Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada and Canadian Hockey League

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada and Canadian Hockey League

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    the players with the non disclosure agreements cant say anything at all (I'm assuming)so arent we getting to the point where its possible it was also some non team canada players involved ?

I lost count but it feels like we're at 6 team canada guys left now that comtois made his statement
    8-9 are left:
    - Dube
    - Katchouk
    - Steenbergen
    - Batherson
    - McLeod
    - Howden - Released a statement, missed it.
    - Formenton
    - Bean
    - Hart (Did release a statement, but it didn't really deny things)

I did read something where because it's an event in London ON, maybe there's some guys who were not on Team Canada, it was friends of people who were on Team Canada who played in London (Formenton, Thomas). However, the big question now is the 1999 born being 2 of the 8, but of the 8-9 above, only Formenton is born in 1999.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Howden's agent release a statement yesterday denying "....any interaction ...with the complainant"

https://twitter.com/joshkelliott/status/1549847645153263616?s=20&t=elb5XJPVUqzPyj0FHU8gCA

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Howden's agent release a statement yesterday denying "....any interaction ...with the complainant"

https://twitter.com/joshkelliott/status/1549847645153263616?s=20&t=elb5XJPVUqzPyj0FHU8gCA
    Now that's a statement. Prolly one of the better statements out there, even though it's pretty meaningless now as everyone will eventually release one.

The bar in question where the 1st John Doe picked up the woman was Jacks and there's "Bar Photographer Photo's" with Howden, McLeod and Batherson at the bar together. Doesn't mean much but it's def a "ok, you def know who was the 1st guy" to me.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Now that's a statement. Prolly one of the better statements out there, even though it's pretty meaningless now as everyone will eventually release one.

The bar in question where the 1st John Doe picked up the woman was Jacks and there's "Bar Photographer Photo's" with Howden, McLeod and Batherson at the bar together. Doesn't mean much but it's def a "ok, you def know who was the 1st guy" to me.
    Batherson ?

Dobber Sports Titan

The 2003 Canada Team is now under investigation for sexual assault. What has happened is still kinda not known, but HC is saying they opened the investigation 2 weeks ago, but Rick Westhead reached out last night saying he's got a report he's going to release soon but wants to give HC a chance to say something first.

--EDIT--
    Hockey Canada learned about it after Rick Westhead contacted them, and then contacted Halifax Police about it. I don't know where I got the 2 weeks thing from.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

On reading... a lot of these statements still allow that the person could've "been in the room".
    For me, there's a few tiers of words used in statements that can clear some of these guys:

BEST: "not in attendance" (Mete, Clague, Kyrou)
    NEXT BEST: "asleep" (Fabbro)
    ALSO GOOD: "did not witness" (Thomas)
    SUPER GOOD: "no personal knowledge of what occurred" (Timmins)
    PROBABLY GOOD: "no involvement" "not involved" (several). IDK - this still keeps the door open for being in the room, but not making any action. I'm 50/50 on this one. I would think... in the world of law... if you are "in the room"... you should qualify as "involved". IDK.
    IFFY/SHADY: "no wrong doing" - for me, these are guys that could've been in the room and complied with previous "police" investigation for "wrong doing" (subjective?). *Personally, I'd rather see a player statement as "no involvement" than "no wrong doing"... so this is key difference in word-choice*
    PRETTY BAD: word phrasing that avoids "witness, involvement, wrong doing".
    WORST: ----- (as of today, Batherson, McLeod, Steenbergen, and Formenton... the first three pictured at the bar, the 4th underage on that night. I see this as major issue for Formenton - even if he wasn't John Doe1)

As for exact copy statements... its either good or bad... but IS super interesting.
    Raddysh & Point, for example, are both represented by Wasserman Hockey.
    So either both were in the room, or both were not.
    They are going to have the same statements, of course.
    A tell, would be if other members represented by Wasserman Hockey (I think there was 6) have something different for a statement.
    AND... this IS interesting IMO... because Wasserman Hockey first came out with an overall statement covering all 6-7 of their guys on that 2018 WJC team.
    So now... seeing individual statements for Raddysh & Point - probably wanting a clearer absolution - is... quite interesting.

The order of statements, IMO, doesn't mean much.
    A very keen agent/lawyer is getting "ahead of this" by releasing... some form of statement.

Still curious on Lawman's thoughts - if he pops in - on the selected "words" used in various statements.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

NEW 2:35pm...
    per Rick Westhead's twitter... City of London Police have re-opened the case.
    https://www.londonpolice.ca/en/news/...of-police.aspx

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    BEST: "not in attendance" (Mete, Clague, Kyrou)
    Thanks!
    I like Mete and had not seen anything yet on him. +best! (I haven't looked outside this thread for info)
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Oh boy. The supposed allegations of the 2003 team are worse than the 2018 team. I really hope Fleury wasn’t apart of it if it proves to be true.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    WORST: ----- (as of today, Batherson, McLeod, Steenbergen, and Formenton... the first three pictured at the bar, the 4th underage on that night. I see this as major issue for Formenton - even if he wasn't John Doe1)
    Playing devil's advocate (or maybe just trying to make myself feel better since I have Batherson in a keeper league)...

It's easy to look at the silence from Batherson, McLeod, and Steenbergen - who we know were at the bar - and take that to mean they're guilty as sin and are keeping quiet in hopes of not making things worse. But it's also possible that one or even all of them are witnesses and have been told not to say anything by lawyers, agents, Hockey Canada, or the police (unlikely since the London Police only just reopened their investigation in a move that smacks of CYA and not the pursuit of justice).
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

The Great One

Here’s the problem with this and the 2003 incident…no one is going to be able to prove anything. Physical evidence is long gone. Both are going to be “ he said, she said” situations. We all know how that goes. If any action is taken against these players without substantive court action (which, as I’ve said, seems highly unlikely), the NHL opens itself up to considerable legal action. I doubt this all really ends up in any action at all. Hopefully it results in culture change. I think that’s all we can hope for at this point.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports All-Star

(2003) Carlo Coliacovo and Parenteau have both come out and said they weren’t involved are are shocked at the allegations. Whoever was there in 2003 and 2018 have to know something about the events. Players who win medals together and spend weeks if not months together trying to win a prestigious competition get very close. It’s all fun and games until it gets out, when that happens people talk within an inner circle. The challenge is to get the truth out.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Here’s the problem with this and the 2003 incident…no one is going to be able to prove anything. Physical evidence is long gone. Both are going to be “ he said, she said” situations. We all know how that goes. If any action is taken against these players without substantive court action (which, as I’ve said, seems highly unlikely), the NHL opens itself up to considerable legal action. I doubt this all really ends up in any action at all. Hopefully it results in culture change. I think that’s all we can hope for at this point.
    Isn't there allegedly a video for the 2003 incident?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I suppose if they can start getting the players to turn on eachother .

''yeah , I was there but I wasnt the one who stopped her from leaving'' kinda statements

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Isn't there allegedly a video for the 2003 incident?
    From TSN: "The statement was released after Conservative MP John Nater, a member of the Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage, told TSN on Thursday he plans to ask Hockey Canada on July 27 to respond to allegations that more than a half-dozen players on the 2003 World Junior team were recorded during the tournament having sex with a woman who was naked and non-responsive." https://www.tsn.ca/sexual-assault-al...20having%20sex