Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Another mass shooting...

I mean, Australia is actually a terrible example. If they had two other countries with massive borders above and below them as entry points for illegal guns, then yes Australia would be a great example.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I mean, Australia is actually a terrible example. If they had two other countries with massive borders above and below them as entry points for illegal guns, then yes Australia would be a great example.
    There are no perfect comparisons between countries, but you can't just say it's a "terrible example". Australia has something like 30,000km of coastline so smuggling guns isn't exactly impossible. Of course it's less likely to happen because of the lack of land borders, but a bigger factor in the unlikeliness of smuggling is that they aren't all gun crazy morons like half the US. There is no direct comparison to the US on this issue, but throwing out all other case studies for that reason is just lazy and it's part of the reason there has been no progress on this issue and why people continue to die.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have not looked into it, but I would suspect Mexico and Canada are GETTING guns from the USA, and not the other way around.

Dobber Sports Sage

Just need more Army Rangers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4iQxpwYhAg
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Ted Cruz suggested having 1 door for all schools to have people enter and exit from and have it guarded so a person has 1 root of entry to get into a school for a shooting. Which is idiotic because of the simple fact of fires.

So he's on board with regulating doors, women's rights to choose, but not regulating guns, and the Texas power grid.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ted Cruz suggested having 1 door for all schools to have people enter and exit from and have it guarded so a person has 1 root of entry to get into a school for a shooting. Which is idiotic because of the simple fact of fires.

So he's on board with regulating doors, women's rights to choose, but not regulating guns, and the Texas power grid.
    Ted Cruz is a terrible excuse for a human being who has no morals, no ethics, no foundation for which he bases reality off of, and from everything I have seen and read would throw anyone in his life under a bus to try and get ahead in life. Any individual who treats anything he says with anything that even resembles respect, truth, or reality instantly goes into a category where I no longer respect anything they have to say or think.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Ted Cruz is a terrible excuse for a human being who has no morals, no ethics, no foundation for which he bases reality off of, and from everything I have seen and read would throw anyone in his life under a bus to try and get ahead in life. Any individual who treats anything he says with anything that even resembles respect, truth, or reality instantly goes into a category where I no longer respect anything they have to say or think.
    Yup, he's a puppet for other people/organizations and has no regard for people he doesn't know directly. I've never understood how publicists stay with guys like Cruz because he is just a massive target cause he's an idiot.

How is a legit suggestion over mental background checks is having 1 door in a building lol. And how is that not questioned harder by the reporters?!

Dobber Sports Star

One of the craziest parts is that one of the major arguments in favor of guns is that they're a necessary tool for americans to defend themselves against the government if need be... but somehow a suggestion to have a single, heavily armed and guarded door into an elementary school makes sense to some of these same people. "I want to be able to have a gun so that I can organize a militia and defend my family from the government, but I also want that government to have the baddest-ass military ever, and I want them to enforce laws without mercy and guard my kids' elementary school door so guys with guns can't get in."

If Bet365 would take action on it, I'd wager that within 10 years american school teachers are issued hand guns.

Dobber Sports Titan

I also like the argument "If we outlaw guns, there will just be illegal guns out there so what's the point?" like the prospect of having the same amount of illegal firearms in the hands of gangbangers and criminals should be the reason why an 18yr old can buy an AR15 on his birthday and shoot up a school.

Like do they think the guy with an illegal firearm will burst into schools and shoot kids the second that the 18yr old can't buy a gun? "Oh jimmy isn't allowed to kill these kids, guess it's up to me". Like wtf?

Or they'll say it's mental health and not the gun. But won't have mental health checks before allowing someone to buy a gun, or putting money into mental health programs to stop it. They just say it's not guns and refuse to even address the issues they think are the cause.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I also like the argument "If we outlaw guns, there will just be illegal guns out there so what's the point?" like the prospect of having the same amount of illegal firearms in the hands of gangbangers and criminals should be the reason why an 18yr old can buy an AR15 on his birthday and shoot up a school.

Like do they think the guy with an illegal firearm will burst into schools and shoot kids the second that the 18yr old can't buy a gun? "Oh jimmy isn't allowed to kill these kids, guess it's up to me". Like wtf?

Or they'll say it's mental health and not the gun. But won't have mental health checks before allowing someone to buy a gun, or putting money into mental health programs to stop it. They just say it's not guns and refuse to even address the issues they think are the cause.
    No, the guy with the illegal firearm will sell it to the guy who wants to burst into the school and shoot kids..... He's getting it from Walmart, or from your local dealer on the corner if he wants to get one.

Mental health checks to get a gun are a great start. Where it becomes a problem is, the people who snap out of nowhere who have already cleared those mental health checks still have a gun...

Dobber Sports Titan

No, the guy with the illegal firearm will sell it to the guy who wants to burst into the school and shoot kids..... He's getting it from Walmart, or from your local dealer on the corner if he wants to get one.

Mental health checks to get a gun are a great start. Where it becomes a problem is, the people who snap out of nowhere who have already cleared those mental health checks still have a gun...
    So making gun restrictions so tight (similar to Canada's) that would remove a lot of the rifles that are unneeded is out of the question because people think that the amount of 18yr olds who want to shoot a school up equals the amount that know where to buy a gun illegally? And if you restrict guns now, in 20yrs, the amount of guns on the street would slowly diminish to the point where illegal guns would be so expensive on the street that how many 18yr olds could purchase it?

A solution that isn't 100% clean isn't a reason to not attempt it. Just because there's a chance that a kid buys a gun illegally isn't a reason to not change anything. Saying an 18yr would buy a gun illegally is an excuse, not a reason. If that's the thought, remove all drinking age limits, gambling age limits, army enlisting age limits, voting age limits. Because if you want to you can get around those things illegally if you try enough so why restrict them?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    If Bet365 would take action on it, I'd wager that within 10 years american school teachers are issued hand guns.
    10 years from now I'd wager there won't be "American" teachers anymore. The 2nd American civil war will have gutted the country, and millions of 2nd amendment ardents will be dead and forgotten.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    10 years from now I'd wager there won't be "American" teachers anymore. The 2nd American civil war will have gutted the country, and millions of 2nd amendment ardents will be dead and forgotten.
    I hope you live somewhere where you can’t easily get your hands on a gun.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ninja

He's getting it from Walmart, or from your local dealer on the corner if he wants to get one.
    Here's a clue... one is easier than the other.

And you're wrong - the vast majority of these kids who are buying their guns at Walmart won't have the courage, street know-how or the means to buy a gun off a weapons dealer. First of all they have to have the money, then they have to not get robbed by another criminal (or likely gang of criminals) who will be much bigger, stronger and smarter than them. THEN they have to not get caught AND they have to be stupid enough not to care about going to jail. I would say combined, these are all layers of deterrents that are rather effective. Getting a street gun is not as simple as you think it is, that's naïve thinking.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Here's a clue... one is easier than the other.
    If you put all these restrictions in... local dealer on the corner be easier.

Also think how long it would take students just to enter the school with only one door with checks. As already stated that's such an idiotic idea.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24