Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada and Canadian Hockey League

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada and Canadian Hockey League

I'd imagine the players lawyers focus is to talk to london police about it before HC . If HC releases their names / suspends them from any future HC events while the criminal investigation is ongoing seems dicey .

Dobber Sports Demi-God

From what I've read... a lot of players granted "conditional" interviews with London police back in 2018.
    An "if absolutely needed" sort of thing.

I read something that most of them had bags packed and loaded on the next day golf event and many were out-of-town by the time London police came calling.

There gets to be more substance to a story with the text messages and phone calls that follow the event.
    London police (possibly) didn't have enough to go forward with anything. And the girl was probably really shook up and worried.
    A few years roll by, victims may have a support network to come forward properly with everything they have to say.
    And there's a paper trail (in the wake of the event) that can aid in any investigation.

Good to see something being done about it now.
    Though HockeyCanada can't say it... making an example out of these 2018 boys is probably the best medicine to keep this shit from happening... as often. {sigh}

Speaking towards the general topic.
    It IS a bit amazing, to me (having grown up with half a foot into the upper-echelon athlete door and half a foot out) that so many people are UNAWARE what dumb-******** 14-20yr old male athletes can be.
    And it's not a white, black, any other issue.
    It's not a Canada, US, Russia, Sweden issue (read Beartown, by F.Bachman).

This is an every-boys-club-with-testerone-near-sexual-peak (18) issue.
    Probably best advice for any parent whose kid is not part of this boys club... steer clear. No good will come.

I have heard 5-10 stories from "travel hockey" and "travel soccer" buddies over the years that seem unfathomable when I tell them to my wife.
    Like "Really?"... she says.

Lots of bubbles/cultures in the world.
    I'm not sure if its good or bad that some people don't know about what happens in some of these groups...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    From what I've read... a lot of players granted "conditional" interviews with London police back in 2018.
    An "if absolutely needed" sort of thing.

I read something that most of them had bags packed and loaded on the next day golf event and many were out-of-town by the time London police came calling.

There gets to be more substance to a story with the text messages and phone calls that follow the event.
    London police (possibly) didn't have enough to go forward with anything. And the girl was probably really shook up and worried.
    A few years roll by, victims may have a support network to come forward properly with everything they have to say.
    And there's a paper trail (in the wake of the event) that can aid in any investigation.

Good to see something being done about it now.
    Though HockeyCanada can't say it... making an example out of these 2018 boys is probably the best medicine to keep this shit from happening... as often. {sigh}

Speaking towards the general topic.
    It IS a bit amazing, to me (having grown up with half a foot into the upper-echelon athlete door and half a foot out) that so many people are UNAWARE what dumb-******** 14-20yr old male athletes can be.
    And it's not a white, black, any other issue.
    It's not a Canada, US, Russia, Sweden issue (read Beartown, by F.Bachman).

This is an every-boys-club-with-testerone-near-sexual-peak (18) issue.
    Probably best advice for any parent whose kid is not part of this boys club... steer clear. No good will come.

I have heard 5-10 stories from "travel hockey" and "travel soccer" buddies over the years that seem unfathomable when I tell them to my wife.
    Like "Really?"... she says.

Lots of bubbles/cultures in the world.
    I'm not sure if its good or bad that some people don't know about what happens in some of these groups...
    I know it’s not the issue here, but Beartown was a great book. One of the best I’ve read. It also definitely hits the nail on the head with this bad part of hockey culture. A bit a of must read for any hockey fan.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I know it’s not the issue here, but Beartown was a great book. One of the best I’ve read. It also definitely hits the nail on the head with this bad part of hockey culture. A bit a of must read for any hockey fan.
    Haven't read the book, but watched the series on HBO when it came out a couple years ago. I think there's only 1 season of 6 episodes or something, but it was good.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Shouldn’t this be in the Lounge
    Yes. Reason for the delay: I am busy on the Guide and didn't notice this was in the hockey section until just now. I moved the Virtanen one over yesterday, for some reason I noticed that one and not this one.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

No worries - no one is going to give you a hard time because you’re busting your butt on the guide!!!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Yes. Reason for the delay: I am busy on the Guide and didn't notice this was in the hockey section until just now. I moved the Virtanen one over yesterday, for some reason I noticed that one and not this one.
    Can I ask (as the one who posted this thread) why you feel this belongs in 'The Lounge' as opposed to where I had posted it under 'Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey'?

Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey, being under General Hockey Chat, all things hockey that's not fantasy related (as that would be under the Fantasy Hockey Forum section
    Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey -"Thoughts on the NHL, KHL, AHL, the latest trades, signings and more!"
    While not specifically listed, since there's a minor league (AHL) it's not farfetched to think thoughts on a junior league CHL also belongs here. This whole thread is about thoughts on the CHL, Hockey Canada,and the hockey players involved.
    There's World Junior threads, Daryl Katz Civil suit, under Hockey Hockey etc, so CHL doesn't seem out of place at all.

The Lounge - being under "Other Stuff" usually meaning other than the main reason for this forum site (which in this case is hockey).
    The Lounge - "What's going on? What's on your mind? Kick back, relax, and start typing..."
    This thread isn't a very relaxing topic.

I personally think 'The Lounge' is not the right place for it, but ultimately it's your site on how you want it arranged.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post

...but ultimately it's your site on how you want it arranged.
    Probably should have just left it at that and called it good.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Probably should have just left it at that and called it good.
    Are you serious? You're the one who first piped up to have things changed to suit your preference.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Can I ask (as the one who posted this thread) why you feel this belongs in 'The Lounge' as opposed to where I had posted it under 'Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey'?
    I'm only guessing, but I think Dobber is trying to keep primarily social / political issues outside the hockey forum, since these subjects generate very strong feelings and are not everyone's cup of tea. These discussions, I believe, have gone off the rails at times in the past. That is my guess. [It makes no difference to me as I sort by "latest" posts, so the actual thread is irrelevant.]

Dobber Sports Sage

Always possible.

"since these subjects generate very strong feelings and are not everyone's cup of tea"
    Exactly, this is a heavy thread, not very relaxing I would say. So the forum section titled 'The Lounge' described as '
    What's going on? What's on your mind? Kick back, relax, and start typing..." to me isn't the place for it.

I also just use Latest Post, but others don't so when I start a new thread I try to ensure it's in the right section. Which is why I ask, to have some clarity behind this, so the same mistakes don't keep being made.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Padawan

I click on "latest posts" and look at the thread titles. If one catches my interest I'll go to that thread. Read a post or 2 to see if it's of interest to me. If it is, great, I'll read on. If it is not of interest to me I stop reading and don't come back to the thread.
    Pretty simple actually and I don't care which forum a thread was started in...."hockey hockey hockey hockey" or "the lounge" or "one year leagues" is irrelevant as long the thread and topic is interesting.
    If after reading the first post in a thread like this one and seeing it bothers you and isn't your cup of tea, don't read the thread anymore.
    Last edited by everfeb; August 8, 2022 at 11:16 AM.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Master

contrary to what was initially stated by HC , she did fully cooperate with the police back in 2018-2019 and they didnt feel as though there was enough evidence to bring charges.

I believe this is why she chose the civil case route which eventually led to a settlement in 2022

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    contrary to what was initially stated by HC , she did fully cooperate with the police back in 2018-2019 and they didnt feel as though there was enough evidence to bring charges.

I believe this is why she chose the civil case route which eventually led to a settlement in 2022
    Yes, that was reported quite widely on CBC and the Athletic a few days ago. Also reported today is that Hockey Canada has released the woman from the non-disclosure agreement.

Dobber Sports Master

Rick Westhead
    @rwesthead
    ·
    1h
    Hockey Manitoba head says claims Hockey Canada mishandled a 2018 alleged sexual assault "a bit argumentative."
    False narrative re-reported here that woman in case didn't go to police. Her lawyer has said that's false & that she spoke to detectives & had physical exam at hospital.