Default Ottenger for Boston Tandem

Ottenger and Brink for Ullmark and Swayman

League in signature
    14 team Keep all category based Dynasty league

scoring Category’s are G,A, PTS, SOG, BLKs, Hits, FOW, W, SVs, SV% and GAA

C-Draisatle, Eichel, Jenner, Gourde, Malkin, Crosby

LW- Guadreau , Marchand, Chandler Stephenson , Pacioretty

RW-Patrick Kane, Hathaway, Rienhart, Laine , Stone

D-Makar, Towes, Ristolainen, R.Andersson,Burns , Pietrangelo, McAvoy, Provonov

G- Andersen , Allen, Brobovsky

Minors

C-Hirovinen, Klimovich, Lafferty, J.McBain, J.Roy, Brad Lamburt, Rossi

LW-J. Doan, A.Nylander, R.Lomberg, Kuzmenko

RW- E.Bemstrom, C.Caufield, Jenik, Koivunen,

D- Sandin, Barron, K.Guhle, Timmons, Soderstrom, Niemela

G- Woll, Swayman, Logan Thompson

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Ottenger for Boston Tandem

The Otter side easily for me unless I'm overlooking a stat/setting.

Boston is gonna be pretty bad to start the year next yr, and maybe Dallas would be too but Oettinger will at least be the #1 and you don't need to use 2 roster spots for a starter.

I get the idea of selling high on Oettinger, but acquiring 2 goalies on a team on the fall isn't the sell high to look for.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I prefer Oettinger. He is an a great goalie and I cant see a scenario where he isnt getting the majority of starts. I wouldnt move him for a tandem.

Dobber Sports Icon

As much as I like the Boston tandem, I think you’re better off sticking with Oettenger. He looks to be turning into a true #1 goalie which is getting more and more rare in the league. So I wouldn’t be rushing to move him for a tandem.

With the uncertainty in Boston, you’re probably better off waiting to see how that pans out as well. Swayman could end up being as good as Oett someday, but he’s likely a couple of years away from that point at least.

Thanks for the input. Goalies are extremely valuable in my league. Most teams carry four goalies+ minor eligible goalies. Spot starting goalies are impossible and if one of my goalies get injured Id could be hard pressed to get my Minimum starts. That’s why I feel that 82 games of Boston may help me.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    Thanks for the input. Goalies are extremely valuable in my league. Most teams carry four goalies+ minor eligible goalies. Spot starting goalies are impossible and if one of my goalies get injured Id could be hard pressed to get my Minimum starts. That’s why I feel that 82 games of Boston may help me.
    Agree with the others so far - keep Otter.

In reference to your "worry" about starts - I play with some VERY astute GM's, and not a single one of them had Vejmelka, E.Kallgren, L.Thompson, S.Wedgewood, S.Montembeault, etc., etc. in their plans/on their teams. There will always be options to fill out GP's if you "have" to (not great options, but also not great odds that you guys all go down injured at the same time).

Spot starting is actually more available that it "appears to be" once the season actually gets rolling imo.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The Otter side easily for me unless I'm overlooking a stat/setting.

Boston is gonna be pretty bad to start the year next yr, and maybe Dallas would be too but Oettinger will at least be the #1 and you don't need to use 2 roster spots for a starter.

I get the idea of selling high on Oettinger, but acquiring 2 goalies on a team on the fall isn't the sell high to look for.
    This is sage advice. First off, I think Oettinger is the best goalie in this deal with the most opportunity. Further, I think the current situation with the Bruins is big time concerning. They are aging, devastated with injuries and then, for reasons which defy logic, they toast the coach. We'll see what happens, but the Bruin Tandem will conceivably not have the value next year than it did this year. That pushes me over the top, I'm passing on this offer.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

I prefer Ottenger side by a fair margin.

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Agree with the others so far - keep Otter.

In reference to your "worry" about starts - I play with some VERY astute GM's, and not a single one of them had Vejmelka, E.Kallgren, L.Thompson, S.Wedgewood, S.Montembeault, etc., etc. in their plans/on their teams. There will always be options to fill out GP's if you "have" to (not great options, but also not great odds that you guys all go down injured at the same time).

Spot starting is actually more available that it "appears to be" once the season actually gets rolling imo.
    Well in my league goalies are minor eligible until they start In 70 games so all minor eligible goalies are hoarded. All of those goalies you mentioned are owned.

Dobber Sports Titan

You have Oettinger(Starter), Gibson (Starter), and Allen (Starter). You're fine at goalie. You could even see Toronto acquire Gibson which would make your move of Oettinger for 2 Boston goalies even worse. Allen will 100% be the starter for MTL, and they'll be better. You should be fine at goalie this yr.

If you want to move a 55 start goalie for 2 guys who will get 82 games and both options finish close in wins go ahead though.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    Well in my league goalies are minor eligible until they start In 70 games so all minor eligible goalies are hoarded. All of those goalies you mentioned are owned.
    Oh I don't doubt they're all owned NOW - but I would be stunned if someone had Vejmelka or E.Kallgren on their roster prior to the season starting.

So yeah, you have to be ready to make an add as the waters start to get clearer, I'm just suggesting though that there are more goalies than we "think" each year who all of a sudden become relevant.

Like do GMs in your league already have guys like Magnus Hellberg and Strauss Mann rostered? If so, I'd imagine they only got added at the end of last season and haven't been kept for years? That's the goalie "churn" you can always find - even in a league that hoards minors-eligible goalies.

Or at least that's been my personal experience! Good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep Oettinger. I think you're okay in goal, but Allen is not good enough to be a NHL starter, and needs upgrading. I understand the issue about spot starting problems, but you need more minors goalies rostered if you need to cover things like that. I'd move some minors D for G if you can.

I'm a league with more rostered players than you, and I can generally find goalies to pick up, but they may not be young guys - more like Europeans coming over. I agree with the poster above that you can find goalies to slot into minors in most leagues, however Vejmelka wasn't going to be one of them before the season, unless it's a shallow league, and this one isn't.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Another Otter vote. Hands down for all the reasons above.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Thanks for the imput guys

Dobber Sports Rookie

Oettinger is most likely the 3rd best goaltender in the league. I think the side getting Oettinger easily wins this trade.