Thread: Yahoo Manager Ratings & Levels

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Yahoo Manager Ratings & Levels

If you play H2H on Yahoo, do you pay any attention to manager ratings/levels?

What are the top/bottom manager ratings in your leagues?

My only H2H league I'm in these days ranges from 1002 - 595. But the top 8 are all Diamond level.

I don't put a lot of stock in them but they are a good tool to gauge league competitiveness. But I did finally break the 1000 barrier this week for the first time ever. I'd been hovering between 960 & 980 since around 2015, so that felt pretty good.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Yahoo Manager Ratings & Levels

I don't look at it / meaningless
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Yahoo Manager Ratings & Levels

They work as a very general indicator of a manager's success. And I did enjoy them a lot more, but over time have realized that they put WAY too much stock in recent performance over historical numbers. I also don't think it values trophies enough. You should get a major boost for a trophy but that doesn't seem to happen.

Quick example that I noticed when this perennially awful team passed me in the rating...I have been in all 22 leagues that he has been in and his only real success has come in recent years when he landed McDavid and Matthews in the draft lottery.

My profile: 33 teams, Winning 61%, 15 trophies, 7 gold, 7 silver, 5 bronze = 911 rating
    His profile: 22 teams, Winning 48.5%, 6 trophies, 2 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze = 925 rating