Poll: Leafs vs Lightning

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs (3) Tampa Bay Lightning

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs (3) Tampa Bay Lightning

I don't think the Leafs need to do too much. Parity is a bitch in the playoffs and they came up against a solid team.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs (3) Tampa Bay Lightning

One down, one Calgary to go!

Dobber Sports Deity

I was just surprised Vasilevskiy gave up a goal. He's money in elimination games.

Social media is on fire today.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Can we at least agree Keefe has to go? 0 for 6 in series deciding games I think?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Can we at least agree Keefe has to go? 0 for 6 in series deciding games I think?
    I don't love Keefe but I think he's done a good enough job. I mean... Most points in franchise history ain't bad. They are among tops on offense and #1 PP. Defense not spectacular but ok. The players seem to respect him.

The 0-6 in deciding games... I lean more toward puttong that on the players. You can't teach killer instinct.

Everyone wants Trotz but I'm confident he would ruin these kids. No need to revisit the Babcock era.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I
    Everyone wants Trotz but I'm confident he would ruin these kids. No need to revisit the Babcock era.
    You want to win or what? "ruin the kids" seems like its coming from a fantasy prospective.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    You want to win or what? "ruin the kids" seems like its coming from a fantasy prospective.
    Not to mention it takes a special brand of naivety to pretend Babcock and Trotz are in the same stratosphere of coach. Completely different systems, completely different personalities, etc.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Couple things here.

1: Leafs lost against the best salary cap era goalie (also has to be one of the best goalies ever as well) in regards to winning and shutting down the opposition in elimination games. Some goalies fold under the pressure, Vasi under pressure turns into a fking diamond lol.

2: Leafs are now the only team in NHL/MLB/NBA history to lose 5 straight winner take all games.
    3-4 Bruins
    3-4 Bruins
    2-3 CBJ (Covid qualifying round)
    3-4 Canadians
    3-4 TB

12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not to mention it takes a special brand of naivety to pretend Babcock and Trotz are in the same stratosphere of coach. Completely different systems, completely different personalities, etc.
    agreed

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

Ugh.

If you fire Keefe, you better get Trotz. It's the move that Masai had to do with the Raptors, does that happen with Dubas? I dunno it's a bold move if you do, and coaching in the NHL is very different than NBA coaching.

Morgan Rielly shouldn't be your PP1 QB until he develops a shot he can take while not skating forward, and can work on quick passing. That pp is way to stagnant for the talent it has and it dies on Rielly's stick. But on the 2nd unit this yr it was constantly moving more, but lower talent obviously.

Ok well 2022-23 is our yr. Prolly the 2nd best series in the playoffs this yr and both teams deserve to be moving on over some teams in the 2nd round I would think. Big boys showed up this yr, secondary didn't.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Morgan Rielly shouldn't be your PP1 QB until he develops a shot he can take while not skating forward, and can work on quick passing. That pp is way to stagnant for the talent it has and it dies on Rielly's stick.
    Rielly isn't Makar but he's fine. Leafs had the #1 PP in the entire league.

The more I think about it, the more I lean toward letting Campbell walk, deal some assets to free up space and go after MAF.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Trotz system doesn't play to our strengths. Worked with the Caps - did not work with the Islanders. The goal is to win it all, not just one series.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Rielly isn't Makar but he's fine. Leafs had the #1 PP in the entire league.
    This is a stat vs reality thing. They don't move the puck to the level they should be. It's always been a very stagnant PP and when it is on fire the puck moves freely, usually not because of Rielly. A #1 PP shouldn't be going 40% one month and 10% the next month as much as the Leafs do the last 2 yrs. It's a very "play driven" PP, and once they can't get the play they want, they're done.

The lack of a threat from Rielly to score on the PP means defends will cheat much more towards the forwards on the boards, d-men are more willing to eat up the middle of the ice when he has the puck as it won't be a hard shot if he does, once he moves the puck Matthews and Marner have very little space once Rielly holds it for that extra stick handle he does a LOT. Unfortunate Sandin's health most of the yr, but he should be getting a chance at PP1 consistently and not for a game. I think it was game 5 or 6 a broadcaster even pointed out that Rielly wasn't working on PP1, and Gio went in for a minute on the PP1 and they looked way better and they scored. It's not a knock on Rielly as a player, but he should be moving the puck faster, work on a slapper as a threat more, and it should open up.

Marner got a slap shot over the last yr, Rielly can too. It doesn't need to be amazing, just to the point where he can and is willing to use it. The only time he's pressured on the PP is when he's been holding it for too long. No one is worried about him as a threat to score and they cheat. Just my thoughts.

Dobber Sports Titan

To me Trotz has the ability to alter how he coaches to the pieces given off the bat. He truly coaches unlike Babcock and other coaches who implement a system. The issue with the Islanders was the GM just constantly feeding the system with the same players so Trotz had to double down on his style yr after yr.

However, I don't think Trotz is an option for Toronto. Would be funny to see Dubas "steal" Lou's guy though lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

Trotz isn't Lou's guy after he fired him. Not really stealing him either although I am not sure why you put that word in quotations.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."