Thread: Kreider outlook

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kreider outlook

He’s old and has been a 25ish goals guy for his career, so he should regress right? But his team got way better recently, is that enough reason to think he’ll go 40goals+ and 65-75 points for the next year or two?
    What do the experts say? I haven’t looked at his advanced stats and all that, curious to hear some takes.
    Thanks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Kreider outlook

40 goals, no. 60-65 points, very possible. He's paced for 55-60 recently, and the team has improved. I'd feel like 30 is the high end of goals I'd feel comfortable projecting, and that would be a high excluding this year, but he's paced for that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Star

Kreider's shooting percentage was above 20% this year, which is very high. His career shooting percentage is a little under 15%, even with this year's outlier. At a maximum, we should expect fewer than 39 goals if he regresses to his career shooting percentage. If he has bad luck comparable to this year's good luck, his goals should be in the 20s, instead of the 30s, 40s or 52.

That being said, the Rangers' set up looks to be, from Kreider's perspective, pretty much the same next year. He'll probably skate with Zibanejad and have his set-up man. PP1 time again. I think that if you go in expecting in the neighborhood of 35-30-65, that's a reasonable baseline.

Dobber Sports Monster

I would not bank on 40. It's possible, but I expect him to regress down to the 30 goal range. Not many players can sustain that high sh% or close to it, but I do like his situation in New York so sign me up for 30-35 next year. It is worth noting that the year before he had a high sh% of 19.6% too, but that said his average is 15%. Which is quite high, but he's probably due to go back down to 11-14% range.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Regress, totally, but I don't think it will be a total regression into his old numbers. This is the 1st year he's pretty much been locked into that 1st pp spot and what a PP it is as well, Fox on the backend, Ziba in the center, Panarin dishing the puck to whomever whenever, he is clearly the trigger on that pp along with Ziba. That pp unit has great chemistry and there is no reason to break it up. His shooting % is clearly too high, but when you have an elite playmaker like Panarin and an elite D like Fox (also Ziba who is no slouch) they are able to feed you the puck for easy tap ins a lot of the time, I think his shooting % will decrease as well but should still stay above 15%, bar bad puck luck.

I think a safe floor to expect from him is 30ish goals, with a reasonable expectation of him getting to or close to 40, I doubt he gets much over 40 and would put money down he doesn't even come close to sniffing 50 goals.
    I think he has at best 2 more years of this kind of production, as a lot of his game is based off his speed and the legs are the first thing to usually go on players.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports All-Star

37 goals and 26 assists. Somewhere in those numbers give or take a helper or two. 60-65 points seems realistic as long as he plays with Ziba and gets PP1 time.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not expecting anywhere near the goals he scored but he will still be a solid producer for years. Regression in goals and should land in the 65ish point range.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd sure like to know how many NHL players at the age of 31 basically triple their points production? The thing is, Kreider actually "broke out" last year. I don't think too many folks thought he would take that up turn to the level that he did this year, basically tripling his production from his best years to that point. Quite amazing. Krieder was a nice own in multi cat leagues early on but he never was able to take his offence to another level. This year and last, WOW! I'm not absolutely sure what to expect from Krieder next year but there are a few indicators that point to him being a 65 point player and not a 40 point player. First, the environment with the NYR is not what it was a few years back, this team is a legit cup contender. Krieder has seized this environment, he is talented no doubt and he is now a savy veteran and a leader that the coach absolutely trusts and his deployment now reflects that. A win win. That is not likely to change next year. As others have already pointed out, the year he has had and the numbers he has put up are likely not fully sustainable, but a big time regression is likely not going to happen. As a last point, from Dobber's ramblings, there is a little bit more to Kris Krieder than most people realized, his success recently is well earned and honestly maybe we all got caught a bit short and didn't fully appreciate this guys game and potential. I'm certainly guilty as charged:

"Chris Kreider now has the record (tied) for most playoff goals in franchise history. In New York Rangers history. His goal on Sunday was his 34th postseason goal for a team that started 96 years ago. Here are the all-time leaders for the Rangers:

Rod Gilbert/Chris Kreider 34
    Mark Messier 29
    Adam Graves/Ron Duguay/Brian Leetch 28"
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am not expecting anywhere near the goals he scored but he will still be a solid producer for years. Regression in goals and should land in the 65ish point range.

This is what I’m thinking as well