Thread: Forsberg and Miller (REP)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Forsberg and Miller (REP)

Team and league in sig

Considering trading one or both. Do I need to keep both this next season to try and win or would it better to move on from one or both given that they may have hit career highs this past season?

I have a little more confidence in JT to continue to produce at a reasonable pace but how much value would I lose if I didn't trade him now and could I get enough back to stay competitive this year.

I was close this year but my team just shit the bed the first week of the playoffs. I have the 9th overall and a few decent prospects to try and make something happen in addition to the aformentioned guys.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Forsberg and Miller (REP)

You do have some nice prospects but honestly, I wouldn't count on any of them to contribute next year to the degree necessary for you to win a championship. Accordingly, I'm not making a trade that forces you to count on a guy or two coming off the farm and filling a hole created by trading one or both of Miller and Forsberg. If you do pursue a trade, and you are indeed a contender next year, then you need to improve your team with proven NHL players, not prospects just stating their careers. I would suggest perhaps packaging one of Miller or Forsberg with some of your prospects and try and land a player that is clearly an upgrade on the guys you already have and on the veteran player you have moved. If nothing works out for you, sticking with what you have is not the end of the world (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf