Thread: Looking for good resources for the upcoming entry draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Looking for good resources for the upcoming entry draft

Hey everyone my entry draft for me dynasty league is coming up in a few weeks, i'm wondering if there's any websites/ rankings i should be checking out to get familiar with the 2022 draft class

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Looking for good resources for the upcoming entry draft

Ummmm...Dobber Prospect report? Pretty much has everything you need. I use it every year and my team in my signature has alot of the results in it.

Keep in mind that I recently traded away, Denisenko, Perreault, Dorofeyev, Merzlikins, Boldy, so to say that it's worked for me is an understatement
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think the website you are already on is pretty hard to beat to help you with your draft. The Prospects section of the site and Dobber's Prospect Report are about as good as it gets IMO. There are numerous other sources of information out there but that all adds up to information overload, it's not worth the hours to wade through that data, I typically go with what the Dobber team puts together and I among countless others have been successful in doing so. This stuff is as good or better than anything out there!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

I always get Dobber's Prospect guide and if I had to get one it would be that one. (Plus, I want to support this site as well.) I like Will Scouch's videos and blog. There's a lot of free stuff on the HF Boards but you really have to sift through a lot of amateur stuff to find the quality. I always read Last Word on Hockey Prospects as well as the Athletic's prospect information even though that is not geared for fantasy.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; June 5, 2022 at 11:36 AM. Reason: missed word
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I always get Dobber's Prospect guide and if I had to get one it would be that one. (Plus, I want to support this site as well.) I like Will Scouch's videos and blog. There's a lot of free stuff on the HF Boards but you really have to sift through a lot of amateur stuff to find the quality. I always read Last Word on Hockey Prospects as well as the Athletic's prospect information even though that is not geared for fantasy.
    RE: the Athletic, I personally think Pronman is a shill nowadays. I like Scott Wheeler but I just don't feel like Pronman tries anymore. I really respected Pronman until he got big and at that point it seemed like he either didn't have time or didn't have the desire to make quality content anymore. Most of his evaluations are copy pastes of a template that sounds like a broken record and there's a lot of hedging with statements like "Does X really well but worried about Y" when comparing 2 characteristics of the same category. He's very non-committal and all his his appraisals end up sounding the same when talking about players in the same tier.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Any ranking information provided for free by the site you draft on is useful, in almost any league.

This is more to gauge what the default groupthink may be, and especially to be aware what an autodrafter will be doing. I realize auto drafting happens less in dynasty, but it's something to make sure you have info on.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    RE: the Athletic, I personally think Pronman is a shill nowadays. I like Scott Wheeler but I just don't feel like Pronman tries anymore. I really respected Pronman until he got big and at that point it seemed like he either didn't have time or didn't have the desire to make quality content anymore. Most of his evaluations are copy pastes of a template that sounds like a broken record and there's a lot of hedging with statements like "Does X really well but worried about Y" when comparing 2 characteristics of the same category. He's very non-committal and all his his appraisals end up sounding the same when talking about players in the same tier.
    I 100% agree with you. I put way too great of an emphasis on Pronman's work when I first started subscribing to the Athletic a couple years ago but I've done a 180 on him. His rating scale seems lazy with seemingly half of all ratings being "NHL Average." Right now- Wright is listed as "NHL Average" for 5 of Pronman's categories out of 6. The only category Wright is listed as "Above NHL Average" is hockey sense. Slafkovsky is average for everything except puck skills. Cooley on the other hand is rated as "Above NHL Average) for all 6 of his categories yet he is ranked at #3.

And then some of his ratings are just head scratchers. He had Zegras as "NHL Average" for puck skills late into his prospect years. If Zegras wasn't elite for puck skills as a prospect then who it? And throughout the year, he is a master at copying and pasting his comments for multiple articles. Sure, I still continue to read and listen to Pronman since I get the content and it is hockey prospect entertainment after all but he is not someone I would seek out for prospect advice.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov