Thread: Best long term- Bunting, Jeannot, Marchment

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Best long term- Bunting, Jeannot, Marchment

Looking to rank these 3 for ROS and for a long term keeper. Scoring is Pts, PIMs, and plus/minus.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Best long term- Bunting, Jeannot, Marchment

Bunting

Jeannot

Marchment - scoring on 21% of his shots so for this season, his line is scoring on 16% of their shots...both of those numbers will end the season at half of what they currently are...he's more likely to get zero points the rest of the season than he is to get 20

Dobber Sports Veteran

Same for me:

Bunting
    Jeannott
    Marchment

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Bunting for rest of season over Jeannot.

How do points versus PIM work? Is it category based or points for each point or PIM based? I think I want Jeannot if it's category based by a little bit longer term.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Bunting for rest of season over Jeannot.

How do points versus PIM work? Is it category based or points for each point or PIM based? I think I want Jeannot if it's category based by a little bit longer term.
    0.2 pts per PIM, so 100+ PIM guys can have significant value in this league

Dobber Sports Deity

ROS:

Bunting
    Marchment
    Jeannot

Long term depends on your definition of "long term". This year and next, Bunting is on a value contract and will be worth it. After next season, if he can carry this play, he will price himself out of Toronto. If your definition of long term is 3-5 years:

Jeannot
    Marchment
    Bunting (his next contract will most likely mean he's not riding shotgun in Toronto so it's hard to guage his value.

Personally, I think you should just worry about this year and next year.

- - - Updated - - -

ROS:

Bunting
    Marchment
    Jeannot

Long term depends on your definition of "long term". This year and next, Bunting is on a value contract and will be worth it. After next season, if he can carry this play, he will price himself out of Toronto. If your definition of long term is 3-5 years:

Jeannot
    Marchment
    Bunting (his next contract will most likely mean he's not riding shotgun in Toronto so it's hard to guage his value.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    ROS:

Bunting
    Marchment
    Jeannot

Jeannot
    Marchment

- - - Updated - - -

ROS:

Bunting
    Marchment
    Jeannot

Jeannot
    Marchment

This is the same Bunting who put up 10 goals and 13 points over 21 games last year in Arizona. Not sure his line mates make or break his production. Clearly he's otherworldly right now flanking Matthews and Marner, but if he can put up 10 over 20 in Zona, I think he has legit 30 goal potential regardless. I'll take him over Marchment short and long term ( after his current deal with the Leafs regardless of where he ends up).

Bunting
    Jeannot
    Marchment

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    This is the same Bunting who put up 10 goals and 13 points over 21 games last year in Arizona. Not sure his line mates make or break his production. Clearly he's otherworldly right now flanking Matthews and Marner, but if he can put up 10 over 20 in Zona, I think he has legit 30 goal potential regardless. I'll take him over Marchment short and long term ( after his current deal with the Leafs regardless of where he ends up).

Bunting
    Jeannot
    Marchment
    So 13 points (10g, 3A, shooting 26.3%) in 21 games in Arizona is roughly a 50pt pace. 26.3% shooting!! I wouldn't see that being the norm with that shooting percentage.

In Toronto, he's now on pace for 66pts and his shooting % is still considered high at 15.3%. His shooting percentage drops but his production increases. What do you attribute the jump in production to?

If he's not in Toronto long term, I don't see his production being anywhere near what it is right now, or what he was doing in Arizona with that shooting percentage.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think it's fair to say Bunting was a bit of a late bloomer. I think it's also fair to say that he has indeed bloomed and he needs to be credited with what he has accomplished in the last two years. The very fact that he has become a valued piece of TO's top line, all season long, speaks volumes. We'll see what the future holds but regardless of where he ends up I see him as a more viable option than either Jeannot or Marchment. That said, in a format that includes scoring and PIM, Jeannot most definitely has value here. I'll add that Jeannot is young, still a rookie, so how his game develops will be interesting to watch, he could well evolve into being one of the best options available in a banger league. The gap between Bunting and Jeannot remains to be seen, but it might not be that much depending on your scoring stats. While I like a lot of aspects of Marchment's game, I'm just not certain that over time he becomes a better option than either Jeannot or Bunting. All conjecture at this point, but there ya go (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I think it's fair to say Bunting was a bit of a late bloomer. I think it's also fair to say that he has indeed bloomed and he needs to be credited with what he has accomplished in the last two years. The very fact that he has become a valued piece of TO's top line, all season long, speaks volumes. We'll see what the future holds but regardless of where he ends up I see him as a more viable option than either Jeannot or Marchment. That said, in a format that includes scoring and PIM, Jeannot most definitely has value here. I'll add that Jeannot is young, still a rookie, so how his game develops will be interesting to watch, he could well evolve into being one of the best options available in a banger league. The gap between Bunting and Jeannot remains to be seen, but it might not be that much depending on your scoring stats. While I like a lot of aspects of Marchment's game, I'm just not certain that over time he becomes a better option than either Jeannot or Bunting. All conjecture at this point, but there ya go (:
    It's only Marchment's recent hot streak that makes him a real wildcard. We know he can't sustain it but it makes takes pause and ask "Is he for real?" No where in his amateur/pro history did it scream there existing above average offensive ability. Is he a product of being on a great team and more importantly can he a quality producer long term?
    Jeannot has been on my radar all season, but Bunting has pushed into the conversation for sure and of course Marchment decided to go nuclear lately.

Full disclosure: I have 2 waiver picks and the luxury in my league to exercise those waivers picks any time until the trade deadline. These 3 players are top of list for me to try to win the season but also carry 2 of these guys long term.