Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who to Keep Post-Championship (REP)

The Great One

Default Re: Who to Keep Post-Championship (REP)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidenown View Post
    RizzeeDizzee, there is no draft pick cost incurred to keep a player that was not previously kept. The only cost that is incurred is when you buyout (drop) a player that has been previously kept (whether by you or by the team you traded with to get him). The buyout cost is you lose your pick in the round that player was originally drafted in. This hasn't happened, but if a GM wanted to drop two players that had been previously kept and had been drafted in the same round, they would have to a) trade away one of them, b) trade for a pick in the round they were drafted in order to be able to drop them, c) keep one of the players. Hopefully this answers your question, let me know if you need further clarification

specifically if I wanted to keep players this year that had not been kept I would incur no cost in this years draft. But if I decided to drop them AFTER next season having kept them this offseason the rounds would be as follows:
    Fiala(3rd)
    Meier(12th)
    Debrincat(1st)
    Thomas(12th)

Deangelo(4th)
    Chychrun(2nd)
    Dobson(12th)
    Faulk (12th)

Saros(4th)

but again those costs will only be incurred if I keep them for next year and THEN drop them in a future year
    I'm still confused - I sent you a PM.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Who to Keep Post-Championship (REP)

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Forwards: Pasta, Rant, Aho, Huberdeau, Debrincat

Defense: Makar, DeAngelo, Dobson

Goalie: Vas

I would try to move all the rest. I suggest Keeping Debrincat over Guentzel because it looks like you haven't kept him before, which will open up a 2nd round pick if you don't have Guentzel. Plus Guentzel will be a good trade chip. PLus, I think Debrincat and Guentzel should put up similar numbers.

IF you can trade Vas for someone like Sheisty, or one of the other top goalies, I would do it. Vas had a good year, but a bit inconsistent, and then I think it would open a 1st round pick? Well, only if you can get say, one of the other top 5 goalies.

Would def try to trade Nurse and the rest. Just curious how far apart Saros and Vas finished in your league. If they are close, I would consider moving Vas.

Please help with mine, thanks https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...24#post2189724
    Thanks for the help! I looked at your post but I am not in my depth when dealing with banger leagues, sorry not to be of more help!
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso