Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    With EA it is for sure a money thing. It is a money thing for all of them really. OK, i guess ill accept that reality.

You cannot play online with others unless you accept any and all console and game updates (on PSN anyway). Once its updated you can't go back with digital, well not easily anyway. Offline play against bots would still be possible.

Glad to help. I suppose I have a broader meaning or interpretation of what cancel culture is, I never really look up the buzz words or phrases that I would hate to see added to the dictionary. Yes it is meant to apply to an Individual who has their life purposely ruined by offended people and their supporters because The Cancelled said or did something that is now considered socially unacceptable but in this case I'm applying it to all the game content creators and players from Russians who were deleted from this game for optics and the all mighty dollar and didn't even do anything socially unacceptable expect be from Russia.... a new low. Same reaction to both, "get rid of it" but is it really justified? No lives ruined of course but still, what kind of statement does it really make? To me it does more harm than good. It is a bit of a flimsy connection Ill admit.
    No players were deleted from the game as far as I’m aware. Nor were any content creator names removed from the game. Specific team names were removed from the game. So really you’re just being as performative in your criticism as EA is being in their action. Glad we cleared that up. Nobody was “cancelled” with this lmao.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The CHL is planning on banning 16 & 17 y/o Russian players from this upcoming draft.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    The CHL is planning on banning 16 & 17 y/o Russian players from this upcoming draft.
    I heard that yesterday but last I saw they were "discussing" it. Dan Milstein said at 1:27pm March 2nd that the CHL was going to announce the Russian/Belorussian ban at 3pm. That came and went.

Then after he tweeted that, the CHL stopped the Russian-Canadian series they do. Nothing is official on the import draft yet, but Dan Milstein is def connected and likely isn't wrong that he's heard about a ban.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Here's another video on what happened to start the war:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVu8QbxafJE

This is more of an immediate history of what happened.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'd love to know who exactly got cancelled here.

Although I do love these people make the term a complete parody and totally meaningless.
    No players were deleted from the game as far as I’m aware. Nor were any content creator names removed from the game. Specific team names were removed from the game. So really you’re just being as performative in your criticism as EA is being in their action. Glad we cleared that up. Nobody was “cancelled” with this lmao.
    Get more aware then. Not sure how a team is removed but the players aren't. You really will say anything to pretend you are right. Why did i even bother. Still at troll.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I wonder if he would be happy with splitting the Ukraine in half. Everything east of Kyiv to Russia and west to “Ukraine”. NATO might fall for something like that to end the conflict. This would mean within a decade Putin has shifted the map pretty significantly and would think he could do anything he wants.

Of course NATO should not enter into any kind of land dividing negotiations but who knows. It’s either that or Russia rules all of Ukraine. But he isn’t the most popular person in the world right now.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I wonder if he would be happy with splitting the Ukraine in half. Everything east of Kyiv to Russia and west to “Ukraine”. NATO might fall for something like that to end the conflict. This would mean within a decade Putin has shifted the map pretty significantly and would think he could do anything he wants.

Of course NATO should not enter into any kind of land dividing negotiations but who knows. It’s either that or Russia rules all of Ukraine. But he isn’t the most popular person in the world right now.
    My issue with this scenario is that the cost to keep the puppet state afloat would be tremendous in terms of casualties, money and public opinion due to the insurgents . It didnt work well for the US in Afghanistan.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Get more aware then. Not sure how a team is removed but the players aren't. You really will say anything to pretend you are right. Why did i even bother. Still at troll.
    You don't know how they could remove team Russia without removing Alex Ovechkin? Wild.

As always, whining about "cancel culture" is performative and nothing more.

Dobber Sports Stud

looks like Odessa is going to fall to Russia which would give them exactly what they needed which is a warm water port. They will control the Black Sea.

Ugly...

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    What is the military capabilities of Slovakia? Do you know anything about Romania and/or Poland?
    Our military is small and not in a good shape, neglected for years. I think nobody really believed there could be another war in Europe. A lot of Soviet era military equipment. For example main battle tank being T-72M1 (20 of them), Mig-29 fighter jets (12, not all flyable), BMP-1 and 2 etc.
    Specialized troops are in a better shape. We are also in process of modernisation. F-16 block 70 should arrive next year to substitute the Mig-29. Finish made Patria AMV going to replace BMP-1.
    Also Defence Cooperation Agreement was signed just month ago between Slovakia and USA. Part of it is a modernisation of our military air bases and air defence.
    Majority of our territory is mountainous, so I would expect our military strategy relies on that.

I have no idea how good/bad military of Romania is. As for Poland, they surely have much more modern and bigger military than us. Also unlike here, there is no pro Russian sentiment among Polish people, on the contrary. I believe the reason their military is in a relatively good shape is because they always considered Russia as a real threat. Those two have some history.

But as was mentioned already, we are NATO member, so they cant just attack us without any consequences. Which is rather calming I would say. Unless Putin is willing to start full war with NATO, which pretty much means WW3 or even nuclear war. I don't think he is that insane (hopefully). And even if he is, there are (hopefully) still some rational people around him, willing to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts and perspective. The Peoples Party Our Slovakia is a rather small minority, am I correct?
    Yes. I would even dare to say, they are not going to make the threshold to get into the parliament next election. There is a new party called Republika, which was founded by former members of The Peoples Party Our Slovakia and might have a chance to get into parliament again, but they are are still going to be a minority and no sane party is going to cooperate with them.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    But as was mentioned already, we are NATO member, so they cant just attack us without any consequences. Which is rather calming I would say. Unless Putin is willing to start full war with NATO, which pretty much means WW3 or even nuclear war. I don't think he is that insane (hopefully). And even if he is, there are (hopefully) still some rational people around him, willing to stop him.
    I agree, I don't think he's a mad man, just wants more power. The moment he goes nuclear he loses that power and gets wrecked by NATO forces.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You don't know how they could remove team Russia without removing Alex Ovechkin? Wild.

As always, whining about "cancel culture" is performative and nothing more.
    I think Ovy and Team Russia is a bad example as he plays on a non Russian team as well.

What will happen to Datsyuk who only plays on Team Russia and CKSA, both teams that I expect will be deleted?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think Ovy and Team Russia is a bad example as he plays on a non Russian team as well.

What will happen to Datsyuk who only plays on Team Russia and CKSA, both teams that I expect will be deleted?
    I don't have the game... but I'm pretty sure he would still be a player in the game just non rostered. If you were to start a league and have a full draft he would be available (assuming his contract is eligible for that draft).

Anyway it's all intellectual property of Electronic Arts, they can delete teams/players as they will without just cause.

Also PenguinHunter as something you were speaking to earlier in the thread...
    https://www.axios.com/russian-busine...0964b00fb.html
    Bad

Also Bad
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I don't have the game... but I'm pretty sure he would still be a player in the game just non rostered. If you were to start a league and have a full draft he would be available (assuming his contract is eligible for that draft).

Anyway it's all intellectual property of Electronic Arts, they can delete teams/players as they will without just cause.

Also PenguinHunter as something you were speaking to earlier in the thread...
    https://www.axios.com/russian-busine...0964b00fb.html
    Bad

Also Bad

This is just simply not cool of North Americans... wow... simply wow!!!

The Russians that moved away from Russia moved away for a reason.

And thanks in regards to the game... I haven't purchased a video game in over a decade... obviously they are much more advanced then when played them.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Russia could potentially see this as a positive.
    If I recall, there wasn't any CHL players that made team Russia for the World Juniors.
    If Russia doesn't want players to leave and play in the CHL, this plays right into their hand.

​​