Thread: 12 from 18 Who to Keep and Who top Cut?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default 12 from 18 Who to Keep and Who top Cut?

18 players in this list.
    I can keep one goalie, and of the forwards and defense, can keep another 11...so 12 total keepers.
    Who to keep and who to cut loose? Multi-category/bangers.

16 Teams-37 on Roster/22 Start
    A/Blk/G/FOW/HT/Hits/Assists/SOG/PIM/PPP/SHP/GWG/+ -/GWG/Saves/Wins/Save%/SHO
    F: Guentzel/Forsberg/Raymond/Luc Dubois/Konecny/Keller/Jack Hughes/Larkin/Laine/Jarvis/Boldy
    D: Ekblad/Samuelsson/Werenski/Byram
    G: Merzlikins/Oettinger/Campbell
    F: Guentzel/Forsberg/Raymond/Luc Dubois/Konecny/Keller/Jack Hughes/Larkin/Laine/Jarvis/Boldy

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: 12 from 18 Who to Keep and Who top Cut?

Raymond
    Hughes
    Larkin
    Jarvis
    Boldy
    Ekblad
    Oettinger
    Campbell
    Byram
    Geuntzel
    Dubois

I think the others are either on teams that have a downward trajectory or simply dont provide enough category coverage. I could be persuaded on Laine or Konecny, but there are some uncertainties there and the overall team composition looks young so I went in that direction unless there was an obvious categorical benefit. I would try to trade Guentzel and Keller, that opens the door for the aformentioned 2 if you can make it happen. The combo of Geuntzel, Keller, Werenski could easily land you a franchise piece and then some.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

The Great One

What is the positional make-up of the 22 player starting line-up?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Newbie

Center/LW/RW = 3 each
    Defense = 6
    Forward = 1
    Skater = 2
    Enforce = 2
    Goalie = 2

Dobber Sports Grand Master

First : what is enforcer's scoring? You really don't have an enforcer type to keep, but I'm wondering.

Goalie: Oettinger. I'd much prefer to deal Campbell who I feel is less proven, and has Leafs hype to cash in on.

That leaves 11 from these 14 for me (Samuelsson is not a factor):
    D: Ekblad/Werenski/Byram

I think I'd want to keep the 3 D, unless Byram doesn't seem like a good fit with your scoring.

Of the Forwards, I'd try and trade Forsberg for sure. Konecny is probably not a keeper for me, given the Flyers' woes. I'd aim to consolidate say Forsberg/Campbell to a better keeper, and see what else you can do. If Byram is kept you'll need 1 or possibly 2 more cuts - if you get a better keeper in trade.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    First : what is enforcer's scoring? You really don't have an enforcer type to keep, but I'm wondering.

Goalie: Oettinger. I'd much prefer to deal Campbell who I feel is less proven, and has Leafs hype to cash in on.

That leaves 11 from these 14 for me (Samuelsson is not a factor):
    D: Ekblad/Werenski/Byram

I think I'd want to keep the 3 D, unless Byram doesn't seem like a good fit with your scoring.

Of the Forwards, I'd try and trade Forsberg for sure. Konecny is probably not a keeper for me, given the Flyers' woes. I'd aim to consolidate say Forsberg/Campbell to a better keeper, and see what else you can do. If Byram is kept you'll need 1 or possibly 2 more cuts - if you get a better keeper in trade.
    Pretty much the way I would go. BTW, I'm also curious as to what "Enforce" means??

I would shop both Campbell and Elvis packaged up with some of the names that have already been suggested to try and upgrade one of your keeper spots. I'm not sure what the goalie story is in your league but I would seriously consider keeping the likes of Laine or Konecny over Campbell or Elvis but it depends on your ability to draft a decent goalie option vice keeping one or both of those two. Swinging a deal could clear that problem up.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

I somehow missed Forsberg when I was making my list. I would add him to the trade bait list though. As an owner I think you would be hard-pressed to get better value than right now.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson