Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keeper League Question

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Keeper League Question

Quote Originally Posted by 65jeff View Post
    I would keep Miller in this league. He's got to be a top 10 player with these cats.

In a keep 4 I wouldn't gamble on someone like Batherson even with your sunk cost situation. Try to trade him. I'd also never keep a defenseman in a keep 4 if I had other options. If your league set up really doesn't benefit you much to have two starting goalies, I'd give some thought to trading one of them.

With productive keepers and good drafting you will compete every season in a league like this.
    Miller was ranked 7th in this league, so he was very valuable. However, I wonder if he was playing a little over his head? Also. I finished first, which means I’ll be drafting in the last slot…I’ll be giving up the first pick in the 4th rd for him. Players who were picked in the 4th rd in this league last year: Svech, B and M thachuk, debrincat and Landy. I’d take those first 3 over Miller. I might take Landy, and this year I did take debrincat over miller in another league.

IMO I don’t give up a 4th in order to keep miller. If I think he’s the player he was this year I jsut roll the dice and hope to draft him at the end of the 3rd.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Would help a lot to know:

How many teams are in the league?
    How many players are on rosters?
    How many goalies do you start? If you start 2, keeping 2 goalies is fine. If you start 1, I doubt keeping both is worthwhile.

We also didn't know it was a snake draft until your latest post, I don't think. Most keepers I have played in do not use snake drafts after the first season.
    23-24 NHL Schedule
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1242679413
    See number of games, off night games and back to back games for each match up

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by 65jeff View Post
    Would help a lot to know:

How many teams are in the league?
    How many players are on rosters?
    How many goalies do you start? If you start 2, keeping 2 goalies is fine. If you start 1, I doubt keeping both is worthwhile.

We also didn't know it was a snake draft until your latest post, I don't think. Most keepers I have played in do not use snake drafts after the first season.
    10 team yahoo league, 16 players per team. 2 goalies in the starting roster.