Poll: Leafs vs Lightning

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs (3) Tampa Bay Lightning

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs (3) Tampa Bay Lightning

I'd be surprised if Trotz comes to Toronto anyway cause it would imply both Shanny and Dubas publicly admitting they ****ed up - Keefe being Dubas' guy. Self preservation is a strong motivator.

All that aside though, Keefe has earned at least one more year of rope.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs (3) Tampa Bay Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    This is a stat vs reality thing. They don't move the puck to the level they should be. It's always been a very stagnant PP and when it is on fire the puck moves freely, usually not because of Rielly. A #1 PP shouldn't be going 40% one month and 10% the next month as much as the Leafs do the last 2 yrs. It's a very "play driven" PP, and once they can't get the play they want, they're done.

The lack of a threat from Rielly to score on the PP means defends will cheat much more towards the forwards on the boards, d-men are more willing to eat up the middle of the ice when he has the puck as it won't be a hard shot if he does, once he moves the puck Matthews and Marner have very little space once Rielly holds it for that extra stick handle he does a LOT. Unfortunate Sandin's health most of the yr, but he should be getting a chance at PP1 consistently and not for a game. I think it was game 5 or 6 a broadcaster even pointed out that Rielly wasn't working on PP1, and Gio went in for a minute on the PP1 and they looked way better and they scored. It's not a knock on Rielly as a player, but he should be moving the puck faster, work on a slapper as a threat more, and it should open up.

Marner got a slap shot over the last yr, Rielly can too. It doesn't need to be amazing, just to the point where he can and is willing to use it. The only time he's pressured on the PP is when he's been holding it for too long. No one is worried about him as a threat to score and they cheat. Just my thoughts.
    I'm not denying that Rielly isn't a dynamic PP quarterback - he isn't. But among the Leafs reasons for playoff disappointment, this isn't even top 5...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'd be surprised if Trotz comes to Toronto anyway cause it would imply both Shanny and Dubas publicly admitting they ****ed up - Keefe being Dubas' guy. Self preservation is a strong motivator.

All that aside though, Keefe has earned at least one more year of rope.
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm not denying that Rielly isn't a dynamic PP quarterback - he isn't. But among the Leafs reasons for playoff disappointment, this isn't even top 5...
    I agree with both. Rielly isn't the reason, but maybe the switch/Rielly's improvement helps push over in one game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Reading two leafs fans go back and forth is pretty painful

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PinchingD View Post
    Reading two leafs fans go back and forth is pretty painful
    you mean the posts above or the fan brawl after they lots game 7? hahaha
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.