goalie.
    Forwards: "Nuge", Couture, Moulson, Kovalchuck, St. Louis, D. Roy, N. Backstrom, Downie, Voracek, Stepan, Briere, Purcell, Huberdeau, A. McDonald, Okposo

Defence: Letang, Green, Phaneuf, Carle, Redden

Goalies: Rinne, Lundqvist, Price.

10F, 5D, 3G minumum.

Cat's: G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    Rotisserie 9 team Keeper Leauge (5F, 2D, 1G)

Dobber Sports Sage

Oh, Ok. Then it makes sense to pass on him I suppose... Definitely go with Getz, Toews, Kane then... Though O\'Sullivan will bust out as a superstar next year... Definitely go with Green and Whitney for D and Roberto for G.

But yeah, Id pick up Hudler. He\'ll put up numbers now that Ryan will be flirting with a year or two down the road... 8 points in last 6 games... not bad huh! Grab him before its too late (and don\'t move him unless you want to share the same gloomy feeling Ive felt ever since letting him go! )

Goodluck!

Ben
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'d dump Ryan. Not looking good for him this year. Maybe a handful of games. Plus they\'re now meeting with Sundin. If, by some chance, they can get him signed, that would seal Ryans\' fate for the year...if its not already.

And I\'d probably take Clowe then Hudler. But you can\'t go wrong wih either. Unless injuries hit, of course
    I feel sorry for people that don\\\'t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that\\\'s as good as they\\\'re going to feel all day. - F. Sinatra

MacLiii

I\'m very interested in the responses as I have the exact same 2 players waiting on. The difference, is I have no cap issues and am allowed to keep 14 players from my roster at season\'s end. I just don\'t get why the Ducks are talking to Sundin as Ryan has nothing left to prove in the AHL, was their leading scorer in pre-season and would cost much less towards the cap hit than Sundin. I plan on holding both for a while longer, but have no such talent as Hudler available. I might be tempted to go after him for Ryan.

Dobber Sports Guru

definitely hudler > ryan for this year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Word on the strret is the Ducks want Sundin...so nobody else can get him. That would make Ryan\'s chances pretty much at 0%.
    Hudler would get my vote also, maybe take a look at Zajac too.