Thread: Another keeper thread

Dobber Sports Star

Default Another keeper thread

I have quite a few players going back into the pool this year. Since we only keep 4 and 1 must be a goalie or d-man, it makes decisions a bit difficult.
    McDavis and Kuch or a lock, for my 3rd skater I'm actually leaning towards Brady Tkuchuk over Eichel because he's a beast with my cats and only getting better, along with the Sens. An argument could even be had for JT Miller. Most teams have 4 solid keepers, there's a few with less than spectacular keepers that I might be able to move Eichel, Miller or a goalie for pics. So, the issue becomes, do I keep one of my goalies or look to package guys for top defenseman and not keep a goalie??? The Josi owner won't keep him as he also has Makar, so I could look to work on a deal, but, would Josi be a better own than either goalie?

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Another keeper thread

If one of your keepers has to be a goalie or defenseman than Helly is clearly the best of the lot. Package Demko and anything else you like for whatever upgrade you feel suits you best or gets the best value.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Icon

I think you’re on the right track with your F keepers. While I like Helle as a keeper G for sure, I don’t mind the idea of sending Eichel for Josi if you can get him.

What do the keeper forwards look like for the Vasi or Shesterkin owners? If they are a little weaker it might be worth offering Eichel/Helle for one of those two Gs

Dobber Sports Superstar

In a keep 4 your are looking to put a package together to land a truly elite player, whether a forward, D or a Goalie. I think others are on track in suggesting a package to land the likes of Josi, Shesterkin or Vasi. The bottom line here is you need to target the best of the best and see what you can pry loose with the assets you have and a goalie or a D Man are certainly your priority. As a last point, there are only two goalies (already mentioned) that are likely an upgrade on Hellebuyck. I'd pursue that first, but be prepared to move on and try to acquire the best D or F that you can (if you keep Hellebuyck) or a D if you are not keeping Hellebuyck.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I think you’re on the right track with your F keepers. While I like Helle as a keeper G for sure, I don’t mind the idea of sending Eichel for Josi if you can get him.

What do the keeper forwards look like for the Vasi or Shesterkin owners? If they are a little weaker it might be worth offering Eichel/Helle for one of those two Gs
    Both are set with their keepers. It wouldn't help them.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

In a 10-team league, I think the guys you have bolded are the ideal.

Of course if you can upgrade in a keep 4 it's fantastic - but I'd have ZERO issue walking into next season with the 4 you have and feel like I could draft and compete for the year.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Star

Do any of you think Brady Tkachuk is a better keep than Eichel with mt setup...especially with only 2 per position and center being the easier to fill? I also don't think we've seen the best of Tkachuk yet. I think the Josi owner would be willing to trade Josi for Eichel straight up as he won't be keeping him. Or this will at least get the ball rolling.

PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    2019*, 2023

Konecny(L/R)
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Do any of you think Brady Tkachuk is a better keep than Eichel with mt setup...especially with only 2 per position and center being the easier to fill? I also don't think we've seen the best of Tkachuk yet. I think the Josi owner would be willing to trade Josi for Eichel straight up as he won't be keeping him. Or this will at least get the ball rolling.
    I think that in your setup, Tkachuk and Eichel could go either way. If Eichel is truly healthy he could end up being an elite guy. But Brady is a beast in these formats. I have no issue at all moving Eichel for Josi.

Keeping McDavid/Kucherov/Tkachuk/Josi should set you up very well

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    I would do that deal, and I would keep Tkachuk over Eichel considering positional things.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.