Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Super sad whats happening in Russia. 100% agree with that.

However, when will we hold the USA to the same standards as we do Russia at the moment?

USA has 64 "interventions" ill call them, since world war 2 in numerous countries. I'm not saying US is the reason this war is going on, but I'm more talking about the "lets ban russians from sports" narrative.

U.S.A. has done equally worse in the last century without prosecution.

Double standards as far as I'm concerned.

In my opinion there would be less wars and evil in the world, if the USA would mind their own business a bit more.

Discuss
    100% agree.

Dobber Sports Stud

Super sad whats happening in Russia. 100% agree with that.

However, when will we hold the USA to the same standards as we do Russia at the moment?

USA has 64 "interventions" ill call them, since world war 2 in numerous countries. I'm not saying US is the reason this war is going on, but I'm more talking about the "lets ban russians from sports" narrative.

U.S.A. has done equally worse in the last century without prosecution.

Double standards as far as I'm concerned.

In my opinion there would be less wars and evil in the world, if the USA would mind their own business a bit more.

Discuss
    Name some of the 64 interventions that the USA took part in since World War 2.?

Second Iraq War was a big foul up. no doubt. Some hawks in Bush's cabinet wanted to finish off what they started when Bush's father went to war. un called for. hard stop.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I was so happy this was dying out. Like so many other here, Latest posts, ??? Get drawn in.

I totally agree. There is so much going on in the USA. There was no need to ever go into the Vietnam, Korean conflicts and the list goes on and on. In my mind , there was never any reason to pay to rebuild France or Japan for a war the USA was brought into while minding their own business . So much money is wasted. The is no reason to give military aid to the Ukraine, that is their problem. There is no reason to give aid to anyone. Let the rest of the world worry about their own problems and stay out of it.

So, it has been mentioned previously that Trump may have helped Putin if he was still in office. How about a different scenario. He wins and none of this happens. Why? The world sees him as a volatile man. He was withholding money from the Ukraine, for personal benefit (or maybe not). With the chaotic exit in Afghan, it opened the door to Putin.

Do I want him in office, NO! Speculation is easy. Finger pointing as well. There is good and bad in everything.

Yep, Keep the money to fix things at home.

100% Agree!
    You can never have too much information. You can only ever misuse the information you were given.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Actually, Dobber did reply to me, for those that are curious. He thought my post scared most straight because the foolishness calmed down and people actually started posting in the hockey sections (even Guru made a couple posts outside the Political section) but he did agree that this section is toxic and something needs to be done. He hasn't got back to me since then, so he's either working in an option or hoping everyone actually listened to me and he doesn't need to do anything. Again, thanks for your concern.

None the less, Mr Guru can read this in 7 days when his temp ban expires. I just assumed he logged out like I suggested when he wasn't around much anymore. Still has too much to say for a guy who wanted his account deleted.

Just when things were starting to go nice in here again, it just takes one. His comments is the exact toxicity that Dobber wants to get rid of. What's that old saying? Let sleeping dogs lie, or something to that effect. Thanks for waking the dog.
    Wait, this is a for real post. We're celebrating that maybe you've "scared" people enough into not posting on the forums. Good god.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Wait, this is a for real post. We're celebrating that maybe you've "scared" people enough into not posting on the forums. Good god.
    This is a "for real" post, and I have no idea how you see this as celebrating. Quite the opposite as I was simply paraphrasing my reply from Dobber to him in the "for real" post. It was actually calm in here and Guru felt the need to stir up shit for no reason.

If you don't like it, and would like to discuss further, feel free to send me a PM and I'll glad explain further. I'm trying to keep as much "mud" out of the forums as possible.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Netflix has pulled is service from Russia.

Disney, Warner Bros, Sony, Paramount & Universal have all halted film releases in Russia.

PayPal, Mastercard, Visa, Apple Pay & Google Pay are no longer offering their service in Russia. Some of them have started to prevent any "Russian issued" card from working OUTSIDE the country as well.

Many other companies have stopped the sale of their products/services in the country.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    One thing to be considered is that the US went into Iraq and Afghanistan about 20 years ago... those were their last boots on the ground invasions. The world and public sentiments have changed in that time (and those actions were problematic even back then). Does the fact that Ukraine is a European democracy mean this is viewed a bit differently by NATO countries than someone bombing in the middle east? Oh heck yes, almost guaranteed. But the takeaway on that shouldn't be 'don't help Ukraine' it should be 'stop invading places with limited pretext'.

And the invasion of Ukraine is about as black and white as it seems... if Russia hadn't invaded there wouldn't be a war. It really is that simple.
    (now whether or not you buy Russia's argument that there was antagonism by Ukraine flirting with NATO is a different matter... or if you think Ukraine was going to attack Russia???)
    Saying they went into Afghanistan 20 years ago sounds strange considering they only left a few months ago.

And their puppet government was overthrown before they were even out.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Saying they went into Afghanistan 20 years ago sounds strange considering they only left a few months ago.

The USA going into the middle east was shit.
    Russia going into Ukraine is shit.

Dobber Sports Deity

On this, we definitely agree.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post

I think difficulty getting out of something isn't the same as the decision making for going in in the first place (the marriage paradox, if you will). But yeah, the recentness of the withdrawal definitely makes it strange to think that the decision to go in was a 20yr old decision.

Amen brother, amen.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Stud

Agreed

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Name some of the 64 interventions that the USA took part in since World War 2.?

Second Iraq War was a big foul up. no doubt. Some hawks in Bush's cabinet wanted to finish off what they started when Bush's father went to war. un called for. hard stop.
    FB_IMG_1646429649215.jpg

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This is a "for real" post, and I have no idea how you see this as celebrating. Quite the opposite as I was simply paraphrasing my reply from Dobber to him in the "for real" post. It was actually calm in here and Guru felt the need to stir up shit for no reason.

If you don't like it, and would like to discuss further, feel free to send me a PM and I'll glad explain further. I'm trying to keep as much "mud" out of the forums as possible.
    Ive got a legit question for you.

I can't remember if it was this thread or elsewhere, but you mentioned you're stationed in the mediterrenean sea and had some secret knowledge or somethig along those lines.

Any way, my question. How do you have time to moderate a forum when you're "ready to go to battle" for lack of better terms.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ive got a legit question for you.

I can't remember if it was this thread or elsewhere, but you mentioned you're stationed in the mediterrenean sea and had some secret knowledge or somethig along those lines.

Any way, my question. How do you have time to moderate a forum when you're "ready to go to battle" for lack of better terms.
    I am on a Canadian Navy ship in the Mediterranean Sea, waiting to see what's going to happen. I have time to moderate a forum because I've been in so long, earned my higher rank, and I am management with my own computer and I spend a lot of time on the internet each day for work, when I am not managing my section. I am no different than you, I go to bed and I get up. I just spend a lot of time on the internet. This just happens to be one of the windows I have open in the background. I have no doubt, at some point, we'll probably lose internet for Operational reasons, but until then, you're stuck with me. That could happen tomorrow, it might never happen (god willing). It all depends on the situation.

And no, I cannot talk about what is going on over here, although I definitely have my finger on the pulse of this situation a lot better than a lot of you do. I just can't say it online. That's why I dont comment a lot about the things you guys keep throwing around. Doesn't mean I still can't moderate this forum for Dobber when time allows. I didn't say I had "secret knowledge". I said I have a very good idea what is actually going on here because of my job.

Legit question; legit answer.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Appreciate the insight