Thread: Heinila or Zach Jones

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Heinila or Zach Jones

In a league where scoring and sandpaper count (PIM and Hits), which one do you see being more productive in the next 3-5 years?

Thanks in advance.

(I can't find an option to fix the misspelling of Heinola's name in the title)
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Heinila or Zach Jones

I’d go with Jones. I know he will be blocked by some talent ahead of him but I think he will be the better overall Dman. Ville will have a talented team at his disposal if he lives up to expectations. I just think Zac gives you the extras. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d go with Jones. I know he will be blocked by some talent ahead of him but I think he will be the better overall Dman. Ville will have a talented team at his disposal if he lives up to expectations. I just think Zac gives you the extras. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ace

Jones, easy. He's having a terrific AHL season. And if the Rangers weren't competing this season he would probably already be up pairing with Schneider as the 3rd pair. Which I expect to be the Rangers future 2nd pairing long term when Trouba's contract is up. At least I don't expect they will extend Trouba.

I also expect Jones to eventually QB the Rangers PP2, possibly with Schneider as a sniper. Not sure if Lindgren or Miller will be Fox's long term partner. But the other possibly eventually moving to 3rd pair or to another team eventually. Talking like 2-5 seasons down the road of course. With the Rangers playing well, they probably won't rush Jones in. But next year seems reasonable, where we could see him up on that 3rd pair. IMO he's going to be better offensively than Lundkvist. And he's no slouch defensively. He's been compared to Fox in many ways. Don't think he will be quite on Fox's level, but perhaps a similar type of player and style ultimately, just from the left side instead of the right. Which is good because Rangers could definitely use some offense from a LD. Miller and Lindgren, while having a lot of great traits, probably aren't on Jones' level offensively.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Jones has every bit as much offensive potential as Heinola and he is not as one dimensional as Hienola, he has more grit to his game than Heionola IMO. Jones for me.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Thanks all for your thoughts.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.