Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Russia and Ukraine conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Thanks 2014OG. As someone who's a contrarian more than most on here I do appreciate hearing all the angles. I'll be watching the video when I find the time, but I'll be doubtful I'll find any justifiability for Putin's war campaign.
    It's likely the best neutral attempt at an explanation I've seen. But it's def not pro-russia lol. It's hard to find a non-clouded pro Russia thought in this.

But really gives light on what Russia is likely thinking.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is this a rhetorical question?

Again, it seems a few here have forgotten what the banner on top of this webpage says. It doesn't say CNN forum, or Fox News forum. It' say Dobber Sports Forum and it seems some have either forgotten that or just don't realize it. I am going to help them remember that. If you do not like, or are not willing to contribute to the sports section of this website, you're logging onto the wrong webpage. Enough is enough. I can think of four or five members off the top of my head (and I am sure they know who they are too) who come to this section of the SPORTS FORUM and contribute here, and only here with any regularity. I am recommending that changes or I will help them find another place to hang their hat.

I dont think I can make it any clearer than that. I love talking politics as much as the next guy but I am able to do it without name calling or berating/belittling other members. I also love talking fantasy sports, which is what brought me to this webpage in the first place and continues to bring me back each day. That is my primary reason for logging onto this website but clearly, for some, that is not the case. That is what I am talking about. Contribute to the sports parts, and this part, of the forum respectfully, or not at all.
    I don't scroll sections. I Look at latest posts and reply to posts that interest me. It just happens to be on the "political", "movies you watch", "fomula 1" threads mostly.

Fantasy hockey threads I occasionally respond,but most people play in leagues woth different categories than I, and I prefer to comment on stuff where I am proficient in.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd like to recommend an "internet 101" rule for some people though

You can always keep scrolling if you don't like confrontation/online argument.

In the sake of this thread. Everyone screams foul in Russia and does the typical "thoughts and prayers" (usually on facebook in form of some meme), but there is always more than meets the eye. ALWAYS

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    I'd like to recommend an "internet 101" rule for some people though

You can always keep scrolling if you don't like confrontation/online argument.

In the sake of this thread. Everyone screams foul in Russia and does the typical "thoughts and prayers" (usually on facebook in form of some meme), but there is always more than meets the eye. ALWAYS
    This is not up for debate. If you aren't here for the Sports as your primary reason for being here, you might as well log off now. That or I can help show you the door.

These changes are in effect immediately.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you're being a bit over aggressive Axe. Many people read the sports sections without ever contributing. Nothing wrong with that. That would make sports the main reason for being here, and I'm positive hockey is the main reason tbh.

What's next, a certain number of minimum posts required to stay active im the forum?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    I think you're being a bit over aggressive Axe. Many people read the sports sections without ever contributing. Nothing wrong with that. That would make sports the main reason for being here, and I'm positive hockey is the main reason tbh.

What's next, a certain number of minimum posts required to stay active im the forum?
    If anything, we've been way too lax and it's been going on for too long. That changes now. Is it a drastic change? Maybe. You don't have to like it, but you will accept it. Now let it go, start contributing to other areas or just log off all together. I am not going to repeat myself anymore. Question it more and you will be on a 7 day vacation. End of discussion. You don't like it, feel free to email Dobber yourself.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Is this a rhetorical question?
    No, just curious. The person has apparently left the forum within the last day though so it's all good

The Great One

How can I delete my account?

Dobber Sports Star

[QUOTE=Axeman33;2182223]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramuin View Post

If you're only here for the politics, you won't be around much longer. If anyone has an issue with this, you might as well log off now. If you think I'm lying, try me and then try to log on.

It's simple. Keep it civil and look contribute to other areas of the forum.
    I'm definitely guilty of this, but I do still spend most of my time here reading hockey specific threads. I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable on matters of hockey as most of the regulars here, so I'm more student than teacher and rarely attempt to post any hockey advice. I don't seek out the political section, but like someone else has said, I never ever seek out any specific area of the forum. 100% of the time I click "Latest Posts". I also never start any of these politicized threads, but once I see some of the things being said in them I just can't resist getting involved lol.

I'm sure it's painful for other people to read these endless battles so I apologize for that, but I actually find them really valuable and hope they (or I) don't get removed from the forum. I HATE arguing with friends/family/neighbors about this kind of stuff, so unless those people are willing to have calm, open-minded discussions, I just avoid the topics altogether. Specifically, the last thing I want to talk about in my real life (whether it's with like-minded people or the opposite) is anything related to Covid. I have a friend with views on Covid that are similar to Stifler, and I would much prefer we just avoid the topic altogether.

This forum, as strange as it is considering it's a hockey forum, provides kind of a release valve for that. I can argue with Stifler without straining any real-life relationships, I can test out my own thoughts and opinions on things to see where I really stand, and I can have my mind changed when other people here make valid arguments. I find it more valuable to do that here than on another forum because I don't want it to be completely dominant (I have no interests in a political forum with 100+ daily threads of fighting like this), and this group is great as a replacement for arguing with people in my real-life because in a sense we're all peers. Everybody here has fantasy hockey in common, and I think in a lot of ways we're all quite similar. If I were to pick out 17 guys from this forum at random, it would probably be a pretty similar mix of people as my real-life fantasy league, and my real-life friends.

Anyways, just thought I would throw that out there as an explanation as to why I often pop my head up in these types of threads.

Dobber Sports Stud

Now would be a great time to look at long term infrastructure to stop buying oil from Russia.

I know team green will rage at the thought of us renewing the XL pipeline and perhaps even refining more of our out stock, but........it would be smart.

It doesn't really help the environment for us to relax our side of things and then immediately ask OPEC to churn out more. All it does is pass the buck so we can say "See, we are doing green things" while relying on another part of the world to take the blame for emissions so we can buy their oil. Its just blood barrels instead of blood diamonds.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    How can I delete my account?
    Don't know. Top right corner "log out". Stop logging in. Same result.

Dobber Sports Initiate

[QUOTE=forumname;2182347]

I'm definitely guilty of this, but I do still spend most of my time here reading hockey specific threads. I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable on matters of hockey as most of the regulars here, so I'm more student than teacher and rarely attempt to post any hockey advice. I don't seek out the political section, but like someone else has said, I never ever seek out any specific area of the forum. 100% of the time I click "Latest Posts". I also never start any of these politicized threads, but once I see some of the things being said in them I just can't resist getting involved lol.

I'm sure it's painful for other people to read these endless battles so I apologize for that, but I actually find them really valuable and hope they (or I) don't get removed from the forum. I HATE arguing with friends/family/neighbors about this kind of stuff, so unless those people are willing to have calm, open-minded discussions, I just avoid the topics altogether. Specifically, the last thing I want to talk about in my real life (whether it's with like-minded people or the opposite) is anything related to Covid. I have a friend with views on Covid that are similar to Stifler, and I would much prefer we just avoid the topic altogether.

This forum, as strange as it is considering it's a hockey forum, provides kind of a release valve for that. I can argue with Stifler without straining any real-life relationships, I can test out my own thoughts and opinions on things to see where I really stand, and I can have my mind changed when other people here make valid arguments. I find it more valuable to do that here than on another forum because I don't want it to be completely dominant (I have no interests in a political forum with 100+ daily threads of fighting like this), and this group is great as a replacement for arguing with people in my real-life because in a sense we're all peers. Everybody here has fantasy hockey in common, and I think in a lot of ways we're all quite similar. If I were to pick out 17 guys from this forum at random, it would probably be a pretty similar mix of people as my real-life fantasy league, and my real-life friends.

Anyways, just thought I would throw that out there as an explanation as to why I often pop my head up in these types of threads.
    For once I agree with you. Even the insulting eachother is fine to me. I don't lose any sleep over it whatever you call me.

It's a good valve to let it out.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I just found out the straw that broke the Camels back.

6 days ago (consistent with Russia attacking Ukraine) - was the anniversary of Miracle on Ice
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dare I bring up Elon Musk in this thread?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-mu...ernet-service/

Dobber Sports Titan

IIHF are about to announce that Belarus and Russia will be banned from international play through August 2022. This means they will not be participating at the WJC that were moved to the summer, World Championship as well. And the 2023 WJC have been moved from Russia as the host country.

FIFA has banned Russia as well. Including the World Cup.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll