Thread: Tear my team apart!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Tear my team apart!

Team in signature. I think I have a very good team for a 24 team dynasty league, but have not won in a few years, mostly due to bad luck in H2H playoffs.

Are there any areas you think I should improve on? Or just be patient?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tear my team apart!

Goaltending is your issue. I would think that if you address this with one of the top guys, or gamble on acquiring a guy like Gibson today and hope for a trade you'd sort out the "H2H playoffs bad luck". I know Samsonov is a good prospect goalie to own, but if you wait on him too much then you'll waste Josi.

That's really the only area in a 24 team dynasty I see as a hole.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Goaltending for sure needs help, also your center position, although with Trotz gone i do see a real possibility of Barzal living up to his name value in fantasy

It also looks like you have too many wingers, not sure how many you start , but assets who should start being on the bench hurt you , no matter how much you like them.

Good luck!
    12 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)

Dealers
    C- Couture, Karlsson, Mcdavid, Monohan, Pageau, Cirelli
    W- Draistl, Pacioretty, Rust, Duclair, Hornquist, Domi, Oshie
    D-Hamilton, Jones , Heiskenen, Spurgeon, OEL, Provorov, Klingberg
    G- Bobrovsky, Lehner, Hart
    Rossi, White, Zegras, Bunting, Kunin, Tracey, Wiesblatt, Coghlan, Holl, Johansson, Myers, Zub, Soucy, Spence, Thompson, Blomqvist, Dostal, Hofer, Ingram, Johannsson, Luukkonen, Sogaard, Tarasov

Dobber Sports Deity

Yep, goaltending is hurting you right now. In a 24 team league, it's tough to improve that area unless you are willing to part with a large sum.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

your Wings are so good that i would dangle Tkachuk to see if you can land Vasil, Igor ... or dangle Meier see if you can get Helly or Saros.

Otherwise you are pretty stacked.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

How many start at each position, and which, if any, of your players have C/W dual eligibility?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yep, goaltending is hurting you right now. In a 24 team league, it's tough to improve that area unless you are willing to part with a large sum.
    Definitely agree. The teams with top goalies know how valuable they are in a 24 team league, so it takes a huge overpay to acquire. That is my struggle for sure.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    How many start at each position, and which, if any, of your players have C/W dual eligibility?
    we start 3 centers, 5 wingers, 4 Dmen, and 1 goalie. Unfortunately none of my players have duel eligibility anymore.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Goaltending is your issue. I would think that if you address this with one of the top guys, or gamble on acquiring a guy like Gibson today and hope for a trade you'd sort out the "H2H playoffs bad luck". I know Samsonov is a good prospect goalie to own, but if you wait on him too much then you'll waste Josi.

That's really the only area in a 24 team dynasty I see as a hole.
    Thanks for the reply. The Gibson owner would trade him to me straight up for Caufield. What is everyone’s thoughts on Gibby rebounding and/or being dealt to a contender?

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm not doing the Gibson deal until I know he's a Leaf.

With goalie wins worth 3.5pts and that's the only way goalies can contribute, Gibson is worth as much as Allen and Samsonov today. All 3 are 15-25w goalies. So that makes them 52.5-87.5pt goalies. Caufield is a 30g/30a, 20hit, 10block, 225sog player. So he'd be 60+30+0.2+0.1+22.5=112.8pts. And Caufield could be up towards a 35goals and I wouldn't be surprised.

Simply not worth the risk today.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Unfortunately, like most of us, you are deep in the Goalie shit show syndrome (:

I will only offer this word of caution, if you go out and seriously over pay for a Goalie (which you will likely have to do), it's a 50/50 chance or worse that you will be disappointed. The reality here is that Samsonov could very well be as good or better a goalie own next year than the guy you over payed for. I'm not suggesting you don't see what kind of a deal you can make, but at the same time I'm not selling the farm on a 50/50 or worse chance. IMO, losing Caulfield to acquire Gibson is a perfect example of what I am saying. Gibson could win the Vezina next year, chances are though, he is average at best and it cost you one of the best prospect forwards in the NHL.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm not doing the Gibson deal until I know he's a Leaf.
    Once (if) he's a Leaf, the price will skyrocket, especially in a league that overvalues goalies.

Having said that, while I think there is a decent chance Gibson is traded, I'm not sure how he would fit with the Leafs cap structure. Currently they have only $7.8m in cap space, with only 17 contracts on the books. They need another 6 players, which is going to tough enough, without squeezing in Gibson's $6.4m contract for the next 5 years. It will be interesting to see what the Leafs do! Their best option might be to keep Campbell if they can get him at a more reasonable cap hit.

But back to the point of the thread. Goaltending is definitely your biggest weakness on paper. I was high on Samson a couple years ago, and while I still think he has potential, I am a lot less certain about him that I used to be. He's not an ideal starter if your goal is to win now. But in general, with only one goalie stat category, you're playing in a league that doesn't place a significant value on goalies. The most valuable goalies in your league last year would have been Vasilevskiy and Bobrovskiy - each worth 136.5 pts. In comparison, both are worth less than a forward like Fiala (who is great, but hardly one of the best in the league), who would have been worth 151.5 points.

So if everyone else in your league is overvaluing goalies, I would let them, and focus on your skaters. D points being worth double is pretty juicy (I assume that means G's are worth 4 points, and A's are worth 2pts?). I'd pursue an upgrade on your blue line - somebody who scores more goals and maybe had a down year last year. Dougie Hamilton comes to mind. I'd also focus more on shooters/goal scorers in general. I'd be trying to upgrade some of your "name value" players like Barzal, Scheifele, and Jones, for player with more points value.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You need to fix your problems in net.

Allen right now is the Canadiens starting goalie. the problem is he's not NHL starter caliber, really.
    Samsonov is probably a NHL starting caliber goalie, but he may not be one next season.

I want no part of Gibson in a deal for Caulfield. If Gibson gets dealt to a good team, well, that's great. If he doesn't that's bad. I'd look to get Vanacek. That would lock up a starting golaie on a decent team, and he should be somewhat cheap. Maybe Allen & a little something gets that done, maybe not.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd look to get Vanacek.
    This approach makes a lot of sense.

Both Samsonov and Vanecek are RFA's, so it will be interesting to see what Washington does. The GM said he's open to bringing both back, but also mentioned that finding a veteran goalie is a priority. I generally expect they will keep Samsonov as their goalie of the future (and maybe the present). Assuming I am correct that Samsonov stays, I think making a trade for his partner is a smart/affordable way to shore up your goaltending in the short term. But probably best to wait and see how that situation plays out before making any decisions.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**